2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

The Orca logo is the cleanest, most professionally constructed and symbolic logo of the region the Canucks have had.

The spaghetti skate is exactly that. Yes it's iconic for many, but it's a dated mess of a logo and should not be reincarnated.

The updated rink in stick logo is a simple and pure design which, while I like seeing it on the front of the 3rds, isn't detailed enough of a logo to represent the primary logo for Vancouver. Shoulder logo for sure.

The Jonhnny Canuck V head logo is a shocking execution of the Johnny Canuck morphed in with a generic V shape. It's an awkward shape and I very much dislike it.

The Johnny Canuck full bodied logo is not as egregious, but it is quite detailed and I feel that it would detract from what would otherwise be a very crisp and solid blue, green and white jersey. The full body logo might end up looking like a blurred graphic a lot of the time. Florida have one, it's okay, but I'm not 100% on board.

Ranking my preferences, they would be

1. Orca

2. Stick n Rink

3. Full body JC

4. Spaghetti skate

I'm not even putting the other one on the list. Can't stand even the thought.

And the Millionaires are not the Canucks. I don't particularly like that jersey/logo anyway. Once again, the only reason why that jersey has any semblance of respect is a pure nostalgic reason. There's nothing particularly great about it.

I'd swap numbers 3 and 4 if listing my preference, but other than that, I agree with literally everything you said.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Blues logo looks "fake" to you two idiots because it's a mock-up by our own Sportslogos.net mothership page and founder Chris Creamer. (Notice the website in the bottom right...) Here's the link to the story on the main site: http://news.sportslogos.net/2014/02/27/is-this-the-new-st-louis-blues-logo/

It's not supposed to be official.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

That Blues logo looks "fake" to you two idiots because it's a mock-up by our own Sportslogos.net mothership page and founder Chris Creamer. (Notice the website in the bottom right...) Here's the link to the story on the main site: http://news.sportslogos.net/2014/02/27/is-this-the-new-st-louis-blues-logo/

It's not supposed to be official.

Easy there...

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

In my perfect NHL the Canucks would have Skatin' Johnny front and center, no Vancouver arched word mark, the sleeves and hems would match the socks (the striping inconsistencies drive me crazy), and the updated stick in rink would be on the shoulders (it's an atrocious primary logo, but the updated version that is more C-like is an okay shoulder patch). Also that pointless third jersey would get lost and forgotten.

They're wearing a good uniform, but they have the foundation for a great uniform.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The NHL just announced that the Sharks will host the Kings in a Stadium Series match.. Hope the Sharks will bring a Edgified version of their first uniforms, but i doubt

That's another thing I don't like about the Kings being in this back to back years. Are they going to use the same jersey? Are they just going to make a white version of it? Are they going to get another templated jersey? Same shiny logo? Two straight years of one-off jerseys?

Dumb.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The NHL just announced that the Sharks will host the Kings in a Stadium Series match.. Hope the Sharks will bring a Edgified version of their first uniforms, but i doubt

A sharks throwback to 1991 would be cool, so would a throwback to the '67 Seals. Put them up against the '67 purple and gold of the Kings and you'd really have something awesome.

More than likely, we won't see any throwbacks for the Stadium Series games because the NHL is hellbent on current logo chromification for them (unlike the Winter Classic and the league's embrace of throwbacks there). I'm going to guess that the Kings will have the same crown unis from last year in white, while San Jose will play with chromified teal Sharks sweaters (which I'm actually looking forward to seeing).

And the Millionaires are not the Canucks. I don't particularly like that jersey/logo anyway. Once again, the only reason why that jersey has any semblance of respect is a pure nostalgic reason.

I doubt there are still people alive who are nostalgic about the Vancouver Millionaires.

More than likely, we won't see any throwbacks for the Stadium Series games because the NHL is hellbent on current logo chromification for them (unlike the Winter Classic and the league's embrace of throwbacks there). I'm going to guess that the Kings will have the same crown unis from last year in white, while San Jose will play with chromified teal Sharks sweaters (which I'm actually looking forward to seeing).

Oh man, you know what I just thought of when I read through your post? If they use last season's Stadium Series template, it can basically come out as a teal version of these (just with a chromed logo):

SanJoseSharks2001t.JPG

I can get on board with that.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

It'll probably be head-to-toe black with no striping or logos. Wouldn't want to weigh the players down. It will still have front numbers because every Sharks jersey has to have those.

Oh and, Still MIGHTY... I'm sorry if I can't remember every single article and mockup posted on this site. All I was saying is that the logo isn't what the Blues are going with. Chris from Icethetics is a very reliable source. Chill the :censored: out...

Both the Kings and Sharks will be getting jerseys for the Stadium Series. I hope that both are different than what they've worn currently, and hoping the Sharks use teal as the primary color.

Plot twist: They'll get a black jersey for that game since they use their alternate during the playoffs.. I hope i'm totally wrong :)

Given the outcome of their series with the Kings last season, you would think they would want to stay FAR away from anything even remotely, tangentially related to that.

And it's the Stadium Series, meaning that it's going to be some newly designed chromed-out jersey that has nothing to do with either team's history. If it was the Winter Classic, I'd bet good money on the Sharks doing a 1991 teal jersey and the Kings probably with Gretzky-era unis, only because they've used their purple and gold set often the past few years. People know about them. No one's seen the Gretzky era unis since...Gretzky.

sig.png

And it's the Stadium Series, meaning that it's going to be some newly designed chromed-out jersey that has nothing to do with either team's history. If it was the Winter Classic, I'd bet good money on the Sharks doing a 1991 teal jersey and the Kings probably with Gretzky-era unis, only because they've used their purple and gold set often the past few years. People know about them. No one's seen the Gretzky era unis since...Gretzky.

In fairness, our current clownsuits are pretty much an homage to the Gretzky-era sweaters.

I'm hoping to see something along these lines, either a straight throwback or a modernization:

luc-robitaille-los-angeles-kings-signed-

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived