2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd prefer the never used update they gave to the original. The centurion in profile has always been my preference to the 3D variations.

x8dxgo0eh0zensmq7icp_zps34783fc2.gif

That's my preference if they have to stick with the Roman theme. Which they probably do at this point.

I agree with you completely here (as well as with your earlier post). I've made it known many times on this board that I am not a fan of the whole Roman theme. Ottawa is the birthplace of the Stanley Cup and home of the NHL's first dynasty and the nickname is meant to represent the city's storied hockey history. I like the =O=, as well as the Peace Tower logo (the one with the maple leaf next to it, although the wordmark had the right idea, it just wasn't executed smoothly). If people need to have some kind of mascot then why not go with something like a Mountie or a Parliament guard. They both are closely tied to Ottawa and the government, and they both wear black and red.

If they do insist on keeping the trojan/centurion/spartan theme then the 2D logo is definitely the way to go. Nashville made the wise decision to drop their 3D logo, and I can only imagine the outcry if Chicago ever released a third jersey with a 3D Chief Blackhawk on the front. The team also needs to bring back black as the primary colour. The Blackhawks and Devils pretty much own the black helmet/pants, red jersey/socks look. There isn't a single team in the NHL that wears head to toe black with white and red stripes as a primary. It's a look that the Sens could own.

giphy.gif

thecatch.jpg

When it comes to the Senators, their original logo and the original white and black (with the added white stripe) jerseys are my favorite and from what I see, a lot of people feel the same way. The unused logo isn't bad but, I much prefer the original, as in the slightly updated original logo. I actually really like both Heritage jerseys too, especially the Cream-colored one. Morgo, some of us don't despise Vintage White. :P I think that color is a nice change once in a while, as long as it is done right and suits the overall look of the entire uniform. Am I the only one who would really like to see the Senators put their Pre-Launch Wordmark Logo somewhere on their uniforms? Perhaps the helmets or the pants, or even both? I think that would be a good secondary logo.

Am I the only one not too big on the current 2D Senators logo? It would be great however feels thrown off to me because the top of the helmet is way to big compared to the head size.

Looks about right to me...

PDR_0325_zps86eaeb48.jpg

YOUN-YH1801_2_zps7cf5fcc2.jpg

Am I the only one not too big on the current 2D Senators logo? It would be great however feels thrown off to me because the top of the helmet is way to big compared to the head size.

Looks about right to me...

PDR_0325_zps86eaeb48.jpg

YOUN-YH1801_2_zps7cf5fcc2.jpg

Compared to the logo, the 1st pic is more accurate since it didn't have that pole raising the hairbrush/whatever that is.

The issue with the Sens IMo is that both looks show off what a Senator could be. The main issue isn't the main logo, but the shoulder patch. I hate the O logo, I want the Pace Tower shoulder logo back. It is a nice nod to the teams past without being over-bearing.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

I found 0 merch with that logo on it.

The only time I found it outside of this site was on a sticker sheet in Granville Island, does that count?

I've said this numerous times, but the 2D mark was dropped from the official logo set before the 2011-2012 season.

Speaking of the Senators, per Icethetics, the white heritage jersey is dead.

Every decision this team makes confounds me.

That's a shame . They were getting their own look and identity but they chose to throw it away in favor of their Devils/Penguins mashup instead... No wonder this team ain't winning :censored:,,,

Nope. I don't care too much for it either. I like their look they had at expansion in the 90's. Have that with an added throwback stripped jersey.

Jobing.com Arena will change its name to Gila River Arena

That's an improvement. Lamest arena name gone, plus there's a little synergy between Yotes and Gilas, I guess.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Jobing.com Arena will change its name to Gila River Arena

That's an improvement. Lamest arena name gone, plus there's a little synergy between Yotes and Gilas, I guess.

There's even more synergy between two entities whose financial survival depends on dumb people throwing good money after bad.
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived