2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the initial plan called for tucked-in jerseys, which would eliminate the need for hem stripes.

You are correct, sir, but this Avs design took place after RBK gave up on that idea, and the NHL was moving in the anti-tuck (anti-OV?) direction. Same with the Sharks...

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone. Sorry to say I won't be able to post pics of pages from the catalog. Kinda frowned upon by the guys that matter. I can answer any questions to the best of my ability though.

Can you share any details of the new Bolts alternate? Is it a copy of the Cup-era unis or maybe inspired by it?

Hey everyone. Sorry to say I won't be able to post pics of pages from the catalog. Kinda frowned upon by the guys that matter. I can answer any questions to the best of my ability though.

Can you share any details of the new Bolts alternate? Is it a copy of the Cup-era unis or maybe inspired by it?

Really? The Bolts are getting a new alternate? Is it confirmed?

I really can't. =(

What I know of it comes from team and not a catalog or anything so really not supposed to say. Not missing much though, to be honest I don't know much at all, just that it will be black. For all I know beyond that it could be black and pink, or an exact copy of the Cup era ones, or anywhere between!

Coyotes officially changing from Phoenix to Arizona starting next season:

GLENDALE, ARIZONA --- Phoenix Coyotes Co-Owner, President and CEO Anthony LeBlanc announced today that the Phoenix Coyotes will officially change their franchise name to the Arizona Coyotes beginning at the start of the 2014-15 NHL season.

As part of the name change, the Coyotes will be introducing a new shoulder patch for their home and road jerseys in 2014-15. The patch will be unveiled for the Coyotes first preseason game next season. The rest of the Coyotes uniform will not change.

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=702881

IeHVybT.png

The Arizona Cardinals were once the Phoenix Cardinals. There is precedent to this. They want to appeal to a bigger demographic.

Does that mean that someone from Tucson or Flagstaff is now going to drive to the Jobberdome to watch a game because they gotta "rep their state"? Probably not.

PvO6ZWJ.png

athirdhem_zps54c7e87b.png

While I hate the wordmark (I hate all wordmark jerseys), I do like that shade of blue.

That certainly is an improvement though it still doesn't look great. What would be so wrong with a blue jersey that has the main logo on the front? Maybe without the circle or even the foot would be a better crest then that gaudy script.

athirdhem_zps54c7e87b.png

While I hate the wordmark (I hate all wordmark jerseys), I do like that shade of blue.

That certainly is an improvement though it still doesn't look great. What would be so wrong with a blue jersey that has the main logo on the front? Maybe without the circle or even the foot would be a better crest then that gaudy script.
I'm all for the foot and bringing back the yeti mascot

Maybe without the circle or even the foot would be a better crest then that gaudy script.

I'm not sure how a diagonal script could be called gaudy. Boring? I disagree, but I'd get it. Gaudy though? It's like the opposite of gaudy!

I really can't. =(

What I know of it comes from team and not a catalog or anything so really not supposed to say. Not missing much though, to be honest I don't know much at all, just that it will be black. For all I know beyond that it could be black and pink, or an exact copy of the Cup era ones, or anywhere between!

(dance)(dance) (dance) (dance) (dance)

spacer.png

The Arizona Coyotes or Pheonix Coyotes.. It doesn't matter since they'll be here in Quebec in 4 or 5 years max :)

This looks to be true. The current owners of the Yotes lobbied hard to get that new stadium in Quebec built. They also demanded an "out clause" from Jobbing.com Arena after a few years, as part of the agreement to buy them.

Archived