2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Flyers just never looked good in black

Orange is to the Flyers what Red Is to the Red Sox.

Exactly. That's why going with black full time was by far, their worst aesthetics mistake. I even think their original Edge set would have been better with an orange jersey than a black one. Can someone photoshop a picture of it to see what it'd look like ?

Exactly. That's why going with black full time was by far, their worst aesthetics mistake. I even think their original Edge set would have been better with an orange jersey than a black one. Can someone photoshop a picture of it to see what it'd look like ?
A black jersey with a SIGNIFICANT amount of orange on it would be a nice alternate. No white shoulder yoke and white numbers with Miami Dolphins-like use of orange.

With Houston Texans lettering/numbering? That's rather out of nowhere.

The angry Senator looks a lot better in white than in caucasian flesh-tone, I think. And the old SNES template looks good on a white sweater. I don't get why there are black/gold numbers at home, and white/black/red numbers on the road, though.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

EXTREMELY UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT:

I like the Flyers pre-Edge Black unis more than their current unis.

Sorry I just hate that the orange and white connect with no black inbetween and that awful nameplate, while the black alt was really sharp, my only problem is it didn't really fit the Flyers and the logo was black-on-black.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

Roger already mocked something very similar to one of these directions up graphically, but here's where I stand on what should have happened.

blues_changes_best.jpg

blues_changes_original.jpg

The white jersey looks better without the gap, the blue version does not. The Yellow and White should never touch because they tend to bleed together.

I would disagree. The white and yellow didn't bleed into each other on that late 90s Blues set, the two colors don't bleed on any of the Penguins' yellow and black jerseys, they didn't bleed on the sleeves of the 90s Panthers white jerseys, nor do they bleed on the Kings' 80s jerseys. Blue and yellow tend to bleed and make green (see the Chargers).

I'm actually seeing that green bleed on the numbers of these new Blues jerseys. Driving me crazy, the only thing I hate about an-otherwise very good uniform.

That being said, is the stripe between the thicker yellow and white stripes on the socks Blue or is it Navy??

It looks navy. That's going to bother me.

It is navy and thanks for pointing that out because that bothers me too. They took the blue-white-yellow stripes from the sleeve and hems and put it on the white sock, but when they went to do the same to the blue socks what should've been white-blue-yellow, matching the hems of the blue jersey, instead they made white-navy-yellow.

Choices like that bug the crap out of me.

If it were my design the socks would match exactly what's on the sleeves and hem. IMO there's no reason to deviate from that. Also the yoke would match as well. If you're designing stripes why not make them match across the entire platform? I would've gone with STL Fanatic's 1B up there. That looks perfect to me.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Note that the new BSens jerseys have CCM branding.

First time we've seen CCM replacing Reebok branding on a major professional level.

Pretty sure some Texas players had CCM jerseys in last years Calder Cup Final.

That being said, is the stripe between the thicker yellow and white stripes on the socks Blue or is it Navy??

It looks navy. That's going to bother me.

It is navy and thanks for pointing that out because that bothers me too. They took the blue-white-yellow stripes from the sleeve and hems and put it on the white sock, but when they went to do the same to the blue socks what should've been white-blue-yellow, matching the hems of the blue jersey, instead they made white-navy-yellow.

Choices like that bug the crap out of me.

If it were my design the socks would match exactly what's on the sleeves and hem. IMO there's no reason to deviate from that. Also the yoke would match as well. If you're designing stripes why not make them match across the entire platform? I would've gone with STL Fanatic's 1B up there. That looks perfect to me.

I wish you guys hadn't pointed out that the stripes are navy. Damn... What possesed them to make them navy as opposed to perfectly matching the stripes? It wouldn't bug me as much if the stripe on the away socks were also navy, but they obviously made the right decision there. Why not translate it to home uniforms?

Note that the new BSens jerseys have CCM branding.

First time we've seen CCM replacing Reebok branding on a major professional level.

Pretty sure some Texas players had CCM jerseys in last years Calder Cup Final.

I can't find any TexStars players with CCM jerseys, but some of them played with CCM helmets, with others donning Reebok helmets.

Dowling+Hedden+environment+win+-+Christi

Binghamton Senators reveal. And yep... The old Senators third template...

BwTFJxkIcAEtqTH.jpg

BwTFJenIQAE1dwt.jpg

There are some strange inconsistencies between these jerseys. The home has the front piping going all the way to the collar, uses single outlined numbers, and incorporates gold into the striping and the number font. The away doesn't have the piping go to the collar (or is using black piping on a black jersey), has double outlined numbers, and doesn't include gold anywhere outside of the logo.

I guess I'm one of the few that likes Flyers in Black but in my opinion it works solely on the fact that Black is one of their Primary colours. The logo is 90% Black, the Wordmark is 100% black, its nice to see them in Black - it also goes nicely with Orange. I think other teams doing the BFBS bull have ruined it for teams that should be black. Pens, Kings, Flyers, Bruins, Blackhawks. I guess the only exception would be Ottawa, but I like seeing them in a majority Red jersey.

Lets just wait and see what happens. All I know is I see Vintage White so I'm excited!! (yes, I'm one of those people).

So they only need to wear orange socks and they're good?

The late 90s black alternate was a great jersey but it never should have taken the place of the orange.

This

The late 90s black alternate was a great jersey but it never should have taken the place of the orange.

Was it really though? To me it seemed like a lazy recolour on an outdated 80's design. A primarily black logo on a black jersey is never a good idea and when your primary colour is orange, it's never wise to demote it to tertiary status. Those jerseys looked Black and White on Television.

Archived