2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

To answer another question, the new Lightning jersey will say BOLTS unfortunately. I've seen the completed art, it will be universally panned for being exceedingly bland. Unless something translates a lot better in real life than on paper it's fairly bland.

If that is the case, it will fit in well with the primary set.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To answer another question, the new Lightning jersey will say BOLTS unfortunately. I've seen the completed art, it will be universally panned for being exceedingly bland. Unless something translates a lot better in real life than on paper it's fairly bland.

Unlike a stick in a rectangle...

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

Looks like the Sharks have finally taken the hint about their playoff jersey selection.. http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/05/report-sharks-dumping-black-jerseys-for-teal-in-playoffs/

Awfully presumptuous of them to start plans for what they'll wear in the playoffs with the off season they've had.
Well, we all know they'll make the post season and choke it away just like San Jose South (Anaheim).

Nah. Thomas' was particularly goofy with the stiff throat protector.

And the combination of him with that helmet in a Dallas Stars jersey with Florida Panthers pads was something other-worldly.

Imago_Tim-Thomas_Dallas-Stars_UUSI.jpg

I had completely forgotten that Thomas as a Star was a thing.

The league/Stars let him wear symbols and colors of another team?

Did Timmy T ever wear that gear WITH Florida? I am having trouble finding pics. I have liked the idea of goalies mimicing the sock striping with their pads for quite a while.

He wore a variety of pads and helmets lasts year and only wore those those pads for a very short time before being traded.

Josh Harding also did this, but the top of the pad didn't match the pants.

Wild-goalie-Josh-Harding-shelved-one-wee

I can't explain why, but I just love the look of that.

Looks like the Sharks have finally taken the hint about their playoff jersey selection.. http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/05/report-sharks-dumping-black-jerseys-for-teal-in-playoffs/

Awfully presumptuous of them to start plans for what they'll wear in the playoffs with the off season they've had.
Well, we all know they'll make the post season and choke it away just like San Jose South (Anaheim).

Yup. Extremely accurate.

(Except for the fact the Ducks have actually won a Cup and got to the Finals twice, things San Jose has never done, and hey, even helped San Jose choke as President's Trophy-winners that one time. But hey whatever. It's an oddball world, and we're all just lesser-thans in it.)

---

Anyways, the San Jose Sharks have been my favorite show this summer. Entertainment, intrigue, betrayal, drama. So much fun.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I find it interesting that in a city that prides itself on cutting-edge thinking, the GM of the local hockey team has spent the whole summer muttering "grr, unga-bunga, toughness."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They also have a small dip in season ticket holders for next season.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_26476218/san-jose-sharks-have-small-dip-season-ticket

So much for the BFIH

GASP! INTRIGUE! DRAMA!

ALL THE LOCKED TOPICS IN HFBOARDS' BUSINESS OF HOCKEY FORUM POINTING THIS OUT!

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Yup. Extremely accurate.

(Except for the fact the Ducks have actually won a Cup and got to the Finals twice, things San Jose has never done, and hey, even helped San Jose choke as President's Trophy-winners that one time. But hey whatever. It's an oddball world, and we're all just lesser-thans in it.)

---

Anyways, the San Jose Sharks have been my favorite show this summer. Entertainment, intrigue, betrayal, drama. So much fun.

Nice job Raider fan. Keep talking about the past like it means something. Nothing matters except for who has the most and who hast the Cup now. That's like a Dodgers fan talking smack about World Series championships... it doesn't matter that you won in 1988 because no one cares, not even your dog.

The Ducks could very easily win the cup this year so I would keep your words soft and sweet...

As for the Sharks finally reverting back to teal in the playoffs (should they make it), thank god! I wish they'd take it a step further and trash those hideous "black armour" jerseys for good. The Sharks have never looked good in black.

Nice job Raider fan. Keep talking about the past like it means something. Nothing matters except for who has the most and who hast the Cup now. That's like a Dodgers fan talking smack about World Series championships... it doesn't matter that you won in 1988 because no one cares, not even your dog.

He's a Colts fan, and I don't even know that he owns a dog, but don't let anything ever stop you from sniping at people with the patent-pending Oddball Random Comeback Generator.

Yup. Extremely accurate.

---

You wouldn't be saying that if you weren't a Kings fan bud.

The Ducks could very easily win the cup this year so I would keep your words soft and sweet...

As for the Sharks finally reverting back to teal in the playoffs (should they make it), thank god! I wish they'd take it a step further and trash those hideous "black armour" jerseys for good. The Sharks have never looked good in black.

The entire western conference could very easily win the cup this year. Anaheim's inexperienced goaltending situation could potentially go down the tubes fast this season with a total of just 31 games between them.

It's more that if he gets hurt again, we're down to an undersized over-aged sophomore who was utterly solved by the end of his rookie year. Also, Michael Leighton. Crawford wasn't even that good last year, and was particularly bad in the playoffs.

Unlike a stick in a rectangle...

A stick and rink making 'C' is practically genius compared to a generic, clip art, bolt in a circle. I was more referring to the unoriginal colour scheme and striping. Though I'm sure Stamkos will win them a cup in that look, ensuring it isn't going anywhere *sigh*

Archived