2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

1) I never said the Capitals logo was good. I even called it "generic". All I said was that it was better at implementing hockey equipment into the logo because at least you can :censored:ing tell what team it's for by reading the logo.

2) The new Lightning logo has zero to do with this conversation, but because you brought it up, not only is it objectively the best logo that the franchise has ever used, it blows the stick-in-rink logo out of the ocean and into orbit. The colors may be wrong, but the design itself is fantastic.

The 2007-11 logo disagrees with that statement very very much. Why change logos when no change was needed?

The 2007-2011 logo looked very "year 2000" looking, if you know what i mean. It had too many outlines, plus the lightning bolt was jacked up, it looked way too top heavy. The new one IMO is far superior.

tampa-bay-lightning-mobile-wallpaper1.jp

MOD EDIT

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now, this might just be because I met John Vanbiebrouk yesterday, but I feel like these Panthers jerseys: x3u2gxh32gjgr3qmvnhedsmh4.gif

Are 1,000,000 times better than these jerseys: 6mrngn6seefxv1umweoat1cww.gif

Why does that confuse you at all? Of course they're better.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Now, this might just be because I met John Vanbiebrouk yesterday, but I feel like these Panthers jerseys: x3u2gxh32gjgr3qmvnhedsmh4.gif

I think the old one would look better without the white stripping. I also prefer the new red color.

No, the white trim serves to break up the red and blue. It's definitely necessary.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Kurt_duh.gif

Who humblebrags about meeting John Vanbiesbrouck?

The 1/2-dozen-or-so fans who're left after riding-on that 1996 playoff run.

I think the old one would look better without the white stripping. I also prefer the new red color.

I feel the opposite way. I think the new jersey would look much better with some white striping to break up the red, navy, and yellow. Something like this would be a huge improvement (although still not as good as the original reds):

FloridaPanthers_zpseb05bad5.png

I feel the opposite way. I think the new jersey would look much better with some white striping to break up the red, navy, and yellow. Something like this would be a huge improvement (although still not as good as the original reds):

FloridaPanthers_zpseb05bad5.png

Even if you add white to the horizontal stripes, the Edge cut/template is still terrible. Skinny to fat just looks dumb. Again, totally a complaint of the template and not the concept.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I guess the Ducks prospects didn't get the memo about the new jerseys. But it looks like they got the new pants and gloves though

DSC_0130_slide.jpg

At least we can still see that script logo one more time.

Black Shark helmets with the white unis? Flashback to Colorado's franchise opening game.

Though I think from way back when in 2003 from when the Flames updated their unis, the team didn't want the new jersey on the ice until the regular season home opener. That said, 10 years ago, there wasn't interest and thus pics of preseason rookie games. Preseason games, I think the Flames wore their whites that year.

Black Shark helmets with the white unis? Flashback to Colorado's franchise opening game.

Vancouver's prospects wore white helmets with blue jerseys last night. Looked awful.

White helmets with coloured jerseys looks terrible, but in many instances, I quite like coloured helmets with white jerseys. In the Sharks' case, I think black helmet/white jersey/black pants/white socks is a solid look.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived