Chewbacca

2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

All 90's expansion teams, with the exception of maybe Nashville, should go back to their original uniforms.

Yep. Nashville included.

Oh dear lord NO! Nashville's originials and any including silver, were some of the worst excuses for uniforms. It was so bad that I would not watch games with Nashville involved. Blue, yellow, and silver is how you fail with an identity. Are you listening Buffalo?

Love the fact the Bolts are gonna have a black uni. A shame it won't make up for the fact that their current set sucks hard. I'm also prepared to be immensely let down when it has the new logo on it, so I won't be buying it anyways.

The potential is there, it just won't happen. Maybe Stevie will just put a Red Wings logo on it.

I'm glad that the Bolts are starting to embrace black as a team color again (unless it's just a throwback). Hopefully an update follows down the road, like I thought was promised when they added the black trim and bolt to the re-design. But this alternate was in talks for a while. I remember posting on here that I called the Tampa Bay Sports Store last January to ask about getting a 3rd jersey lettered, and they said that they no longer carried those kits because they were changing the alternate. It's a year later than I expected, but I'm glad that wasn't just a line of crap.

But seriously, all I want is a black helmet, the pants used in the current alternate, and the jersey stripes outlined in black. Is that too much to ask?

EDIT: I just remembered that this year is the 10th anniversary of the Bolts' Stanley Cup. Chances of it being a throwback are pretty high, IMO.

I want the Flames to switch to those sick jerseys they wore in the nineties. Best look in hockey history IMO (and I'm not being a homer).

While I agree those jerseys are far better, you're clearly being a homer.

I want the Flames to switch to those sick jerseys they wore in the nineties. Best look in hockey history IMO (and I'm not being a homer).

While I agree those jerseys are far better, you're clearly being a homer.

Yeah; as a Flames homer myself, I think the late-90's jerseys were neat, but the 2003-04 look blows them away completely.

If I was a true homer...I wouldn't say the Oilers have some of the best uniforms in the NHL. They've never had a bad set, including their WHA stuff...except for those ugly things they started wearing a few years after the Cup Final run. Good thing they fixed that! :)

If I was a true homer...I wouldn't say the Oilers have some of the best uniforms in the NHL. They've never had a bad set, including their WHA stuff...except for those ugly things they started wearing a few years after the Cup Final run. Good thing they fixed that! :)

Well you're clearly a Flames fan, if you're from Edmonton that's irrelevent. Though they've had some great sets, I don't know of anyone ever saying the Flames had the best uniform of all-time, let alone their 90's one having thay distinction. Thus why we call you on homerism all in good fun of course.

You mean the pedestal jerseys? How is that the best look in the NHL? Being from Calgary I was under the impression not many people liked those jerseys.

I thought they were a pretty good stab at being progressive in a relatively staid era, but my ideal Flames uniform would just be the '80s classics with some black accents to set the yellow off from white.

The day the Flames started using black more than yellow was a sad day.

Good news on the 'Yotes. Apparently a re-brand may be on the horizon, though it will hopefully be a moot point before long.

to be honest I was never a fan of their picasso coyote set. HOWEVER...

Phoenix-Coyotes-Green-Alternate-Third-Je

I absolutely loved this jersey.

You mean the pedestal jerseys? How is that the best look in the NHL? Being from Calgary I was under the impression not many people liked those jerseys.
Remove the pedestal stripe and I'd say they were the best uniforms the Flames have worn.

Remove the pedestal stripe and I'd say they were the best uniforms the Flames have worn.

Agreed.

This is hopefully the start of better things to come, I loved their original jerseys.