2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

I'm not against the "vintage white" being used for a throwback/"faux-back" (a la the Senators and the retired Blackhawks and Penguins thirds), but I can help but feel that this Flyers third jersey would look a lot better with regular white than vintage white, especially as it's not a "faux-back". I have the same issue with the Blue Jackets third as well, but I do like the Jackets' and Flyers' thirds regardless, but they'd both look a lot better with white.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like that third jersey and was hoping they would have used it last year. It just seems odd they waited till now. Its a great combination of old and new because it contains elements (in terms of sweater design) of the old Philadelphia Quakers.

Its a sharp looking Jersey and how anyone would want those generic black jerseys they wore awhile back as the third is beyond me.

Of course I hate the while nameplates but then again they have that on their current homes.

The Catch of the Day!

I hereby dub the new Flyers cash grabs as a prime example of "alt for alt's sake".

I'm going to read this as the sarcasm you meant it to be and not of the line of thinking that all alts are "for alt's sake"

The problems I have with the Flyers third are the same issues with their regular jerseys, the different color name plate which looks horrible, and then the "vintage" white. What I love is the orange strip on the pants.

I hereby dub the new Flyers cash grabs as a prime example of "alt for alt's sake".

That's fair. That's pretty much all it is.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

"We should have a third jersey. They change it up, give us something to promote, and they make money."

"Alright, you have any ideas in mind? Something new that the fans will love?"

"Uh....nope. How about that Winter Classic jersey?"

"Will people buy it again?"

"There'll be no Winter Classic patch on it, so it's different"

"Alright, I'm sold."

So we've seen Pittsburgh use theirs...twice. Washington uses theirs, Philly's first is now their away jersey, Chicago used theirs, Toronto uses theirs, Detroit would bust out their first one now and then...

And we've never seen the return of one of the best ones: Boston.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Boston used theirs twice in the regular season following the classic. They really should have made it the third.

My mistake. They should have brought it back as the third or if the brown equipment was too much of a hassle, make a gold/black version. Would've been the perfect compliment to that already perfect set.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Boston used theirs twice in the regular season following the classic. They really should have made it the third.

My mistake. They should have brought it back as the third or if the brown equipment was too much of a hassle, make a gold/black version. Would've been the perfect compliment to that already perfect set.

Wholeheartedly agree. Their existing primaries plus the yellow jersey = best set in the league when viewed in totality. Is there another team with three jerseys that look as good? A decent topic for debate. I don't think any team that sports three jerseys on a consistent basis would be close. The Wild, to me, would be next, but they have many flaws...

There's about a dozen years post-Cooperals and pre-black thirds where the Flyers looked a lot better than this.

I don't mind the WC third, even if it is a bit inexplicable to bring it back now. I think it uses a shade of orange closer to "warm red" than "traffic cone", the sleeve numbers actually fit in the design, and I'm a total sucker for that keystone Captain's letter.

Thanks!

"We should have a third jersey. They change it up, give us something to promote, and they make money."

"Alright, you have any ideas in mind? Something new that the fans will love?"

"Uh....nope. How about that Winter Classic jersey?"

"Will people buy it again?"

"There'll be no Winter Classic patch on it, so it's different"

"Alright, I'm sold."

So we've seen Pittsburgh use theirs...twice. Washington uses theirs, Philly's first is now their away jersey, Chicago used theirs, Toronto uses theirs, Detroit would bust out their first one now and then...

And we've never seen the return of one of the best ones: Boston.

Detroit used their first WC jersey in one other game, IIRC. I think they wanted to show the home fans the uniform because the game was played in Chicago. It was in no way a third jersey.

UNPOPULAR OPINION: These are fine as a throwback alt but too dated to become a primary jersey. Love the colors but the striping would need updating.

Black and Yellow: Boston Bruins

Black and Gold: Pittsburgh Penguins

Couldn't address this until I got the official specs, but I was correct:

Both the Bruins and Penguins' thirds use the exact same shade of Gold.

UNPOPULAR OPINION: These are fine as a throwback alt but too dated to become a primary jersey. Love the colors but the striping would need updating.

Black and Yellow: Boston Bruins

Black and Gold: Pittsburgh Penguins

Couldn't address this until I got the official specs, but I was correct:

Both the Bruins and Penguins' thirds use the exact same shade of YELLOW.

gold is Saints/49ers..etc. yellow is Steelers/Bruins/Packers...etc.

gold is Saints/49ers..etc. yellow is Steelers/Bruins/Packers...etc.

You're not really going to go there with me, are you???

Repeat after me:

COLOR DESCRIPTIONS ARE FOR MARKETING PURPOSES. THEY DON'T MEAN A FRACKING THING.

They can call it Gold or Yellow, or Mountain Sharkz Saffron...doesn't matter.

Why don't we call it this instead?:

PMS_1235_C_SRGB.png

Caps set to unveil Winter Classic jerseys tomorrow at 12. Hell will probably freeze over before they bring back the blue, copper, and black of the '90s

Winter Classics are meant to be a bit more vintage right? If I'm not mistaken they just use their white 'old-school' uniform, so maybe they'll just whip out a red version. I mean there's not much else they could throw back to that'll fit the 'Classic' theme, unless they come up with something completely new.

sig.png

Archived