2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gold is Saints/49ers..etc. yellow is Steelers/Bruins/Packers...etc.

You're not really going to go there with me, are you???

Repeat after me:

COLOR DESCRIPTIONS ARE FOR MARKETING PURPOSES. THEY DON'T MEAN A FRACKING THING.

They can call it Gold or Yellow, or Mountain Sharkz Saffron...doesn't matter.

Why don't we call it this instead?:

PMS_1235_C_SRGB.png

Zippy-da-do-da! Zippy-de-day! Argue Pantones with ColorWerx and you're going to pay! :P

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

A Caps Winter Classic logo leak potentially. Looks like it's being shown on the out of town scoreboard at Nats Park...

https://twitter.com/PhilHecken/status/514136888446185473

If you squint you can see a roundal and what looks like Capitals in front of a W with 3 stars over top.

Riveting stuff, I know

90758391980.gif

gold is Saints/49ers..etc. yellow is Steelers/Bruins/Packers...etc.

You're not really going to go there with me, are you???

Repeat after me:

COLOR DESCRIPTIONS ARE FOR MARKETING PURPOSES. THEY DON'T MEAN A FRACKING THING.

They can call it Gold or Yellow, or Mountain Sharkz Saffron...doesn't matter.

Why don't we call it this instead?:PMS_1235_C_SRGB.png

Zippy-da-do-da! Zippy-de-day! Argue Pantones with ColorWerx and you're going to pay! :P

If I may, I'd like to say, that your rhymes just made my day!

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

A Caps Winter Classic logo leak potentially. Looks like it's being shown on the out of town scoreboard at Nats Park...

https://twitter.com/PhilHecken/status/514136888446185473

If you squint you can see a roundal and what looks like Capitals in front of a W with 3 stars over top.

Riveting stuff, I know

Yet another roundel. Yay...I guess.

tumblr_m7nb3a01AZ1r6cguz.gif

It's not a roundel.

If you see the full picture, Chicago and the Winter Classic logo are in the exact same star-filled roundel.

I'd be down if it was just the W with the three stars. I'm not feeling the "Capitals" across the front of it.

And is this one completely made up? Or do we know yet if it's based on some older Washington team?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Hey, Colorwerx, out of curiosity, is there a chance you could show the difference (If any) between the shade of orange that the Philadelphia Flyers use on their home and road jerseys and the shade of orange on their new alternate jersey.

Maybe I missed this, but did Reebok go back to their logo for this season or is Jordin Tootoo just using a stock jersey for today's game?

https://twitter.com/Chesterpeake/status/514206258787004416

Old stock jersey. Probably assigned to Tootoo because it's not likely he makes the team.

Interestingly, the Devils still use the CCM Center Ice branded practice jerseys so maybe they just have an affinity for old stock items!

Hey, Colorwerx, out of curiosity, is there a chance you could show the difference (If any) between the shade of orange that the Philadelphia Flyers use on their home and road jerseys and the shade of orange on their new alternate jersey.

It's the same.

It's the same.

Oh wow. Much thanks for telling me! :D

I just saw some photos from the Detroit/ Pittsburgh game tonight and noticed that the Red Wings NOB were a strange font and not arched. Did they change something for this season?

Just Kidding, I just felt the need to be the first to ask the question this year.

I just saw some photos from the Detroit/ Pittsburgh game tonight and noticed that the Red Wings NOB were a strange font and not arched. Did they change something for this season?

Just Kidding, I just felt the need to be the first to ask the question this year.

LOL!!! Well played.

You had me there for a moment lol.

Didn't Boston try and prevent the Penguins from using Black, White and Gold back in the early 80's, saying it encroached on their identity?

Yes! They failed.

Interestingly enough, the reason the Penguins were allowed to use black and gold is because the Pittsburgh Pirates (the hockey team) used the colours before Boston did.

It's not as bad as Al Davis trying to step in when the Kings switched to black and silver in the '80s, claiming that those colours belonged to the Raiders.

Archived