2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a very pleasant change from the throwback-with-cream it seems like everyone was doing. Sure, there might not be any historical truth to it, but it fits the feel of the "classic" game yet could still be easily used as a beautiful alternate even today. Very impressed.

Some photos from a friend who was at the unveiling. Sorry for the size.

Capsjerseyunveilingpodium_zps0883c801.jp

Capsjerseyunveilingjerseys1_zpscd083662.

Capsjerseyunveilingjerseys2_zpsd9013e46.

Patch is clearly there on the shoulder.

I like it. I actually really like it. It's a fauxback, the logo looks vintage, simple shapes and fonts but they still snuck symbolism in there with the Monument, the shoulder stripes give it a major vintage vibe without needing something like a barber pole...I think it's a perfect fauxback. Probably not going to lead to new homes and roads based on it (Washington isn't doing what Philly did), but it's a nice jersey.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I like it. Some white outline on the W would be great, but the Washington monument on the W's a nice touch.

The Stadium Series template doesn't work well with the shoulder stripes, though.

edit: Whoops, it's Washington.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

I understand why the Capitals have gone back to Red, White and Blue but must their logos be so simplistic? With great marks in their history like the "Weagle," and "The Screaming Eagle" its a shame all their post 2007 jerseys are constrained to bland word marks and letters.

Archived