2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Any guesses on next year's classic? It's gooooooooooooooootta be St. Louis.

St. Louis and Dallas could be interesting.

Really because I think Minneapolis is the next stop. and for a kick be against dallas so both get to wear North jersey. Or they will have a stadium series on hockey day.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take off the "Capitals" and throw in a white outline on the W and you really have something. The "Capitals" obscures the Washington monument image a bit, and I hate navy blue and red touching each other.

And I love the stripes idea, but man, someone else said it earlier, that Stadium Series jersey cut doesn't do a thing for those shoulder stripes.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'm going to be the first to say it here. The Weagle logo flat out sucks. There's a reason it's a shoulder patch, but it needs to go altogether.

The Weagle is great on a white background, because the Capitol is white, so it looks amazing. It's not as great (still good though) on other backgrounds.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I understand why the Capitals have gone back to Red, White and Blue but must their logos be so simplistic? With great marks in their history like the "Weagle," and "The Screaming Eagle" its a shame all their post 2007 jerseys are constrained to bland word marks and letters.

This coming from the guy defending the stick-in-rink logo a few pages back?

**Shameless plug alert**

Did they really take inspiration from my concept I made a while ago??

http://www.icethetics.co/concepts/2014/1/4/0687-dc-in-winter.html#comments-outer-wrapper=

0104-brianbrideau-wsh.png

I think your selling yourself short there. Your version is about 100 times better than what was unveiled today

Sarcasm?

Anyhow, I know that it's likely just pure coincidence. I'm aware of that. But it just really got my attention for that reason, when I first saw it.

**Shameless plug alert**

http://www.icethetics.co/concepts/2014/1/4/0687-dc-in-winter.html#comments-outer-wrapper=

I think your selling yourself short there. Your version is about 100 times better than what was unveiled today

Sarcasm?

Anyhow, I know that it's likely just pure coincidence. I'm aware of that. But it just really got my attention for that reason, when I first saw it.

Not at all. Your version looks infinitely better than what was released today, really.

I really like and dislike the Caps new jersey and I can't place my finger on why. :P

The pants logo looks better than the main crest but both are passable. (Better as shoulder patches though.)

I understand why the Capitals have gone back to Red, White and Blue but must their logos be so simplistic? With great marks in their history like the "Weagle," and "The Screaming Eagle" its a shame all their post 2007 jerseys are constrained to bland word marks and letters.

While either of those logos would look interesting on a jersey, this jersey just isn't it. It's too modern for the style that they decided to go with.

I was really hoping the Capitals were going to use their red throwbacks but, this jersey turned out to be pretty good. For the whole purpose of the Winter Classic, it works. I like it, but I don't love it. I have to tip my cap to them. They managed to create something new while tying in the history of the team and hockey in DC. It isn't the best jersey in the world but for the Winter Classic, it will look good on the ice alongside Chicago's jersey, which I believe it will end up being quite nice. I have a feeling that we could see a red vs. black game. Odds are that it won't happen, especially after all the hype for the big Red vs. Blue game between Toronto and Detroit, but, if there was a time to bring back the 1991 Blackhawks throwback jersey, in my opinion, now's the perfect time.

ByOyQkjIIAIPfWU.png

**Shameless plug alert**

I hope you realize that your concept is basically the Carolina Hurricanes red jersey with the Weagle on it, right? Considering the hate people have for the Lightning and their jerseys, I can't give your concept a pass. What the Caps actually released looked pretty good. But I hope their jersey doesn't start a vintage red trend like with vintage white.

Archived