2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Any guesses on next year's classic? It's gooooooooooooooootta be St. Louis.

St. Louis and Dallas could be interesting.

Really because I think Minneapolis is the next stop. and for a kick be against dallas so both get to wear North jersey. Or they will have a stadium series on hockey day.

I don't know if the current Minnesota franchise has the legal rights to wear any North Stars apparel. Or did the city retrieve them in a lawsuit before the 1st Minnesota NHL franchise relocated to Dallas?

By the way, a Dallas-St. Louis Winter Classic can only happen in Texas if looney-head Jerry Jones gets his way to have another event at his calvacade of a megastadia palace.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

M4One....I'm pretty sure those jerseys are the standard red and blue that is used in the primary jerseys as well. I don't know if anyone can confirm this...but I'm guessing someone can clear that up.

Looks darker to me and in the Caps' description, they used the term vintage red. http://capitalstoday.monumentalnetwork.com/2014/09/23/capitals-unveil-uniform-for-2015-bridgestone-nhl-winter-classic So if it's the same, than it's kinda of ridiculous of them to bring out "vintage" just because it's the Winter Classic.

Any guesses on next year's classic? It's gooooooooooooooootta be St. Louis.

St. Louis and Dallas could be interesting.

Ohio Stadium would be cool, but I'm not sure if the Blue Jackets have the following for it just yet. Elsewhere, I think Coors Field would make sense, assuming it isn't included in this season's Stadium Series. Although if they wanted to go a bit outside the box, I think Folsom Field could be awesome.

ColoradoFootball.jpg

90758391980.gif

M4One....I'm pretty sure those jerseys are the standard red and blue that is used in the primary jerseys as well. I don't know if anyone can confirm this...but I'm guessing someone can clear that up.

Looks darker to me and in the Caps' description, they used the term vintage red. http://capitalstoday.monumentalnetwork.com/2014/09/23/capitals-unveil-uniform-for-2015-bridgestone-nhl-winter-classic So if it's the same, than it's kinda of ridiculous of them to bring out "vintage" just because it's the Winter Classic.

no, the red is darker than their standard red, and the blue is the same

the stars are the owners of the north stars marks... they will never let the wild wear them.

sorta like how the ravens will never wear colts jerseys.

For some reason I thought the North Stars and other defunct teams' logos belonged to the NHL? I don't see any North Stars merchandise on the Stars website, but it's on NHL.com? Does anyone know who owns those logos?

ALykGdZ.png

The NHL owns the Nordiques' IP and had owned the Jets' before giving it to TNSE upon their purchase of the Thrashers. Atlanta Spirit still owns all things Thrashers, which makes the "your franchise's best player is Kovalchuk DEAL WITH IT!" asswipes not only asswipes but half-wrong, too. The State of Connecticut had previously owned the Hartford Whalers' IP but I believe the NHL got it back a year or two ago; the Hurricanes never had it to begin with (though they did insist upon taking Hartford's cool goal horn with them). The Dallas Stars never abandoned any of their trademarks before being hustled out of town by an imbecilic sex fiend. I believe the Devils own all things Scouts and Hockey-Rockies but prefer to disavow their existence. Any old-timey defunct teams appear to belong to the league.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

One of the dumber theories that made the rounds here was that the Knox family retained the rights to the classic Buffalo Sabres logo (a/k/a the Morgo-killer) upon the team's sale to Adelphia, thus the advent of Goat Head and that any further use of it would have to include extraneous floating silver outlines. Yeah, as if that would circumvent a copyright.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This is a random question, but would it be wrong for me to buy a blank version of the Penguins' new alternate jerseys? I hate the current team and Sidney Crybaby, but Mario Lemieux is one of my favorite players of all time. And the jersey itself is a thing of beauty.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

This is a random question, but would it be wrong for me to buy a blank version of the Penguins' new alternate jerseys? I hate the current team and Sidney Crybaby, but Mario Lemieux is one of my favorite players of all time. And the jersey itself is a thing of beauty.

Why would it be wrong? And why do you need our approval?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Would love to see the logo crest of the Capitals in full view.. but as for the jersey look, I wonder where the Caps took that kind of idea from?? Cant place where i saw that sleeve look and shoulder look before...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

the stars are the owners of the north stars marks... they will never let the wild wear them.

sorta like how the ravens will never wear colts jerseys.

For some reason I thought the North Stars and other defunct teams' logos belonged to the NHL? I don't see any North Stars merchandise on the Stars website, but it's on NHL.com? Does anyone know who owns those logos?

The Thrashers will never wear the.... Nevermind.

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure the Stars would own the rights because they continued on the name, much the same as the Flames with Atlanta. The Atlanta logo is used by the Flames (for two different purposes) so I'd have to think they own the rights?

untitled-6.jpg

no, the red is darker than their standard red, and the blue is the same

Ya it's actually much darker after seeing a side by side. Probably a little unnecessary. The brighter red would probably help the blue pop a little more on the logo and the stars. But that's just a thought. Overall, decent jersey.

Archived