2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Can't we all just rejoice in the fact that while the red is vintage, the white isn't?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love to see the logo crest of the Capitals in full view.. but as for the jersey look, I wonder where the Caps took that kind of idea from?? Cant place where i saw that sleeve look and shoulder look before...

Here it is:

NHLWinterClassic2015_WASPMK0101a_2015_SC

As a tease, here are a couple of color-optimized primary marks:

NHLWinterClassic2015_PMK0100a_2015_SCC_S

NHLWinterClassic2015_PMK0101a_2015_SCC_S

NHLWinterClassic2015_PMK0102a_2015_SCC_S

There are many, many other marks in this package - branded, broadcast, icons, badges (roundels), secondary marks, wordmarks...like every season, the NHL goes all out for these things. I've been working on a number of other seasons' packages as well.

M4One....I'm pretty sure those jerseys are the standard red and blue that is used in the primary jerseys as well. I don't know if anyone can confirm this...but I'm guessing someone can clear that up.

Looks darker to me and in the Caps' description, they used the term vintage red. http://capitalstoday.monumentalnetwork.com/2014/09/23/capitals-unveil-uniform-for-2015-bridgestone-nhl-winter-classic So if it's the same, than it's kinda of ridiculous of them to bring out "vintage" just because it's the Winter Classic.

no, the red is darker than their standard red, and the blue is the same

Ya it's actually much darker after seeing a side by side. Probably a little unnecessary. The brighter red would probably help the blue pop a little more on the logo and the stars. But that's just a thought. Overall, decent jersey.

The Style Guide is calling these colors "Deep Garnet and Navy".

The Ducks own the Mighty Ducks though. Probably because it was just a rebranding, not a full relocation.

Was it folklore that Disney retained rights to the Mighty Ducks name and logos, and sale was contingent upon them changing the name within a year?

I believe so. The change was made by the Ducks current owners and Brian Burke. It would just be like a team changing ownership, there wouldn't have to be a change in logo.

I think that because Disney was a company that started and owned the Mighty Ducks, that's where the thought that Disney still owns the Mighty Ducks brand. But it's just like any other team changing ownership, the brand is transferred over to the new owners.

IEI5Tg1.png

ByOyQkjIIAIPfWU.png

**Shameless plug alert**

Did they really take inspiration from my concept I made a while ago??

http://www.icethetics.co/concepts/2014/1/4/0687-dc-in-winter.html#comments-outer-wrapper=

0104-brianbrideau-wsh.png

I hope you realize that your concept is basically the Carolina Hurricanes red jersey with the Weagle on it, right? Considering the hate people have for the Lightning and their jerseys, I can't give your concept a pass. What the Caps actually released looked pretty good. But I hope their jersey doesn't start a vintage red trend like with vintage white.

I respect any opinion. But I don't consider my concept as a cheap fill-in because although it's inspired by something that exists, I made the necessary tweaks to do something I thinks works well for another team. It's not my most hustled concept, but I think it deserves minimal credibility.

And for further information, I actually messaged this concept to the Washington Capitals official Facebook page. I even received a reply, with them asking me whether it was an alternate or a home jersey concept.

ByOyQkjIIAIPfWU.png

**Shameless plug alert**

Did they really take inspiration from my concept I made a while ago??

http://www.icethetics.co/concepts/2014/1/4/0687-dc-in-winter.html#comments-outer-wrapper=

0104-brianbrideau-wsh.png

I hope you realize that your concept is basically the Carolina Hurricanes red jersey with the Weagle on it, right? Considering the hate people have for the Lightning and their jerseys, I can't give your concept a pass. What the Caps actually released looked pretty good. But I hope their jersey doesn't start a vintage red trend like with vintage white.

I respect any opinion. But I don't consider my concept as a cheap fill-in because although it's inspired by something that exists, I made the necessary tweaks to do something I thinks works well for another team. It's not my most hustled concept, but I think it deserves minimal credibility.

And for further information, I actually messaged this concept to the Washington Capitals official Facebook page. I even received a reply, with them asking me whether it was an alternate or a home jersey concept.

The fact that the Capitals messaged you back is pretty amazing. That's quite a feat you should be proud of. I think that if you ditched the 'WASHINGTON' on it, made the Weagle regular sized and switched the colour to blue, and a Navy Blue shoulder yoke, that would be third jersey material.

Thanks. Definitely.

I do that from time to time, whenever one of my concepts comes out well. I made one for the Hurricanes recently, with a new warning stripe at the waist. I'll send it to them as well. Who knows what will happen. :P

I like your concept so what if the striping is similar to Carolina's, as was previously said. There is only so much one can do with single colored striping.

Thanks. Definitely.

I do that from time to time, whenever one of my concepts comes out well. I made one for the Hurricanes recently, with a new warning stripe at the waist. I'll send it to them as well. Who knows what will happen. :P

Can't wait to see it!

S. A. W. F. T. SSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWFT! HOW YOU DOIN'?

Thanks. Definitely.

Can't wait to see it!

Good. How you doin'?

I got some good new for you: it's already on the boards. You can check it out here... http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/98888-carolina-hurricanes-concept/

How you doin'?!!!

Sharks' outdoor sweaters to be worn more than once

SAN JOSE - The Washington Capitals revealed their sweaters for the Winter Classic on Tuesday, begging the question – when will the Sharks show what they’re sporting for their outdoor game at Levi’s Stadium on Feb. 21?

According to Sharks COO John Tortora, the club is continuing to work with the league on a timeline, so there’s no answer just yet. However, Tortora did pass along this nugget – the club is planning to wear the sweaters for more than the outdoor game against the Kings.

That means the jersey – likely to be predominantly teal, of course – could act as the Sharks’ third jersey moving forward. There is a precedent for this, as the Pittsburgh Penguins and Philadelphia Flyers both used their Winter Classic sweaters on a more full time basis after the original event.

The Sharks revealed earlier this summer that they would not be wearing their black sweaters anymore for the postseason, should they qualify.

Put another way, it looks like those black jerseys may (finally) be phased out permanently.

Thanks. Definitely.

Can't wait to see it!

Good. How you doin'?

I got some good new for you: it's already on the boards. You can check it out here... http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/98888-carolina-hurricanes-concept/

How you doin'?!!!

Badda Boom! Realest guy in the room!

The Ducks own the Mighty Ducks though. Probably because it was just a rebranding, not a full relocation.

Was it folklore that Disney retained rights to the Mighty Ducks name and logos, and sale was contingent upon them changing the name within a year?

I believe so. The change was made by the Ducks current owners and Brian Burke. It would just be like a team changing ownership, there wouldn't have to be a change in logo.

I think that because Disney was a company that started and owned the Mighty Ducks, that's where the thought that Disney still owns the Mighty Ducks brand. But it's just like any other team changing ownership, the brand is transferred over to the new owners.

We know Disney didn't retain the name and logos because the Ducks are still using the original "duck mask" logo. Seems simple enough to me.

We know Disney didn't retain the name and logos because the Ducks are still using the original "duck mask" logo. Seems simple enough to me.
I know that, you know that and I think most here know that, or at least understand. The general public doesn't though.

With an ownership change, I'm right to presume that the brand is exchanged as well, right? What I was trying to say is that Disney would have had to give the Mighty Ducks brand to the Samueli's, like any other ownership change. But since Disney is Disney, a lot of people feel that Disney was somehow able to keep the Mighty Ducks brand.

But it's no different then if the Mighty Ducks were owned by a guy who struck it rich in washing machines or whatever.

IEI5Tg1.png

Any guesses on next year's classic? It's gooooooooooooooootta be St. Louis.

St. Louis and Dallas could be interesting.

Ohio Stadium would be cool, but I'm not sure if the Blue Jackets have the following for it just yet. Elsewhere, I think Coors Field would make sense, assuming it isn't included in this season's Stadium Series. Although if they wanted to go a bit outside the box, I think Folsom Field could be awesome.

Give it a few years, then unleash this on the world:

osuwinterclassicupdatedcopy_zpsfe04d925.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Would love to see the logo crest of the Capitals in full view.. but as for the jersey look, I wonder where the Caps took that kind of idea from?? Cant place where i saw that sleeve look and shoulder look before...

Here it is:

NHLWinterClassic2015_WASPMK0101a_2015_SC

As a tease, here are a couple of color-optimized primary marks:

NHLWinterClassic2015_PMK0100a_2015_SCC_S

NHLWinterClassic2015_PMK0101a_2015_SCC_S

NHLWinterClassic2015_PMK0102a_2015_SCC_S

There are many, many other marks in this package - branded, broadcast, icons, badges (roundels), secondary marks, wordmarks...like every season, the NHL goes all out for these things. I've been working on a number of other seasons' packages as well.

M4One....I'm pretty sure those jerseys are the standard red and blue that is used in the primary jerseys as well. I don't know if anyone can confirm this...but I'm guessing someone can clear that up.

Looks darker to me and in the Caps' description, they used the term vintage red. http://capitalstoday.monumentalnetwork.com/2014/09/23/capitals-unveil-uniform-for-2015-bridgestone-nhl-winter-classic So if it's the same, than it's kinda of ridiculous of them to bring out "vintage" just because it's the Winter Classic.

no, the red is darker than their standard red, and the blue is the same

Ya it's actually much darker after seeing a side by side. Probably a little unnecessary. The brighter red would probably help the blue pop a little more on the logo and the stars. But that's just a thought. Overall, decent jersey.

The Style Guide is calling these colors "Deep Garnet and Navy".

Thanks... wanted to see the full crest... plus the cool Winter Classic logos.. nice!

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Archived