2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

**Shameless plug alert**

Did they really take inspiration from my concept I made a while ago??

http://www.icethetics.co/concepts/2014/1/4/0687-dc-in-winter.html#comments-outer-wrapper=

0104-brianbrideau-wsh.png

I think your selling yourself short there. Your version is about 100 times better than what was unveiled today

Sarcasm?

Anyhow, I know that it's likely just pure coincidence. I'm aware of that. But it just really got my attention for that reason, when I first saw it.

Not at all. Your version looks infinitely better than what was released today, really.

Really, nah.

If nothing else for the fact that the Weagle is a poor logo.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

**Shameless plug alert**

Did they really take inspiration from my concept I made a while ago??

http://www.icethetics.co/concepts/2014/1/4/0687-dc-in-winter.html#comments-outer-wrapper=

0104-brianbrideau-wsh.png

I think your selling yourself short there. Your version is about 100 times better than what was unveiled today

Sarcasm?

Anyhow, I know that it's likely just pure coincidence. I'm aware of that. But it just really got my attention for that reason, when I first saw it.

Not at all. Your version looks infinitely better than what was released today, really.

Really, nah.

If nothing else for the fact that the Weagle is a poor logo.A classy, subtle, clever logo is bad, but an awkward, cartoony, advertisement straight out of the 90's isn't?

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

Why do so many people hate the Weagle? I think it's splendid, especially next to a terrible update of a terrible logo that was never much of a logo in the first place, just some Eurostile skewed the wrong way.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

http://twitter.com/TBLightning/status/515155862013243392/photo/1

No idea how to pull the picture from there, but new tease for Lightning thirds.

Judging by the shoulder yoke, looks like it's not a recoloring of their BOLTS jersey after all, but it might be really similar though
When are the uniforms going to be unveiled?

27th I believe

Yeah, they just confirmed it on Facebook. There's a Fanfest and they'll unveil it there.

Something about the Stars and Stripes ring on the new Winter Classic logo is bothering me. Is it the aspect of the stars? Does the circle connect behind the letters? Are they supposed to connect even? I like the thought out the logo, but that part is bugging me for some reason.

Why do so many people hate the Weagle? I think it's splendid, especially next to a terrible update of a terrible logo that was never much of a logo in the first place, just some Eurostile skewed the wrong way.

In not that people hate the logo, they just don't believe it works as a primary. It should stay a secondary as thats what it was made for. I've seen concepts with Mr. Weagle on the front and I'm not a fan.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

Judging by the shoulder yoke, looks like it's not a recoloring of their BOLTS jersey after all, but it might be really similar though

Judging by that picture, looks like it will be really...reeeallyy similar to the LA Kings home jersey!

Judging by that picture, looks like it will be really...reeeallyy similar to the LA Kings home jersey!

A black and white jersey using their primary logo would look sharp in my opinion, but it looks like it has blue in it.

A black and white jersey using their primary logo would look sharp in my opinion, but it looks like it has blue in it.

We know the collar is blue. So where else will it be used?

We know the collar is blue. So where else will it be used?

Outlining the crests?

In not that people hate the logo, they just don't believe it works as a primary. It should stay a secondary as thats what it was made for. I've seen concepts with Mr. Weagle on the front and I'm not a fan.

And the craptastic wordmark is? C'mon, let's be honest here. The Weagle on its own is better than a good deal of other teams' primaries.
Midway.png

I hope that Chicago decides to break out a black and white look for this Winter Classic.

Blackhawks01.png

And as far as a potential Dallas-Minnesota outdoor game goes, even though the Wild aren't allowed to wear North Stars gear I'm sure that they would wear some sort of North Stars-inspired fauxback.

I hope that Chicago decides to break out a black and white look for this Winter Classic.

Blackhawks01.png

And as far as a potential Dallas-Minnesota outdoor game goes, even though the Wild aren't allowed to wear North Stars gear I'm sure that they would wear some sort of North Stars-inspired fauxback.

roenick-75th-jersey-600.jpg

This is what I'm hoping for. This would look fantastic alongside Washington's fauxback. Credit to the user 'Hockey Week' for this photo on p.24 of this thread. I have a feeling that a Minnesota/Dallas Winter Classic won't happen because of the branding issues between the cities. If Minnesota is in an upcoming Winter Classic, it should be against St. Louis.

Yeeeerrrrp.

It's a bit like the Canucks Rink n Stick logo...its fine as a shoulder logo IMO, but keep it off the chest. The Weagle logo just looks awkward to me. Those two little pointy bits at the bottom just to mimic the shape of the building...ugh

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived