2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

I hope that Chicago decides to break out a black and white look for this Winter Classic.

Blackhawks01.png

And as far as a potential Dallas-Minnesota outdoor game goes, even though the Wild aren't allowed to wear North Stars gear I'm sure that they would wear some sort of North Stars-inspired fauxback.

I've been telling everyone I know that I want Chicago in that sweater, my only fear is they wear it and make it vintage white.

untitled-6.jpg

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do so many people hate the Weagle? I think it's splendid, especially next to a terrible update of a terrible logo that was never much of a logo in the first place, just some Eurostile skewed the wrong way.

In not that people hate the logo, they just don't believe it works as a primary. It should stay a secondary as thats what it was made for. I've seen concepts with Mr. Weagle on the front and I'm not a fan.

And the craptastic wordmark is? C'mon, let's be honest here. The Weagle on its own is better than a good deal of other teams' primaries.

It gets a pass because it's a update to the classic wordmark. I personally loved the Bronze, Blue and Gold Eagle logo. In fact, I miss that set of uniforms very much.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

Why do so many people hate the Weagle? I think it's splendid, especially next to a terrible update of a terrible logo that was never much of a logo in the first place, just some Eurostile skewed the wrong way.

In not that people hate the logo, they just don't believe it works as a primary. It should stay a secondary as thats what it was made for. I've seen concepts with Mr. Weagle on the front and I'm not a fan.

And the craptastic wordmark is? C'mon, let's be honest here. The Weagle on its own is better than a good deal of other teams' primaries.

It gets a pass because it's a update to the classic wordmark. I personally loved the Bronze, Blue and Gold Eagle logo. In fact, I miss that set of uniforms very much.

Old does not always equal classic. A bad logo is a bad logo and the update did nothing to rectify it's many shortcomings. The weagle on the other hand would make a fantastic primary logo. Dare I say even better than the 'screaming eagle' from the 90's.

I hope that Chicago decides to break out a black and white look for this Winter Classic.

Blackhawks01.png

And as far as a potential Dallas-Minnesota outdoor game goes, even though the Wild aren't allowed to wear North Stars gear I'm sure that they would wear some sort of North Stars-inspired fauxback.

I wouldn't mind this at all, but the logo at the Caps unveiling was in colour, so I doubt this will be the case, unless they go with a faux-back and combine this look with the colour logo.

http://twitter.com/TBLightning/status/515155862013243392/photo/1

No idea how to pull the picture from there, but new tease for Lightning thirds.

Judging by the shoulder yoke, looks like it's not a recoloring of their BOLTS jersey after all, but it might be really similar though

Judging by that picture, looks like it will be really...reeeallyy similar to the LA Kings home jersey!

A black and white jersey using their primary logo would look sharp in my opinion, but it looks like it has blue in it.

We know the collar is blue. So where else will it be used?

Outlining the crests?

Number outlines, for sure.

SigReflect.png

I was at the preseason game last night and they played that on the jumbotron. I almost jumped out of my chair in disgust......they got me.

Something I did see, though.....in the team store, they were selling player t-shirts that I haven't seen before. They were black, with the road crest logo on them. The road crest and number on the back were both outlined in blue. I turned to my wife and said, "That's the 3rd jersey, right there. There's no way that's not gonna be what it looks like."

We're going to Fan Fest, so we'll see at 11:45 this morning....

SigReflect.png

I was at the preseason game last night and they played that on the jumbotron. I almost jumped out of my chair in disgust......they got me.

Something I did see, though.....in the team store, they were selling player t-shirts that I haven't seen before. They were black, with the road crest logo on them. The road crest and number on the back were both outlined in blue. I turned to my wife and said, "That's the 3rd jersey, right there. There's no way that's not gonna be what it looks like."

We're going to Fan Fest, so we'll see at 11:45 this morning....

Sounds about right based on teases we've seen so far..

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I like the pants. I like the socks. The jersey has almost no blue, though.

If they want to be the Leafs or the Red Wings, then they shouldn't completely ditch their "white & _______" color for a black third jersey.

Edit: And bonus points to the genius who decided to put the blue number outline right next to the black jersey material... you can't see it more than two feet away.

Archived