2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good lord? I thought the previous thirds sucked. These ones make those old thirds look awesome. At least for the old ones that cool electric blue was pretty nice. Now they get rid of that and go to generic black jerseys retaining the crappy "Bolts" wordmark on the front? Yeah get rid of the one thing that made the previous thirds somewhat tolerable and make it worse.

What the hell? Worst new jerseys of this season.

Nope I don't like it. Nope Nope Nope Nope!

tumblr_mdinf8SpzB1qksov3.gif

The Catch of the Day!

So they trash everything good about their third jersey and keep the one element everyone wanted to see go... Makes sense to me. Like the 2011 rebrand, it's hard to imagine SME spending more than 5 minutes "designing" this bland, uninspired piece of trash.

"The Kings won the Stanley Cup... Maybe if we design a jersey exactly like they're cup winning togs, we'll have some success"

"What should we do for the logos?"

"Lunch is in 5 minutes, we'll just use the "Bolts" script from the last jersey everyone liked so much"

"And for the shoulders?"

"I think we have some extra patches from our main set lying around here, lets use those. Who cares if they fit"

"Brilliant! Early lunch?"

I hope that Chicago decides to break out a black and white look for this Winter Classic.

Blackhawks01.png

And as far as a potential Dallas-Minnesota outdoor game goes, even though the Wild aren't allowed to wear North Stars gear I'm sure that they would wear some sort of North Stars-inspired fauxback.

roenick-75th-jersey-600.jpg

This is what I'm hoping for. This would look fantastic alongside Washington's fauxback. Credit to the user 'Hockey Week' for this photo on p.24 of this thread. I have a feeling that a Minnesota/Dallas Winter Classic won't happen because of the branding issues between the cities. If Minnesota is in an upcoming Winter Classic, it should be against St. Louis.

I really don't understand all the love for that jersey. The striping is gaudy and has absolutely no rhyme or reason to it. I think it's by far the worst uniform the Hawks have ever worn.

Interesting to see two small-ish tweaks to the new Lightning third from the design I had seen labeled "final". On ice it looked nice, but much like the last black jersey the team had the black and blue are easily muddled if not under the bright arena lights.

I think everyone's summed up my feelings already regarding Leafs/Wings getting a Kings alt, the lack of black on the blues turn into a lack of blue on the blacks, and keeping the stupidity of the BOLTS wordmark around when all that original third jersey needed was that removed and some of the piping taken off as well.

I guess we were destined to a dud among the hot streak of good uniforms coming out this season.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Archived