2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish they would make their thirds a full time home. I love that leaping coyote. I think its a much nicer logo than the coyote head.

The full coyote is a nice logo, but the uniforms are quite atrocious. EDGE template 2.0 fill in the blank.

I don't like the full body coyote. It looks dead.

For as much as the Phoenix Coyotes operation irks me I think they got it mostly right with their uniforms. They, at the very least, look good on the ice.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Great news! Please be the black inaugural jersey

What else could it be? You really think they'll bring their pre-edge set ?

The white version or the hunter green alternate.

It's gonna be a home game, so technically it will be a dark uniform. And since it's a retro of their original year, it can't be the green one. Just like Anaheim did, i would've been weird to honor their first year by wearing their alternate from the early 2000's or their black one from 2003-2006

They really just needed to lose the green shoulders; those never made any sense to me.

I'd love to see the Picassoyote jerseys/logo in the current colors.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

All 90's expansion teams, with the exception of maybe Nashville, should go back to their original uniforms.

Yep. Nashville included.

Oh dear lord NO! Nashville's originials and any including silver, were some of the worst excuses for uniforms. It was so bad that I would not watch games with Nashville involved. Blue, yellow, and silver is how you fail with an identity. Are you listening Buffalo?

Speaking of Nashville, I'm glad that they wear yellow full time and have an identity in the NHL. I think their current set is so far their best set but you know what, I have always wondered why Nashville retired their last third jersey. I thought it was an awesome jersey. I tip my hat to them for not switching to that and the white version, (even though I still think that unused white jersey would have been a really nice road jersey) in favor of owning a look with yellow but I actually really wanted to see Nashville pull a rabbit out of the hat and have that jersey be the home jersey with a yellow road jersey. I'll keep dreaming. hahaha

I'm a big fan of this look in small doses

tkachuk2.jpg

Tone things down a bit and modernize the Picassoyote, and that's a fantastic full-time look.

That was such a funky look. I love it because it reminds me of Super Mario, not to be confused with Mario Lemieux. :P The Coyotes current set is decent but I like how funky and out of the box this look was. It would be an awesome third jersey. I know there are people that like their current third but I think this would be a step up from that.

the more i see all the options, the head-only logo of the picasoyote is absolutely the right choice for that team. it's simple. iconic. dynamic. interesting. if i didn't hate that team, i'd buy a tshirt or jersey with that logo on it.

Yeah, you nailed it with "simple, dynamic, iconic, interesting." The yawning coyote could be from anywhere; this one is distinctly Southwestern.

Can't totally get on board with the pattern you proposed, though. Looks a little like a poncho (Mexican or Sears). I'd just use the old template in the new colors.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah, you nailed it with "simple, dynamic, iconic, interesting." The yawning coyote could be from anywhere; this one is distinctly Southwestern.

Can't totally get on board with the pattern you proposed, though. Looks a little like a poncho (Mexican or Sears). I'd just use the old template in the new colors.

I saw what you did there with that sly Zappa reference...well played sir...

I can haz sig?

Hey, I just saw a picture of the old Panthers jerseys and I remember hearing something about the Panthers planning to wear a throwback jersey themselves for their 20th Anniversary but the NHL didn't allow them to do so. I was wondering, since we have now heard the Coyotes will wear a throwback next year, does anyone know if the Panthers will bring out a throwback next year as well?

Hey, I just saw a picture of the old Panthers jerseys and I remember hearing something about the Panthers planning to wear a throwback jersey themselves for their 20th Anniversary but the NHL didn't allow them to do so. I was wondering, since we have now heard the Coyotes will wear a throwback next year, does anyone know if the Panthers will bring out a throwback next year as well?

Since their throwback night is already done, i doubt. But who knows, that might be great ! Hope they could bring it back as a full time set along with a white one

Archived