2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly don't think they're THAT bad. Don't get me wrong, they're not good, but they're not as bad as y'all are making them out to be.

If the Kings had a different jersey, would there still be as much negative response?

For me, yes. The Kings don't enter into it at all. For a team that just rebranded itself as blue/white, they shouldn't be ditching blue like they just did.

My thing is...Stevie Y wants a traditional look but plasters a dumb nickname on the front of a piping-laden jersey. It doesn't get much more non-traditional than that (yes, I know it's an alternate).

So, this upcoming season, the top 5 worst uniforms in the league are:

1. Buffalo Sabres alternate

2. Tampa Bay Lightning alternate

3. Ottawa Senators away*

4. Pittsburgh Penguins away*

5. Colorado Avalanche away*

The home's are just as bad, but at least they have color.

sig.png

My thing is...Stevie Y wants a traditional look but plasters a dumb nickname on the front of a piping-laden jersey. It doesn't get much more non-traditional than that (yes, I know it's an alternate).

Piping? My understanding may be different but I see none.

3. Ottawa Senators away*

I'd say the Avalanche will look much worse than either Pittsburgh or Ottawa.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

yeah... eugh... Bland, no inspiration and looks like a rec league sweater

ThirdJerseyCutoutsWeb_Front__85245.14118

(Pic from a online store linked by the Lightning twitter account)

bf403a904ab0156c7c8bdbaec1cf37f6.jpg

I could not have been more disappointed than I was the moment of the unveiling. I stood and gave a rousing BOOOOOOOOOOOO with double thumbs down. Everyone around me was like, "what's wrong? we love the black!" I basically threw my camera to the ground, not subject my lens to the display of terrible that was in front of me. ;)

The worst part of the previous alt was the BOLTS and that's the only element that they decided to keep around for the new alt. Un-effing-believable.

At least Ottawa listened to their fans when they revolted against the SENS jersey. Us? We just keep slapping it all over everything, because someone has NO idea what the fans want to see. It's the same thing that happened when the fans revolted against the new logo, and the lack of black....anywhere. The fans went crazy, wanting black. So, in a total panic move, the team put random black outlines on the numbers. "You want black? There. Black." Today's alternate unveil felt very similar. It's like the team thought we wanted black for black sake, so they just plastered it onto the BOLTS jersey, not realizing that we hate the BOLTS jersey because it says BOLTS on it, not because it's blue.

I hope nothing important happens or no clinching of any kind happens on Saturday night games. To have photos of this piece of crap, cemented in our memories will be hard to swallow. (and embarrassing)

SigReflect.png

Tampa's alt is one huge piece of steaming disappointment. It's not the lack of blue; that's part of being an alternate jersey. It's because the design is uninspired and more or less a Kings ripoff. It's not baseball or basketball; the logo should be on the front of the jersey, not a word mark that isn't even the proper name of the team or city. Whoever gave the okay for these at the team and league should be fired.

That's the thing a lot of you are forgetting, or just choosing not to acknowledge: yes, the Lightning are a "blue" team now, but it's just an alternate. Albeit, yes, the home and away are equally uninspired but would you rather see phoney O6 dress-up or radical Reebok Edge crap?

As a whole the uniform looks Okay. Just Okay.

As unpopular as Tampa Bay's current primary logo is, I quite like its application on a black background, and would've liked to see that here instead of them recycling the Bolts script.

I love their current primary, and yes it would look great on black too. These aren't horrible but they're not great either.

3. Ottawa Senators away*

I'm pretty sure the Sabres alt is done.

3. Ottawa Senators away*

I'm pretty sure the Sabres alt is done.

I'm pretty sure they have to wear it for at least one more season. Don't see it lasting past that though.

It is hidden inside a slide show, so I can't post the picture, but look closely at the secondary logo in the shoulder. Instead of "Hockey Club" it says "Established 1992".

20110910_Stamkos_Third_Jersey_42_slide.j

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Archived