2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

It is hidden inside a slide show, so I can't post the picture, but look closely at the secondary logo in the shoulder. Instead of "Hockey Club" it says "Established 1992".

20110910_Stamkos_Third_Jersey_42_slide.j

How clever :rolleyes:

Isn't one of the biggest complaints about that secondary logo that they don't "trust their market" and have to state that they play hockey?

So, when they change that, it gets an eye roll?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is hidden inside a slide show, so I can't post the picture, but look closely at the secondary logo in the shoulder. Instead of "Hockey Club" it says "Established 1992".

Isn't one of the biggest complaints about that secondary logo that they don't "trust their market" and have to state that they play hockey?

i don't think that's an actual complaint, just a ridiculous comment made by one person.

i don't think that's an actual complaint, just a ridiculous comment made by one person.

What, I'm supposed to be impressed because they replaced "Hockey Club" with "Established in 1992?" How about creating a real secondary logo for your alternate instead of shoehorning a logo that clearly doesn't belong? The uniform is primarily black & white, yet the shoulder logo is an exact copy from the main set which features little to no black... That is lazy design right there and it'll take more than arbitrarily replacing some text to hide that...

And no, the biggest complaint about their secondary logo is not that they "don't trust their market," it's that the logo, along with their entire current identity (newly augmented by todays atrocious unveiling), flat out sucks.

Is that yellow stitching on the white stripe?!

I see it too. But it's certainly just an optical illustion. ;)

What, I'm supposed to be impressed because they replaced "Hockey Club" with "Established in 1992?" How about creating a real secondary logo for your alternate instead of shoehorning a logo that clearly doesn't belong? The uniform is primarily black & white, yet the shoulder logo is an exact copy from the main set which features little to no black... That is lazy design right there and it'll take more than arbitrarily replacing some text to hide that...

And no, the biggest complaint about their secondary logo is not that they "don't trust their market," it's that the logo, along with their entire current identity (newly augmented by todays atrocious unveiling), flat out sucks.

It's just hard to take this seriously with the love you've professed for the terrible Vancouver marks.

Interesting detail regarding authentic jerseys I learned today...these might not be Indonesian made for the retail market! The team store was taking pre-orders and one of the features listed was "made in Canada". Has anyone seen a retail authentic of the new Anaheim or St. Louis jerseys yet? I wonder if just possibly there is a switch, it would be most apparent with new styles that weren't around for the Indo-Edge era.

I like the blue bolt outlined in white on the black pants.

...and that's about it.

I'll second this and add that at least they went with black instead of a second blue jersey again.

Hopefully this eventually leads to them going back to black full-time. Just not in that jersey.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

There needs to be more outrage that they continue to use BOLTS on a jersey. You're the Lightning. Let the fans call you the Bolts, but don't put an unofficial nickname on an official uniform.

You don't see the Cleveland Indians wearing Tribe jerseys.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I like the blue bolt outlined in white on the black pants.

...and that's about it.

I think the pants and socks both have a good balance of black/white/blue. Then it just falls apart on the jersey.

There needs to be more outrage that they continue to use BOLTS on a jersey. You're the Lightning. Let the fans call you the Bolts, but don't put an unofficial nickname on an official uniform.

You don't see the Cleveland Indians wearing Tribe jerseys.

I agree with this 100%. My main point was that, IMO, these look better than the last installment of "BOLTS" jerseys. To me, the old ones were cluttered and messy; too many stripes and that "Tampa Bay" tramp stamp. Not a good look. At least this one is cleaner.

Can we just call the Lighning the "NHL team whose aesthetic department rips-off other teams?" I mean, they already stole the Leafs colors for home/away, and have stolen the Kings' black template for the alternates. Which team will Tampa steal ideas from next?

That smells like a new Concepts thread

Can we just call the Lighning the "NHL team whose aesthetic department rips-off other teams?" I mean, they already stole the Leafs colors for home/away, and have stolen the Kings' black template for the alternates. Which team will Tampa steal ideas from next?

Maybe they'll produce a red jersey with a Seminole tribesman's face on it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived