2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

I think adding the black actually draws more attention to the blue.

7Gm7YdC.jpg

This would be a very respectable look. Maybe just add a bit of black to the collar for uniformity.

I'm probably one of the few people who has no problems whatsoever with their home/road jerseys, but I will say that this would have been a good look and would have solved all their headaches regarding copying this team or that team. In some ways, it would be taking their original look and flipping the colours around. I would still use their current logo, though. On a side note, even though it's been only a couple of years, I've forgotten what the Lightnings' 1st edge jerseys were or about the Sens nickname alt. Just goes to say how bad the edge redesign was.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think adding the black actually draws more attention to the blue.

7Gm7YdC.jpg

Like others have said, that would be an awesome looking home jersey that would please over 90% of everybody.

Here's the issue though. How would you design a matching road without having the blue bleed into the black arm stripes?

This looks awful. Looks nearly all-black from a distance...

kubina-puck-DL.jpg

This looks a bit better. But the blue still barely pops, unless the player is raising his arms...

Tampa+Bay+Lightning+v+Ottawa+Senators+Iq

So how would that be fixed?

I think for blue and black to work together you have to use a brighter blue. A couple shades up from the Detroit Lions is the most you can go. Any darker than that and that blue is getting lose on that black.

PvO6ZWJ.png

As many of you have already said, the Lightning reveal is EXTREMELY disappointing.

I just watched a video of a "fake" uniform unveiling they tricked players with as a joke on NHL.com, it had palm trees on it (a black jersey with blue and white palm tree stylized striping) and overall the color balance looked wayyyyy better than what they unveiled, which are a total joke. Eliminate the palm trees (or put a small one on the end of each sleeve or something) and you have a nice update of the Cup era jerseys. The number outlining on the "fake" one at least had the blue and silver flipped, creating a much better look compared to the ones that they just debuted, where the blue gets completely lost in the black

Honestly who designs these? They somehow made the home and road jerseys look desirable. And those suck.

They said they listened to fans who were asking for black jerseys, which is admirable, but considering the end result, they shouldnt have bothered.

Edit: looks like the "joke" third was mentioned a few pages back, just saw that.... but seriously it's better.

I just saw this fashion jersey at the the Blues' online shop and, since we're discussing the Lightning, couldn't help but to think this would be a pretty decent basis for a Lightning jersey.

BluesJersey_zps43235177.jpg

Anyone agree?

Better than their new alt's, but for home and away no chance, I prefer their current ones.

Like others have said, that would be an awesome looking home jersey that would please over 90% of everybody.

Here's the issue though. How would you design a matching road without having the blue bleed into the black arm stripes?

. . .

So how would that be fixed?

Thin white stripe between black inside stripes and blue outside cuff/hem stripes. You lose the perfect palette swap but it's worth it to avoid the bleed problem you mentioned.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I just saw this fashion jersey at the the Blues' online shop and, since we're discussing the Lightning, couldn't help but to think this would be a pretty decent basis for a Lightning jersey.

Anyone agree?

So, like THESE?

ScreenShot2014-09-29at90315PM_zps1082e21

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Anyone agree?

So, like THESE?

ScreenShot2014-09-29at90315PM_zps1082e21

:lol:

What a moron, I am.

Anyway. I like the template of the Blues one better and I would change the lightning bolt to blue and outline it in white; I think that would look pretty decent.

Hey, yeah, pair the black pants and helmets with the blue jerseys and socks.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think for blue and black to work together you have to use a brighter blue. A couple shades up from the Detroit Lions is the most you can go. Any darker than that and that blue is getting lose on that black.

Absolutely. It's fitting that the Lightning should use electric blue. Black with royal blue has been tried before, but it just never works. Take the cup jerseys and swap the blue for electric - it instantly makes the jerseys more vibrant and solves the bleeding issue.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived