Chewbacca

2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

No offense, but this is a lateral move from "ripoff of another NHL team" to "generic team from a movie."

I can name at least two generic movie teams that have ripped off the Lightning before :P

"generic team from a movie."

This makes no sense. Please explain.

the Lightning logo in and of itself screams "generic movie team." That photoshop isnt at fault here.

Made this a couple months ago. I still think this would work as a suitable primary:

Image2-86.png

No offense, but this is a lateral move from "ripoff of another NHL team" to "generic team from a movie."

Eh-- by that logic, the Stars and the Wild have "generic movie looks" too, and those are both pretty good looks

Plus-- the black-blue-black helmet and pants combination give the lightning a truly unique color balance to own

That photoshop rendering is a huge improvement

Made this a couple months ago. I still think this would work as a suitable primary:

Image2-86.png

I like the yoke but thats about it.

thought ya'll might get a kick out of this from tonight's preseason finale...

By0sIeECUAALAP2.jpg

What an idiot why do people wear other teams jerseys to games they're not even playing.
Because people are free to do whatever they want as long as they don't harm anyone else.

You could wear a tutu and army helmet around town if you wanted to. That doesn't explain WHY you would do it.

In all seriousness, my theory is that maybe they're less sports savvy, and they figure they're going to a hockey game, so they'll wear their only hockey jersey, even if the team isn't playing.

Maybe he's more sports savvy. Maybe he's a huge hockey fan and loves the Maple Leafs and he got tickets to a Stars game while visiting family in Dallas. Hell, if I were somewhere like Boston and was going to a Bruins/Canadiens game, I most certainly would wear my Blues jersey because I'm a huge hockey fan and will support my home team wherever I am whether or not they're playing. It doesn't make him and idiot. Far from it, in fact.

Sorry for the back to back posting. Anyway don't get me wrong it's not a big deal, whatever rocks your boat. I just always thought those people looked silly.

NHL has press conference at 6 pm est. at Levi's for the stadium series game. Will we see Sharks/Kings stadium series jerseys??

Will be on NHL Network and NHL.Com

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=732719

I doubt it. Ducks/Kings had a preseason presser at Dodger Stadium without jerseys. Stadium jerseys weren't released until like late November or December.

By0sIeECUAALAP2.jpg

Ugh, yes, Dallas Stars, you're hip to the internets, we get it already. It's like the team is run by Chris Hardwick.

The guy who co-runs the Stars board is a guy who used to host a local Dallas sports radio show, I believe. The only reason I know this is because he's on reddit from time to time. I have no idea what kind of person he is or what his show's content was like.

What I do know is that this is something innocent and fun that doesn't really do anyone any harm. It's on the same level of annoying as the Kings and their awful Cartman bits - they annoy me because I hate the Kings, not because they're not fun in and of themselves.

I don't know if you get perturbed by this as some sort of hockey purist, or if you don't like silly things for the sake of them being silly, or if you are simply fulfilling your role as Forum Eternal Eye-Roller. Either way, for all your outstanding qualities as a poster, the derisiveness gets tiresome. If you don't like this because it's part of your bias against the Stars, then I totally understand and am simply missing the mark.

Then again, this is coming from one of this forum's most wearisome cynics and rooftop-shouters, so my opinion's weight is debatable.

NHL has press conference at 6 pm est. at Levi's for the stadium series game. Will we see Sharks/Kings stadium series jerseys??

I doubt it. The Kings and ducks jerseys weren't unveiled until December for last year's game which was in January. But you never know.

I can name at least two generic movie teams that have ripped off the Lightning before :P

51FWqO0gGrL._SY300_.jpg51OvRLlGEfL.jpg

Well it's a major hockey event involving the San Jose Sharks, so people will probably end up disappointed.

Ouch. But true....

The video they played talked about the rivalry starting with Kings vs Seals. Wonder if the jerseys will hint at yellow/purple kings vs Seals inspired jerseys for Sharks at all.

Bingo.

The video they played talked about the rivalry starting with Kings vs Seals. Wonder if the jerseys will hint at yellow/purple kings vs Seals inspired jerseys for Sharks at all.

Well, they'd better. Teal "Seals" versus purple Kings would look great. Just write "Sharks" in the style of the old Seals script. Those original green/blue/black ones did nothing for me, forget those. Teal and yellow is where it is at.

Bingo.

Since the first movie was probably made before the team's jerseys were unveiled, I think it's unlikely the movie copied the Lightning.

Yeah, the first film premiered on October 2nd, 1992, five days before the Lightning played their first regular season game. While I know neither the production timeframe of the movie nor the date of the Lightning's unveiling, it's highly likely that the film was in production before the Lightning unveiled them so I'd have to say no to that first one.

Who cares if the Lightning have similar uniforms to other teams. At least a third of the teams in the '80's had similar 3 stripe pattern, I'm sure if the CCSLC was around back then you guys would complain about that too. Things are bound to be similar, just happens.

Heck, the top two teams during the 80's had the sane exact colour scheme!

Who cares if the Lightning have similar uniforms to other teams. At least a third of the teams in the '80's had similar 3 stripe pattern, I'm sure if the CCSLC was around back then you guys would complain about that too. Things are bound to be similar, just happens.

I was complaining about stuff like this all the time in the '70s and '80s...the only difference is that back then, I couldn't find anyone who would listen.

By0sIeECUAALAP2.jpg

What an idiot why do people wear other teams jerseys to games they're not even playing.

A friend of mine has this "rule" that, if you look in the crowd of any hockey game, you will find at least one fan at said game wearing Maple Leafs merchandise.