2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thought ya'll might get a kick out of this from tonight's preseason finale...

By0sIeECUAALAP2.jpg

What an idiot why do people wear other teams jerseys to games they're not even playing.

A friend of mine has this "rule" that, if you look in the crowd of any hockey game, you will find at least one fan at said game wearing Maple Leafs merchandise.

Same thing with Yankee fans. You will see one Yankee hat at every sporting event...guaranteed.

thought ya'll might get a kick out of this from tonight's preseason finale...

By0sIeECUAALAP2.jpg

What an idiot why do people wear other teams jerseys to games they're not even playing.

A friend of mine has this "rule" that, if you look in the crowd of any hockey game, you will find at least one fan at said game wearing Maple Leafs merchandise.

Same thing with Yankee fans and people who wear flat bill caps for fashion. You will see one Yankee hat at every event...guaranteed.

fixed

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

I see some people have issues with people wearing random jerseys or caps to games. What's the big deal? If you buy a jersey, who says you can't do this or that to it? That's the person's call. If you go to a hockey game in say, London, England and you decide to throw on your Blackhawks jersey, what's the big deal? Why does it bother people? I'm pretty sure that there are bigger issues in today's world to be bothered by than the odd person who wears a Leafs jersey at a Stars vs. Lightning game in Dallas, or a guy wearing a Flames jersey to a game where they aren't even playing for that matter.

I see some people have issues with people wearing random jerseys or caps to games. What's the big deal? If you buy a jersey, who says you can't do this or that to it? That's the person's call. If you go to a hockey game in say, London, England and you decide to throw on your Blackhawks jersey, what's the big deal? Why does it bother people? I'm pretty sure that there are bigger issues in today's world to be bothered by than the odd person who wears a Leafs jersey at a Stars vs. Lightning game in Dallas, or a guy wearing a Flames jersey to a game where they aren't even playing for that matter.

Since when can people only be bothered by one thing at a time?

No offense, but this is a lateral move from "ripoff of another NHL team" to "generic team from a movie."

I can name at least two generic movie teams that have ripped off the Lightning before :P

51FWqO0gGrL._SY300_.jpg51OvRLlGEfL.jpg

Weird... I literally just got done watching the Mighty Ducks and was thinking the same thing throughout the movie.

No offense, but this is a lateral move from "ripoff of another NHL team" to "generic team from a movie."

I can name at least two generic movie teams that have ripped off the Lightning before :P

Weird... I literally just got done watching the Mighty Ducks and was thinking the same thing throughout the movie.

What is up with Hollywood depicting the "evil" team in sports films in black-and-white uniforms, anyway? The Hawks in "D1." Iceland in "D2." The Yankees in "Major League 1." The White Sox in "Major League 2."

Since when can people only be bothered by one thing at a time?
Okay, I think you get the point of his post.
Midway.png

What is up with Hollywood depicting the "evil" team in sports films in black-and-white uniforms, anyway? The Hawks in "D1." Iceland in "D2." The Yankees in "Major League 1." The White Sox in "Major League 2."

Bad guys wear black.

The video they played talked about the rivalry starting with Kings vs Seals. Wonder if the jerseys will hint at yellow/purple kings vs Seals inspired jerseys for Sharks at all.

Well, they'd better. Teal "Seals" versus purple Kings would look great. Just write "Sharks" in the style of the old Seals script. Those original green/blue/black ones did nothing for me, forget those. Teal and yellow is where it is at.

Well the Stadium Series isn't really based on heritage. It's just those crappy chromed out jerseys. I see the Sharks just donning some chromed out teal uni and the Kings something similar to last year.

sig.png

The video they played talked about the rivalry starting with Kings vs Seals. Wonder if the jerseys will hint at yellow/purple kings vs Seals inspired jerseys for Sharks at all.

Well, they'd better. Teal "Seals" versus purple Kings would look great. Just write "Sharks" in the style of the old Seals script. Those original green/blue/black ones did nothing for me, forget those. Teal and yellow is where it is at.

Well the Stadium Series isn't really based on heritage. It's just those crappy chromed out jerseys. I see the Sharks just donning some chromed out teal uni and the Kings something similar to last year.

I wouldn't be surprised if they chose to keep the grey uni from last year. Personally, i wouldn't mind, they were the best set (minus the Devils's one of course)

There are also bigger issues in today's world to be bothered by than people discussing a sports uniform related topic on a message board dedicated to sports branding.

Whats your point?

Bad guys wear black.
Actually, the Yankees wear navy. Nice try.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

There are also bigger issues in today's world to be bothered by than people discussing a sports uniform related topic on a message board dedicated to sports branding.

Whats your point?

I should have worded this better. Obviously this is the point of this entire site but my point is that complaining over what someone wears to a game is stupid. Big deal, some random guy shows up to a Stars and Lightning game wearing a Leafs jersey or some guy shows up to a game wearing a Flames jersey and they aren't even playing. People can wear what they want. I read that Jersey Foul thing and they are saying that a person can't slap RICHARD on the back of an old Habs jersey with a 9 on it because in Richard's era, they didn't have names on the back of their jerseys or because Marc-Andre Fleury didn't wear the late 70's Navy Blue jersey that someone can't have Fluery put on the back of their jersey. Really? Come on, that's a little much don't you think?

Whats your point?

I should have worded this better. Obviously this is the point of this entire site but my point is that complaining over what someone wears to a game is stupid. Big deal, some random guy shows up to a Stars and Lightning game wearing a Leafs jersey or some guy shows up to a game wearing a Flames jersey and they aren't even playing. People can wear what they want. I read that Jersey Foul thing and they are saying that a person can't slap RICHARD on the back of an old Habs jersey with a 9 on it because in Richard's era, they didn't have names on the back of their jerseys or because Marc-Andre Fleury didn't wear the late 70's Navy Blue jersey that someone can't have Fluery put on the back of their jersey. Really? Come on, that's a little much don't you think?

People are absolutely allowed to wear what they want to. That doesn't mean we aren't allowed to think less of them for doing so.

Whats your point?

I think everybody here understands people are ALLOWED to wear whatever jersey to a hockey game. Just like we're allowed to poke fun at people who do. Nobody is saying they should be refused admittance or something. You're right, it isn't a big deal, so untwist your panties.

Whats your point?

People are absolutely allowed to wear what they want to. That doesn't mean we aren't allowed to think less of them for doing so.

If you think less of someone just for wearing a jersey of a team that isn't playing at a game, that says more about you than it does about them.

Archived