2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus, let's get through the Stadium Series and the Winter Classic before we start worrying about which era the Jets are gonna use for the Heritage Classic or anything else. It's way too early for that.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

No offense, but this is a lateral move from "ripoff of another NHL team" to "generic team from a movie."

I can name at least two generic movie teams that have ripped off the Lightning before :P
51FWqO0gGrL._SY300_.jpg51OvRLlGEfL.jpg
Weird... I literally just got done watching the Mighty Ducks and was thinking the same thing throughout the movie.

What is up with Hollywood depicting the "evil" team in sports films in black-and-white uniforms, anyway? The Hawks in "D1." Iceland in "D2." The Yankees in "Major League 1." The White Sox in "Major League 2."

Bad guys wear black.
Actually, the Yankees wear navy. Nice try.

That Hawks jersey has striping on one arm? Am I seeing that correctly?

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Bad guys wear black. Good guys wear white. Professional wrestling has been extremely educational for me in regards to understanding how the world works.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Bad guys wear black. Good guys wear white. Professional wrestling has been extremely educational for me in regards to understanding how the world works.

And Steve Austin ruined your world!

I feel like I'm in a very small minority of people who LOVED the Lightning's original Cup-winning look. I used to own the black jersey when I was in high school, but sold it away years later when it didn't fit. Would buy one again in a heartbeat.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

From Newsday:

Also ahead this winter: a night on which during warm-ups players will wear a modernized version of the notorious "fisherman" logo that debuted in 1995, after which the jerseys will be auctioned off for charity.

Those jerseys already are available for purchase by fans.

Um, shouldn't the Islanders be trying to forget that logo?

"It's part of our history," Mathews said. "I saw probably five to 10 people in Brooklyn wearing that jersey. I think it's gotten a cult following."

She said younger fans seem particularly to like it, presumably because they don't remember the first time around.

I feel like I'm in a very small minority of people who LOVED the Lightning's original Cup-winning look. I used to own the black jersey when I was in high school, but sold it away years later when it didn't fit. Would buy one again in a heartbeat.

You don't come here that much don't you?

Living in Arizona this is so common at Dbacks and Coyotes games. I can understand if you are an out of town fan visiting on vacation and you want to cross Gila River Arena off your bucket list but if you live here in Arizona that is when it bugs me as a fan. I try to at least wear minor league attire if I am at a game of two teams that I don't root for.

Count me in that minority.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

From Newsday:

Also ahead this winter: a night on which during warm-ups players will wear a modernized version of the notorious "fisherman" logo that debuted in 1995, after which the jerseys will be auctioned off for charity.

"It's part of our history," Mathews said. "I saw probably five to 10 people in Brooklyn wearing that jersey. I think it's gotten a cult following."

She said younger fans seem particularly to like it, presumably because they don't remember the first time around.

I just don't see the point of wearing it for a pre-game warmup. What's the point really? Why bother at all?

sig.png

From Newsday:

I just don't see the point of wearing it for a pre-game warmup. What's the point really? Why bother at all?

because the gesture seems more tongue in cheek than anything else. Most of us lifelong Isles fans would bleed out of our eyes if the Fisherman logo ever saw it's way on to a game jersey again.

Despite the nostalgic view some take in these forums towards it, it symbolizes literally the lowest point in the franchise's history.

From Newsday:

Only thing I can think of is they want to produce and sell them? They go for a pretty penny on ebay but that's only because they're relatively scarce.

ALykGdZ.png

Archived