2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Ok. Sold. The Pens' thirds look amazing on-ice.

I'd go as far as saying they're deffinattely one of the best uniforms in the league, they are beautiful. I give them a 10/10. You've also gotta love Marc-Andre Fleury's Tom Barasso-inspired throwback mask.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Pens' thirds are off just a little. Too much yellow at the bottom thanks to the goofy hem tail, especially when viewed from behind. The players who have it tucked look miles better.

The jerseys, by themselves, are fine. It's the combination of the stripes on the pants and socks that have no natural business being on this uniform set that make the uniforms busy and unattractive. I want to like them, because I like the jersey by itself, but I just can't; they're too busy.

The jerseys, by themselves, are fine. It's the combination of the stripes on the pants and socks that have no natural business being on this uniform set that make the uniforms busy and unattractive. I want to like them, because I like the jersey by itself, but I just can't; they're too busy.

It's the same level of busy as the Oilers. That's one of the hallmarks of the era, and it works beautifully.

I couldn't help cracking jokes like:

THE PITTSBURGH GOAL, HIS FIRST OF THE SEASON, SCORED BY, NUMBER NINE, RRRRRRRRRONNNNN FRAAAAANCISSSSS! ASSISTED BY, NUMBER SEVEN, JOEYYYY MULLEN! AND NUMBER SEVENTY-ONE, JIRI SLEEEEGGRRRRRRRRRR. That's Francis, from Mullen and Slegr at Nine Minutes.

During a game like this. It was so beautiful to see these sweaters back on the ice and make references from the heroes of my childhood.

Is this how Canadiens fans feel? Guys wearing the same sweaters as the guys they grew up watching?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Agreed. Too many contradicting styles.

But if they wanted to tweak or "modernize" these to create a new uni combo, it would be so easy to do so. Just make the pants solid black (there are plenty of other stripes going on, so it would create a visual "rest") and make the sock striping match the jersey hem (black base with white/black/gold stripes).

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

The NHL just released all of the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs and Finals marks...

...looks like every other season (just with '2015' in them).

That's not much of a shock. There hasn't been a sweeping change to the logo package in a while. I think 2008 was the first year of this current package but I could be mistaken.

@ColorWerx:

Already? Damn, we haven't even gone past the 1st month of this season, and already the logos you'd see in April, May and June are out.

@tohasbo

The current type of package has been in place since 2009. From then until 2012, the Playoffs logo was under a blue shield, while the Cup Final logo was all silver and chrome. In 2013, the logos were given a facelift, with the Playoffs logo under a black shield now, and the Cup Final logo being updated with the current, more-polished Stanley Cup image.

Disagree. It definitely treads on Boston territory

That didn't stop the Pens from going to gold and black back in the day.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Disagree. It definitely treads on Boston territory

That didn't stop the Pens from going to gold and black back in the day.

I was thinking about that during the game. It's A LOT of gold. A lot more than even I remembered. Boston takes the black-heavy black/gold color scheme, and Pittsburgh takes a gold-heavy black/gold color scheme. If how many teams can share red/white/blue, why not have two share black and gold?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

As much as I liked the Penguins look last night, it was strange seeing Crosby and Co. in that look. If they change to those full time, I'll always remember Crosby taking dives and delivering cheap shots in the black and Vegas gold. :)

As much as I liked the Penguins look last night, it was strange seeing Crosby and Co. in that look. If they change to those full time, I'll always remember Crosby taking dives and delivering cheap shots in the black and Vegas gold. :)

I put the black and vegas gold in Patriots territory. If it weren't for the success the team had in them, they'd already be gone. Crosby and Co became the face of the post-lockout NHL, along with the vegas gold uniforms.

these penguins uniforms are fantastic and fun as an alternate, but need a lot of cleaning up if they're going to become the full-time look.... as with all throwback uniforms that come back full-time, the team/league will completely ignore what needs to be fixed, and just go with a straight throwback because they think thats what people want.

it's a great base for a future uniform. but it really does need some cleaning up and modernization.

these penguins uniforms are fantastic and fun as an alternate, but need a lot of cleaning up if they're going to become the full-time look.... as with all throwback uniforms that come back full-time, the team/league will completely ignore what needs to be fixed, and just go with a straight throwback because they think thats what people want.

it's a great base for a future uniform. but it really does need some cleaning up and modernization.

This. A million times.

Archived