2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those throwbacks were fun but look dated too me now. I prefer the current homes.

I hated those Pens uni before, still hate them now.

Way too much Gold/Yellow/Athletic Gold/Saffron/1235 C.

You're all nuts. At most I'd ditch the pants stripes. Maybe. If I had to. Otherwise? That Penguins alternate is perfect as is.

Honestly, I'd keep the pants stripes too. I don't think they looked forced like Nashville's.

I love this look for the Pens.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

The black version is perfect as is but if they brought in a white version, I wouldn't want it to be an exact replica of the one used in 1991. That set had some major problems with the striping, fortunately these issues were confined to the white jersey.

A lot of you need to get over the anal retentiveness of the stripes everywhere have to match. If it looks good, then it looks good. Not everything has to be symmetrical... or match.

Yep.

I guess my reply would be that, particularly in this case, the mismatched stripes don't look good (to me), and precisely because they are mismatched. It's really an effect of the way two different colors interact at their meeting points. Black is so dark, and white (also "gold" in this case) is so bright, that when they border it creates a harsh or strong border. Fine. But put two bright colors--white and "gold" side by side, and the abutment becomes softer. It's just a different affect on the eye, and it seems unnecessary, particularly when the fact that the shapes and the size ratios of the pants stripes and sock stripes versus those on the jerseys are also considered. Everything is contradictory.

Why not make all of the striping patterns and all of the color interactions consistent? I get that many years ago, these things weren't given much thought, and it was more cost prohibitive to make these sorts of changes, but what are the logical reasons for not addressing them now? If it's just for the sake of nostalgia, then that's okay. But I still feel this could become a classic, modern set, if they fixed a few inconsistencies that probably only existed because of what are now outdated reasons.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

A lot of you need to get over the anal retentiveness of the stripes everywhere have to match. If it looks good, then it looks good. Not everything has to be symmetrical... or match.

Yep.

I guess my reply would be that, particularly in this case, the mismatched stripes don't look good (to me), and precisely because they are mismatched. It's really an effect of the way two different colors interact at their meeting points. Black is so dark, and white (also "gold" in this case) is so bright, that when they border it creates a harsh or strong border. Fine. But put two bright colors--white and "gold" side by side, and the abutment becomes softer. It's just a different affect on the eye, and it seems unnecessary, particularly when the fact that the shapes and the size ratios of the pants stripes and sock stripes versus those on the jerseys are also considered. Everything is contradictory.

Why not make all of the striping patterns and all of the color interactions consistent? I get that many years ago, these things weren't given much thought, and it was more cost prohibitive to make these sorts of changes, but what are the logical reasons for not addressing them now? If it's just for the sake of nostalgia, then that's okay. But I still feel this could become a classic, modern set, if they fixed a few inconsistencies that probably only existed because of what are now outdated reasons.

i'm going to completely agree with this. couldn't have said it better myself.

and since i couldn't have said it better, i'll just say something similar, but shorter and more bluntly.

it doesn't look good to us, and our opinions are just as valid as anyone elses.

+10000000000

The socks look identical to the Bruins alt's socks, and they don't match the arm stripes.

This x 1000. The problem is that they match the Bruins striping that I grew up with (70s to early 90s). The Bruins current alt is a throwback to that look.

To me, the striping looks way out of place on a Pens jersey. The Bruins own that striping ( is it possible to own a striping pattern? To me, yes it is)

Archived