2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

The Penguins have different helmets with the third jerseys.

457686950_slide.jpg

457458612_slide.jpg

I thought they were simply wearing the home helmets but you can tell the color of the triangle is a different shade of gold.

The outline on the numbers is also the athletic gold.

Which makes me wonder: why are the helmet numbers white when the numbers on the jersey, which is also black, are gold? Why change them? Was it simply to match the usual numbers better?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't find anything using keyword search, so forgive me if this has already been pointed out;

After years of trying to make us forget the FIsherman era; the Islanders are now producing merch with the Fisherman logo. Mitchell & Ness have aquired the rights to produce Fisherman logos merch too. This is one of those brandings I've been hoping would be brought back.

M&N started producing Mighty Ducks merch which have been quite popular, so we could see the same thing happen with the Fisherman logo. I'm expecting M&N to product a lot of teal-heavy merch. I'm personally hoping they produce a paintsplash snapback & some quality teal shirts and crewnecks.

http://instagram.com/p/uLfJCQkw29/?modal=true

http://instagram.com/p/uij16WlV43/?modal=true

The Penguins have different helmets with the third jerseys.

457686950_slide.jpg

457458612_slide.jpg

I thought they were simply wearing the home helmets but you can tell the color of the triangle is a different shade of gold.

They also went with the white straps on the black helmet, which was pretty common back in the day, and a nice touch for the throwbacks.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I know Mario has something against the athletic gold (even though he won 2 cups in it), but based on the positive reaction from EVERYONE, I see these going into full time mode.

Everyone? Not me. I prefer the Vegas Gold.

I preferred the Vegas Gold when it was actually gold and used in a good uniform design, as opposed to the khaki template blotches that arrived with the Edge overhaul.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I couldn't find anything using keyword search, so forgive me if this has already been pointed out;

After years of trying to make us forget the FIsherman era; the Islanders are now producing merch with the Fisherman logo. Mitchell & Ness have aquired the rights to produce Fisherman logos merch too. This is one of those brandings I've been hoping would be brought back.

M&N started producing Mighty Ducks merch which have been quite popular, so we could see the same thing happen with the Fisherman logo. I'm expecting M&N to product a lot of teal-heavy merch. I'm personally hoping they produce a paintsplash snapback & some quality teal shirts and crewnecks.

http://instagram.com/p/uLfJCQkw29/?modal=true

http://instagram.com/p/uij16WlV43/?modal=true

It's no secret that it's my personal favorite sets of all time from the islanders, but I can't imagine there is a market for anything fisherman related except for people that are either contrarians or nostalgic for 1996. Personally, I thought it was a good look that was given an unfair chance.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I think the Pens' thirds are off just a little. Too much yellow at the bottom thanks to the goofy hem tail, especially when viewed from behind. The players who have it tucked look miles better.

If only these teams would realize that if you make the bottom stripes follow the contours of the hem, then in game action use they would look much closer to the original. Only when on a hanger would you even be able to tell the waist stripes are wavy.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

I think the Pens' thirds are off just a little. Too much yellow at the bottom thanks to the goofy hem tail, especially when viewed from behind. The players who have it tucked look miles better.

If only these teams would realize that if you make the bottom stripes follow the contours of the hem, then in game action use they would look much closer to the original. Only when on a hanger would you even be able to tell the waist stripes are wavy.

It doesn't work all that well in practice. Still pictures won't really do it justice, but the Spirit have looked goofy every time I've seen them play.

-0302a0a0c3b88210.jpg

It doesn't work all that well in practice. Still pictures won't really do it justice, but the Spirit have looked goofy every time I've seen them play.

-0302a0a0c3b88210.jpg

The only way to "fix" it is to have the rounded part of the jersey the same color as the pants, that way it blends in and you only notice the horizontal stripes

Jordan+Eberle+Edmonton+Oilers+v+Toronto+

Even then, it doesn't work on the white jerseys. You simply have to minimize it and live with this last vestige of the Edge system

I know Mario has something against the athletic gold (even though he won 2 cups in it), but based on the positive reaction from EVERYONE, I see these going into full time mode.

Everyone? Not me. I prefer the Vegas Gold.

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

-0302a0a0c3b88210.jpg

I disagree, you can't even tell that hem is scalloped if the striping follows the same contour. just looks liks the shirt is flowing up and down with the players movements!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

10724658_707902392611142_1819324764_n.jp

Imma gonna buy me multiple versions of these shirts and wear them with pride. I'm gonna be the coolest looking octopus on the block.

Then imma gonna get me a tattoo of that logo on my forehead and be the baddest ass octopus anywhere.

2zppq87.jpg

I'm going to buy one of those hats.

I maintain that the Islanders looked good wearing the wavy jerseys and the fisherman logo. They just didn't look like the Islanders and they were just introduced during a really bad time for the franchise so I don't think they got a fair shake. If they were the logos and uniforms of an expansion franchise or a team without the history they have then the fisherman and beautiful lighthouse secondary logo would've stuck around a lot longer.

In the alternate timeline where the Isles keep those logos they probably would've changed to a less whacky uniform template, but I think the logos were nice, especially the lighthouse.

PvO6ZWJ.png

10724658_707902392611142_1819324764_n.jp

Imma gonna buy me multiple versions of these shirts and wear them with pride. I'm gonna be the coolest looking octopus on the block.

Then imma gonna get me a tattoo of that logo on my forehead and be the baddest ass octopus anywhere.

2zppq87.jpg

I'm going to buy one of those hats.

I maintain that the Islanders looked good wearing the wavy jerseys and the fisherman logo. They just didn't look like the Islanders and they were just introduced during a really bad time for the franchise so I don't think they got a fair shake. If they were the logos and uniforms of an expansion franchise or a team without the history they have then the fisherman and beautiful lighthouse secondary logo would've stuck around a lot longer.

In the alternate timeline where the Isles keep those logos they probably would've changed to a less whacky uniform template, but I think the logos were nice, especially the lighthouse.

I honestly think they should be the logos of an Islanders minor league affiliate. I agree that they're good logos that were introduced poorly, but I think few would disagree that they wouldn't be great for the minor leagues. Modernize the look, MAYBE simplify the colors a bit, and send them to the AHL or ECHL.

Tell me this wouldn't work great for an Islanders minor league affiliate. They keep using black alternates, so it's royal blue, orange, and black.

islandersminorleaguefisherman_zpsc4f8457

Throw a city name underneath or above "ISLANDERS" and you have a perfect minor league logo.

If only Reebok and the NHL realize how stupid the curve hem is than this wouldn't be a problem in the first place.

Tell me this wouldn't work great for an Islanders minor league affiliate. They keep using black alternates, so it's royal blue, orange, and black.

islandersminorleaguefisherman_zpsc4f8457

Throw a city name underneath or above "ISLANDERS" and you have a perfect minor league logo.

Nooooooo!!!!!! Too BFBS! Nobody likes the black Islanders jerseys. They're awful.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Archived