Chewbacca

2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

How awesome would it be if the teasers will all be for the unveil that the Blackhawks are just wearing their normal uniforms for this game, LIKE THEY SHOULD? But alas money talks.

I was hoping they would wear these

Irvin.jpg

That would look amazing, if they paired it with brown gloves of course.

Still holding hope that it's these, simply because it's a little more interesting

Blackhawks22.png

Based on the 3rd teaser, it'll be those. I'm guessing the last teaser will be the tie-neck collar.

If these unis have the current indian head, these unis are going to be incredibly lame.

Mind you, they'll look great, but who would spend $150 to get a jersey that kinda looks like a Chinese knockoff of their current road jersey.

No. they are begging to be trashed, as both the cup winning set and 2007 iterations are vastly superior...

Their road uniforms aren't bad.

So these are some more logos for the Winter Classic...

winterclassic_zps314b9565.png

So the Blackhawks will have a jersey using their current logo untouched. Looks like they won't be using any reiterations of one of their 1930's or 1940's crests.

That's fine by me. The modern incarnation of the logo is far superior to any used before it, and if the Caps are doing a fauxback, there's no reason why the Hawks can't.

You don't think not using one of their previous logos is because of the whole Redskins issue, do you? The Blackhawks have remained untouched in this whole discussion and perhaps they think using an older logo might invalidate the good they've had? Some of the older logos were less accurately drawn, for lack of a good word.

9643_chicago_black_hawks-primary-1938.pn

Perhaps they decided early on that they wanted to use the current logo, which has had no problems, and continue to avoid criticism entirely.

Also, didn't they say that they wanted to use a straight 1961 white throwback for last year's stadium series game and reebok wouldn't let them? I bet that's what we see for the winter classic.

61_hawks_cup_medium.jpg

Who knew they were missing a stripe on the sleeve in that era? I never realized.

Though I think these would be slightly more interesting, they won a cup right after they changed them, so I doubt they'll ever be used again:

Blackhawks22.png

Nailed it a month ago. Nice.

Looks like it may be the 1957-58 version, which is even more similar to their current road jersey. I just don't see the point, especially since it's using the current crest - it's not distinct enough from the current road jersey to sell well at full price.

Agreed. Which is why I'm hoping they do something creative, and good, with the main crest to make this jersey worth it.

McDonough apparently insisted at the unveiling that the Winter Classic crest is different, somehow. I'm not seeing it yet.

Might as well have taken the regular aways instead of hyping us up for nothing.

So the only differences are the laceups, old logo on the sleeves, and the numbers. What's the point?

Well, the Blackhawks' uniform history is basically the uniform they've had for about 60 years and then some weird stuff, but they feel pressured either internally or externally to do something, they've already used the most conservative throwback, and must also feel that the barberpole sweaters are too ugly or too not-Blackhawks (the one with no red) to sell well. So we get this half-assed affair. They didn't even use an older version of the Indian Head to be more authentic, which a team in Actual 1999 could do but a Fauxback 2015 team could not.

I guess this is the downside of incredible uniform continuity, you get stupid money grabs like this one.

$185 for a blank replica, $205 if you actually want the Winter Classic patch on it, plus another $65 to customize it. It is Super Mega Bonertime at Chinese counterfeiting factories.

Well, as far as the Blackhawks WC jerseys, it could be worse. It could have been like the Canadiens' Heritage Classic jersey against the Flames when the only thing that was different was how the numbers were trimmed. It's not actually a bad uniform, but there isn't a whole lot of incentive to buy one.

The Red Wings Winter Classic jerseys from last season are better than the Blackhawks Winter Classic jerseys this season. *just being the biased fan that I am*

The Red Wings Winter Classic jerseys from last season are better than the Blackhawks Winter Classic jerseys this season. *just being the biased fan that I am*

More different =/= better. At least the Hawks uni isn't ugly, it's just pointless.