2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

The Sabres were supposed to wear their horrible alternate on wednesday but decided not to. Maybe a sign that they'll be thrown into a giant fire by the end of the season !

Have they worn them yet?

I'm wondering, because the NHL Branding site still hasn't made them available to download, and I'm wondering if it's intentional or an oversight.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sabres were supposed to wear their horrible alternate on wednesday but decided not to. Maybe a sign that they'll be thrown into a giant fire by the end of the season !

Have they worn them yet?

I'm wondering, because the NHL Branding site still hasn't made them available to download, and I'm wondering if it's intentional or an oversight.

Many times, yeah.

Icethetics with their Jersey Watch 2014

http://www.icethetics.co/blog/2014/2/9/nhl-jerseywatch-2014

Sounds like expected changes from:

- Ducks (promoting current alt to primary status

- Coyotes (new alt shoulder logo, possible new alt jersey)

- Isles (Stadium Series jersey to alt status

- Flyers (new third, possible black again)

- Pens (early 90s inspired alternate)

- Blues (new home/road, third remains unchanged?)

- Lightning (new black alt?)

They also bring up the Winter Classic. DC is hosting, but no word on the opponent. Philly is the frontrunner, but details are sparse.

Stadium Series in Glendale, AZ (Dear God Please No) and Foxboro (Bruins v Canadiens?). Denver, Minnesota, San Jose, and Tampa are candidates too.

My own personal opinion hopes for Lightning-Flyers in Tropicana Field (the old Thunderdome) in the place it all began.

I guess San Jose would host the Stadium Series at Spartan Stadium? Or would they have it in Santa Clara? It seems like Spartan Stadium would be kind of a low-profile site to host a marquee NHL game.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I guess San Jose would host the Stadium Series at Spartan Stadium? Or would they have it in Santa Clara? It seems like Spartan Stadium would be kind of a low-profile site to host a marquee NHL game.

Santa Clara is probably where they're looking. If Foxboro covers for the Bruins, Santa Clara can easily cover toe San Jose.

No, San Jose would have it at AT&T Park, Stanford Stadium, or Levi's Stadium.

It actually sounds more like they're just going to change the crest on the current primaries. If they were actually going to promote the third, the Reebok catalog would look different, and Eric Stephens isn't always the most reliable. He's not always in-the-loop, despite being the main Ducks beat writer.

They also bring up the Winter Classic. DC is hosting, but no word on the opponent. Philly is the frontrunner, but details are sparse.

Stadium Series in Glendale, AZ (Dear God Please No) and Foxboro (Bruins v Canadiens?). Denver, Minnesota, San Jose, and Tampa are candidates too.

My own personal opinion hopes for Lightning-Flyers in Tropicana Field (the old Thunderdome) in the place it all began.

Again?? For the third time in five years? I hope that's just a rumor

Again?? For the third time in five years? I hope that's just a rumor

Coming as a Caps fan, I agree. I'd REALLY want it to be the Islanders as an ode to the 80s rivalry but I don't think it would happen. Something does tell me the league will either shove Philly or Pittsburgh down our throats for the Classic, however.

No, San Jose would have it at AT&T Park, Stanford Stadium, or Levi's Stadium.

Levi's is in Santa Clara, which would be the closest of the three. Next Stanford and last SF - AT&T. All hold 40,000+. I would personally like to see Quakes new stadium, what a showcase that would be for the new stadium.

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

Sadly, I doubt they'll be able to use the Quakes stadium if they have it in January of 2015. Stanford seems like the front runner with it's proximity to San Jose. Levi's would be but only if it's after the Super Bowl otherwise, it's a major rush job to do it the week of if the 49ers host the NFC Championship. AT&T Park could be the most desirable with the scenic view and with no more football there, plenty of time to host other events with the ice.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Sadly, I doubt they'll be able to use the Quakes stadium if they have it in January of 2015. Stanford seems like the front runner with it's proximity to San Jose. Levi's would be but only if it's after the Super Bowl otherwise, it's a major rush job to do it the week of if the 49ers host the NFC Championship. AT&T Park could be the most desirable with the scenic view and with no more football there, plenty of time to host other events with the ice.

You know Super Bowl L is in 2016, right?

Anyways, if they really want to have it at Levi's, they could always play it in February or March, to avoid any possible conflict with the Niners.

I saw the Stadium Series jerseys in person and boy are the logos cheap looking. The chromed Blackhawks logo looks washed-out and fake. Their jersey isn't too bad for a one to two time thing. The Penguins jersey is actually quite decent but again, those damn chrome logos ruin it. The only jersey that it actually works on is the Kings' jersey. A shiny chrome crown on a grey jersey makes sense and it actually doesn't look too bad at all. I know this is off topic but Canada's Olympic jerseys look cheap too, even though they have grown on me a bit and they aren't the worst jerseys I have ever seen cough cough Buffalo cough cough. I can't get over how bad the chrome logos look. Screen-printed logos just aren't the same compared to actual crests made from felt and that cardboard-like material, unless it too is felt. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Archived