2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Blues thirds look much better in the context of the 2014 set. Now that the Blues have achieved perfection with their primary uniforms, the flaws of the third can be more easily forgiven. Its a clean, traditional look that is different enough from the main set. The loss of that curvy piping on the pant shell also really helps.

yfXeNxa.jpg

Not a fan of their alt especially that crest.

It's an alt. It's different. It does its job for being an alternative.

Being "different" isn't enough to excuse a poorly-designed alternate jersey. Yes, it's fun to test new designs and to be creative, but first and foremost a uniform gas to look good.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I just had a crazy idea. The Lightning should incorporate yellow into their color scheme (perhaps as the color of the lightning bolt), change the blue to a darker shade, and bring back black full time. While I'm not saying they should bring back the infamous “storm” jersey, I think they should wear something similar in design.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I just had a crazy idea. The Lightning should incorporate yellow into their color scheme (perhaps as the color of the lightning bolt), change the blue to a darker shade, and bring back black full time. While I'm not saying they should bring back the infamous storm jersey, I think they should wear something similar in design.

The current shade of blue looked awful along with black. Anything darker would be a total mess.

I just had a crazy idea. The Lightning should incorporate yellow into their color scheme (perhaps as the color of the lightning bolt), change the blue to a darker shade, and bring back black full time. While I'm not saying they should bring back the infamous “storm” jersey, I think they should wear something similar in design.

Why should they go darker? It's already pretty dark:

PMS_281_C_SRGB.png

I just had a crazy idea. The Lightning should incorporate yellow into their color scheme (perhaps as the color of the lightning bolt), change the blue to a darker shade, and bring back black full time. While I'm not saying they should bring back the infamous storm jersey, I think they should wear something similar in design.

The current shade of blue looked awful along with black. Anything darker would be a total mess.

That'so why I think yellow should be added to provide a nice contrast color.

That'so why I think yellow should be added to provide a nice contrast color.

That won't change the fact that you'll be using two dark colours in close proximity with one another. It doesn't matter how many lighter colours you have, it's going to be a muddled turd.

close proximity

beep boop beep boop all proximity is close

The Bolts could also just, I dunno, lighten their blue to what the Detroit Lions use or something close so that it has sufficient contrast with black. Seems simpler and purdier than a navy/yellow/black palette.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Blues thirds look much better in the context of the 2014 set. Now that the Blues have achieved perfection with their primary uniforms, the flaws of the third can be more easily forgiven. Its a clean, traditional look that is different enough from the main set. The loss of that curvy piping on the pant shell also really helps.

yfXeNxa.jpg

Not a fan of their alt especially that crest.

It's an alt. It's different. It does its job for being an alternative.

Being "different" isn't enough to excuse a poorly-designed alternate jersey. Yes, it's fun to test new designs and to be creative, but first and foremost a uniform gas to look good.

Oh c'mon, there's nothing poorly-designed about that jersey, it's just not the best jersey in the Blues set anymore. Other than the roundel, what is bad on that jersey?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

]Being "different" isn't enough to excuse a poorly-designed alternate jersey. Yes, it's fun to test new designs and to be creative, but first and foremost a uniform gas to look good.

Oh c'mon, there's nothing poorly-designed about that jersey, it's just not the best jersey in the Blues set anymore. Other than the roundel, what is bad on that jersey?

Fair enough. I usually say that when people use the "alts are supposed to be different" line to justify crappy designs, although you're right in saying that it doesn't really apply here.

Basically my main objection is that I don't want the Blues to have something new and different. The navy is too bland, and the lack of white - especially with the numbets - breaks too far from tradition. This jersey was fine in their last set because of how brutal the primaries were, but now that they're back to wearing beautiful, timeless unis, I feel these are no longer necessary.

]Being "different" isn't enough to excuse a poorly-designed alternate jersey. Yes, it's fun to test new designs and to be creative, but first and foremost a uniform gas to look good.

Fair enough. I usually say that when people use the "alts are supposed to be different" line to justify crappy designs, although you're right in saying that it doesn't really apply here.

Basically my main objection is that I don't want the Blues to have something new and different. The navy is too bland, and the lack of white - especially with the numbets - breaks too far from tradition. This jersey was fine in their last set because of how brutal the primaries were, but now that they're back to wearing beautiful, timeless unis, I feel these are no longer necessary.

They'll go away in time. Their current set is brand new, I'm not surprised they let the old 3rd linger, softens the transition (See: Lightning, Hurricanes). Next season it'll probably get dropped, then they'll add something new then or a season or two after that.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

They'll go away in time. Their current set is brand new, I'm not surprised they let the old 3rd linger, softens the transition (See: Lightning, Hurricanes). Next season it'll probably get dropped, then they'll add something new then or a season or two after that.

I would agree with that. They have dropped them on Saturday games (always been big hockey night in St. Louis).....looks like they moved them to Thursday's (and less of crowds)

PMS_281_C_SRGB.png

Unless your in cartoon world lightning bolts are white. Also their jerseys aren't that dark.

PMS_281_C_SRGB.png

Unless your in cartoon world lightning bolts are white. Also their jerseys aren't that dark.

I am thinking cartoon world lightning bolts. I just want similar in color scheme to this:

27e9c0e26c1d2c0b.jpg

I wonder how good it would look if the canucks infused college navy and action green a la seattle seahawks into their home orca set??? Then leave the stick in the rink combo colors alone. Could anybody do a mock up of that?

Not quite what you describe, but I've long thought about this color scheme for the Canucks:

VancouverCanucks_PropUNG0100a_SCC_SRGB.p

Disclaimer: This is a straight re-color of the current Canucks' jersey; I just wanted to quickly show the color scheme I'm going for...might want to redesign the uniforms in the future.

I wonder how good it would look if the canucks infused college navy and action green a la seattle seahawks into their home orca set??? Then leave the stick in the rink combo colors alone. Could anybody do a mock up of that?

Not quite what you describe, but I've long thought about this color scheme for the Canucks:VancouverCanucks_PropUNG0100a_SCC_SRGB.pDisclaimer: This is a straight re-color of the current Canucks' jersey; I just wanted to quickly show the color scheme I'm going for...might want to redesign the uniforms in the future.

I approve of this. Well done, ColorWerx. This color scheme is much easier on the eyes and blends quite nicely.

Archived