2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Did these up. Obviously based off of the Strength & Conditioning logo.

pnwISZE.png

I'll take the bottom two, please.

*checks the date*

It's not April 1.

Well, there's no NHL shield on the collar and the shoulder logo is the Chevy one. Likely a joke or a video of their jersey history?

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd wager it's just a video on their jersey history. And they chose the teaser as the Burger King logo because they knew it'd stir people of our ilk into a frenzy about it.

Also, if it was the BK jersey, what would be the Sharks counterpart for it? Their original teals? Their original black alternates? Nah. Not buying it for a second.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I was thinking a Johnny Canuck logo like this... This was done around the time the Edge jerseys first came out. Not sure who did it though but something along those lines for the Johnny Canucks

new_canucks-uniforms_2.gif

Someone on the Canucks forum made that in 2007. It's a photoshopped All-Star jersey from '07

I was thinking a Johnny Canuck logo like this... This was done around the time the Edge jerseys first came out. Not sure who did it though but something along those lines for the Johnny Canucks

new_canucks-uniforms_2.gif

Someone on the Canucks forum made that in 2007. It's a photoshopped All-Star jersey from '07

I knew it was from somewhere on there... and it was more of a reference for the logo rather than those "fantastic" templates

The Burger King logo wouldn't be terrible if used on a better jersey template. It's 75% the jersey that made that set so atrocious.

I think it would look good if they got rid of the silly sash-type stripe that ran down the jersey. If they made the logo bigger and put on the center of the jersey and made a black or gray hem stripe along the bottom, I'd have no problem with them using the Burger King jersey design as the base of the jersey. They could even keep the weird name and number font. I'll work on drawing something up later to illustrate my idea.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

The problem with the full bodied JC logo is that it is too detailed to introduce yet more design elements into the equation without it becoming a big over-complicated mess.

I don't dislike the logo by itself, I just don't think its the solution for a primary or even a shoulder patch.

And I'll say it again, the V head logo is the worst thing ever. Kill it now.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

And I'll say it again, the V head logo is the worst thing ever. Kill it now.

I like it. Especially admiral's tweak with the hard edges. It works in that city monograms are generally accepted, and with Vancouver you have a chance to use a really dynamic looking letter.

As for Johnny Canuck? The Strength and Conditioning style roundels are perfect.

I love the Johnny Canuck over the V. The V may be superfluous to the logo, but I think it complements his shape. I think it would look great on the chest.

Ugh. I'm done.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

A fashion jersey comes out with Skatin' Johnny placed too high on the sweater, too close to the collar, and far too small and people use that as proof that the logo doesn't work on a hockey jersey. Take any logo in the NHL, scale it to a dumb size and then place it awkwardly on the jersey and nobody's logo would look good.

Blow him up a little and center it in the space and it'd be one of the best crests in the NHL.

PvO6ZWJ.png

A fashion jersey comes out with Skatin' Johnny placed too high on the sweater, too close to the collar, and far too small and people use that as proof that the logo doesn't work on a hockey jersey. Take any logo in the NHL, scale it to a dumb size and then place it awkwardly on the jersey and nobody's logo would look good.

Blow him up a little and center it in the space and it'd be one of the best crests in the NHL.

Well, no, actually. That and the dozens of mock-ups I've seen here and on other websites that lead me to believe that no matter how it's executed, Johnny Canuck will not look good as a jersey crest. Making him 10% bigger and 2" lower isn't gonna magically change that.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Well, no, actually. That and the dozens of mock-ups I've seen here and on other websites that lead me to believe that no matter how it's executed, Johnny Canuck will not look good as a jersey crest. Making him 10% bigger and 2" lower isn't gonna magically change that.

I disagree. I think he looks great, ACTUALLY.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived