2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

The next to get a Outdoor game should be Colorado or Minnesota. These two states are more linked to hockey than California.

St. Louis, San Jose and Colorado have to be next as far as seniority goes. I'm thinking St. Louis gets the Classic in 2016; the Sharks and Avalanche (Coors) will have the Stadium Series either next year or 2016.

sig.png

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Lightning will find a way to ruin the new third. I have no hope it will be any decent.

Probably a black version of the home :P. But seriously a throwback to the cup jersey would be awesome. Never should have changed that look

It needed some tweaking, I mean with the grade-2-scribble logo. At least they've gotten with the times and gone with a clip art logo. That template was perfect though.

sig.png

The next to get a Outdoor game should be Colorado or Minnesota. These two states are more linked to hockey than California.

St. Louis, San Jose and Colorado have to be next as far as seniority goes. I'm thinking St. Louis gets the Classic in 2016; the Sharks and Avalanche (Coors) will have the Stadium Series either next year or 2016.

I don't think seniority has something to do i mean, Montreal is 105 years old and never had a outdoor game held in Montreal, neither did Toronto

I don't think seniority has something to do i mean, Montreal is 105 years old and never had a outdoor game held in Montreal, neither did Toronto

where would they play?

The Lightning will find a way to ruin the new third. I have no hope it will be any decent.

Probably a black version of the home :P. But seriously a throwback to the cup jersey would be awesome. Never should have changed that look

But the logo reeked of all things 90s. Unmatching decorative fonts that are not super clear for legibility, a 3D lightning bolt on a 2D image, 4 colors...

I'm not dismissing this logo or your opinion. But I think the logo should at least be tweaked, so that it can reach 2014 standards for a logo. I'd be willing to give it a chance to be revived, if an oppurtunity ever presented itself.

where would they play?

Toronto could play in Rogers Center with the roof opened, wouldn't be the best, but it could work. And for Montreal..... well, you're right on that point !

*Seniority as far as teams that have suitable venues.

sig.png

where would they play?

Toronto could play in Rogers Center with the roof opened, wouldn't be the best, but it could work. And for Montreal..... well, you're right on that point !

Youd think the decision would be that easy, but as it has a cement floor, I believe drainage is an issue with putting the rink in there, but I might be wrong.

Just thinking out loud about these outdoor games,

Blues at Busch Stadium would be nice. I'm sure it'll happen eventually once STL is done with all their renovations outside of Busch.

That being said, seems like the baseball stadium shtick is becoming overdone. For example, I know if they ever get one they'd probably play at Coors Field, but personally I'd like to see the Avalanche play here:

ColoradoFootball4.jpg

Same with the Wild at the Minnesota Gophers stadium rather than Target Field

90758391980.gif

I went to the Gophers' outdoor game last month at TCF; the rink set up pretty well there.

(But day-umn it was cold.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

where would they play?

Generally when stadiums have retractable roofs, the facilities inside are not weather-hardy... the whole point of building a retractable roof stadium is to have it open when the weather is nice and closed when it is not.

where would they play?

Youd think the decision would be that easy, but as it has a cement floor, I believe drainage is an issue with putting the rink in there, but I might be wrong.

They're working on hosting the 2017 game for the franchise's centennial at a renovated BMO Field.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

couldnt the habs play in Percival Stadium, i know the cap. isnt like the big house, but you could probably sell "floor seats" to add something different.

Blues will probably not ever host a winter classic, but may visit to one in Minnie or Colorado.

I also thought I heard something about more "neutral site" games, maybe San Jose vs Vancouver in Seattle, or Minnesota vs chicago in Milwaukee and that sort of thing

couldnt the habs play in Percival Stadium, i know the cap. isnt like the big house, but you could probably sell "floor seats" to add something different.

Blues will probably not ever host a winter classic, but may visit to one in Minnie or Colorado.

I also thought I heard something about more "neutral site" games, maybe San Jose vs Vancouver in Seattle, or Minnesota vs chicago in Milwaukee and that sort of thing

Only problem is you can really get one row of seats at the same level at a hockey game with the boards and all. That would put you at barely 26'000 people. I think the league wants a bit more than that to necessitate and outdoor game.

I suppose they could put temporary/permanent seating on the North end of the stadium, but that's not the best conditions for an NHL outdoor winter game.

I spoke a guy at a local store tonight in Springfield, IL. This store is probably the biggest jersey seller in town. I asked him about new Blues jerseys next year. He said he hadn't heard anything, but maybe the owner has. However, he did say that they have tried to order merchandise with the alternate jersey logo and have only been able to get one or two different t-shirts with the logo. He said the new Blues owner hates the alternate jersey logo and basically only allows it to be put on the alternate jerseys. So maybe the alternate jersey is getting a new logo or the current alternate jersey is being scrapped completely.

I spoke a guy at a local store tonight in Springfield, IL. This store is probably the biggest jersey seller in town. I asked him about new Blues jerseys next year. He said he hadn't heard anything, but maybe the owner has. However, he did say that they have tried to order merchandise with the alternate jersey logo and have only been able to get one or two different t-shirts with the logo. He said the new Blues owner hates the alternate jersey logo and basically only allows it to be put on the alternate jerseys. So maybe the alternate jersey is getting a new logo or the current alternate jersey is being scrapped completely.

That's interesting to hear. You'd think he'd discontinue or roll out something else if he wasn't a fan of it. Personally, I think it's a nice alternate logo, although I'd be more open to it being on a lighter shade of blue as opposed to the darker navy.

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

That's interesting to hear. You'd think he'd discontinue or roll out something else if he wasn't a fan of it. Personally, I think it's a nice alternate logo, although I'd be more open to it being on a lighter shade of blue as opposed to the darker navy.

If this means rolling out the alts with the primary logo as the new home and road, that's fantastic news. If they're just dropping it...meh.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived