2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Did a quick mock-up of full-bodied Johnny Canuck in front of the Millionaires V. No matter what the size of Johnny Canuck in front of the V (I might have him too big as it is now), I agree with Lee in that Johnny Canuck in the roundel like they have it in the Strength & Conditioning logo would be the best place to start.

8RBoQj4.png

That is BEAUTIFUL. I prefer the white V on blue than the green version. It pops out better and it would be consistent with the white jersey numbers and captain's C.

All I would do is add a green border on both the white and blue V's and the rest of the jersey font. The Johnny V-head, aka, the Vachon cakes rip-off, would be discontinued.

That would be fantastic for the Canucks.

2mow2dk.jpg2j2sx87.jpgscz0cx.jpgkdsrir.jpg

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do like that lopsided D star in RWB, but this current color scheme was by far the best choice. I also wish they'd use the Texas logo with the plain star instead of cramming the primary logo in there.

I like that better too and I'm a guy who loves the new Stars look, though I've gotten nitpicky with it since the debut. Such as: Reversing the stripes to be black-white-black would solve one of the two tiny issues I have with their green jerseys (the other is number outlines).

I also like Skatin' Johnny Canuck on the top the Millionaires' V. It's sort of like the Penguins' penguin. Without the triangle that logo would just be a poorly rendered old school logo with shapes and limbs sticking out in every direction fighting for your eyeballs' attention, but the triangle brings it all together. Now, Johnny Canuck is not a poorly rendered logo, he's a well-rendered logo, so I think he still works without the V, but having a base to ground him doesn't hurt. It's the reason roundels work so well, except this is better because roundels are played out.

PvO6ZWJ.png

That green & gold version is pretty sharp.

Yes. Why is this not their jersey right now?

gold-green.png?format=1000w

What they ended up with is fine, but this.... oh my, this.

The gold looks like it reflects/shines. Maybe it would've been to hard or expensive to produce on a massive scale, for players/prospects/fans/etc.

I doubt it. Several teams used a dazzle fabric in striping to show metallic colors before the switch to the edge in 2007* and it didn't seem to be a problem at the time.

*Off the top of my head: Anaheim, San Jose (later changed to flat gray), St. Louis (later changed to flat blue), Minnesota, Nashville (kept using the dazzle fabric after the edge takeover), Pittsburgh, Vancouver, Washington.

PvO6ZWJ.png

That green & gold version is pretty sharp.

Yes. Why is this not their jersey right now?

gold-green.png?format=1000w

What they ended up with is fine, but this.... oh my, this.

The gold makes a good jersey look 1000% better. Really makes everything pop and you lose the "St. Patrick's Blackhawks" feel.

Management pretty much came out and said at the reveal the reason they dropped gold in favor of silver was keeping the identity uniform in all forms of merchandise.
I own older stars merch with gold that varies from bright, shimmery metallic gold to dark, horseradish mustard brown.
Silver is either shiny or it's grey.

5amlwx.jpg

The Blackhawks seem to think their logo's skin tone is bright yellow-orange at times and copper at other times. It's annoying (on the yellow-orange end), but I certainly wouldn't want them to make the Indian Head just black, white, and red for consistency purposes. People try that in the Concepts folder and it looks like garbage.

Teams shouldn't change their colors. Logos can come and go, but colors should stay. Green and gold is a powerful color combination. Find a way to make it work.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Management pretty much came out and said at the reveal the reason they dropped gold in favor of silver was keeping the identity uniform in all forms of merchandise.

I own older stars merch with gold that varies from bright, shimmery metallic gold to dark, horseradish mustard brown.

then that's REALLY over-thinking something. Plenty of other teams makes those gold/yellow colors work.

The gold looks like it reflects/shines. Maybe it would've been to hard or expensive to produce on a massive scale, for players/prospects/fans/etc.

It was probably the same "shimmer" material the Ducks used on their "wordmark" jerseys.

I believe the gold only changed once, at least officially anyways. I do get the point though. The shade of gold on the mothership's "Stars" collection just went through a drastic change recently.

Regardless of reproduction issues, that green & gold jersey looks spectacular.

then that's REALLY over-thinking something. Plenty of other teams makes those gold/yellow colors work.

318px-3x14_Cox_realizes.jpg

5amlwx.jpg

Archived