2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

He's not the focus of that photograph, but hot damn, I would donate $1,000 on Kickstarter just to punch Zach Braff in the face.

Donate $2,000 or more: You get to punch Zach Braff in the face while wearing a class ring.

Risks: Well, Zach Braff might not want to be punched in the face. We haven't approached him yet.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, it looks like that logo was made to be a jersey crest. It's the best visuals to ever represent the Canucks--by far.

Couldn't agree more. Instant upgrade.

Welp, life, it's been a great run, but I think Goth and I agreeing completely has to be the final sign of the apocalypse. :D

Also, that Stars version with the gold is sexxxy.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

That green & gold version is pretty sharp.

Yes. Why is this not their jersey right now?

gold-green.png?format=1000w

What they ended up with is fine, but this.... oh my, this.

The gold looks like it reflects/shines. Maybe it would've been to hard or expensive to produce on a massive scale, for players/prospects/fans/etc.

I doubt it. Several teams used a dazzle fabric in striping to show metallic colors before the switch to the edge in 2007* and it didn't seem to be a problem at the time.

*Off the top of my head: Anaheim, San Jose (later changed to flat gray), St. Louis (later changed to flat blue), Minnesota, Nashville (kept using the dazzle fabric after the edge takeover), Pittsburgh, Vancouver, Washington.

Pittsburgh (pre-edge) was the first team I thought of - they used a gold that was shiny and it looked awesome. And I might be wrong...but didn't Ottawa's black alternates (with the laurel leaves) have a shiny metallic to them?

And yeah, Vancouver's silver and Washington's bronze are good examples too.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I can appreciate looking at every available option but man some of these proposed designs would have made the Star's first Edge set look like a masterstroke of design... Like this uninspired "Habs" rip off...

PJXf3Ou.png

This all around disaster...

XeUoNOL.png

And look, they almost pulled a Calgary Flames... :puke:

xpJCN23.png

The flag patch would have at least made some sense for the Stars. In that iteration, it would be team colors, and they're the only team in Texas. Unlike Calgary with the Alberta flag.

And yeah, copying the Canadiens stroke for stroke and just reversing the blue and red? There's no way Montreal or the NHL would have let them come out with that. (Although, we do live in a post-Tampa Maple Wings world so maybe.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Puke.

I was hoping for something a little more CBJ-inspired, but I guess I should've figured. The catalogue that came out months ago was mostly black, bright green, and silvery chromey stuff.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't like the crests, but everything else is actually pretty good for a one-off. I wish there were a better crest for All-Star Games than just the league's logo heeeey wait a second

1uff53hb32egb77tpfwtjlhyf.gif

IT'S MADE OF STICKS

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I like what I'm seeing so far, but I'll wait to see the name/number treatment.

The '80s All-Star shield is fantastic. I would buy a shirt with just that on it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't like the crests, but everything else is actually pretty good for a one-off. I wish there were a better crest for All-Star Games than just the league's logo heeeey wait a second1uff53hb32egb77tpfwtjlhyf.gifIT'S MADE OF STICKS

Thank you, admiral, for blowing my mind…

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

While I am not a very religious person, to say the least, I am praying to God that those aren't real, and it's just some sick, twisted, pathetic, sad joke. Who would' ve thought that this season in sports we'd see a rather tame and traditional NBA All Star Game jersey designed by the wacky and unconventional Adidas and a horrible, flashy, out of control NHL All Star Game jersey designed by the mega-traditional, generic, and somewhat boring Rebok? Quite a role reversal indeed.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Puke.

I was hoping for something a little more CBJ-inspired, but I guess I should've figured. The catalogue that came out months ago was mostly black, bright green, and silvery chromey stuff.

I really wish the NHL would use elements from the host team's look for the ASG jerseys. They did it in 2004 and it looked pretty sweet:

MARLEAU_03_slide.jpg

Archived