Chewbacca

2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

He's not the focus of that photograph, but hot damn, I would donate $1,000 on Kickstarter just to punch Zach Braff in the face.

Donate $2,000 or more: You get to punch Zach Braff in the face while wearing a class ring.

Risks: Well, Zach Braff might not want to be punched in the face. We haven't approached him yet.

Seriously, it looks like that logo was made to be a jersey crest. It's the best visuals to ever represent the Canucks--by far.

Couldn't agree more. Instant upgrade.

Welp, life, it's been a great run, but I think Goth and I agreeing completely has to be the final sign of the apocalypse. :D

Also, that Stars version with the gold is sexxxy.

As much as I love the Stars new set, I was hoping for gold trim. Hopefully in the next few years we see an alt with gold included?

That green & gold version is pretty sharp.

Yes. Why is this not their jersey right now?

gold-green.png?format=1000w

What they ended up with is fine, but this.... oh my, this.

The gold looks like it reflects/shines. Maybe it would've been to hard or expensive to produce on a massive scale, for players/prospects/fans/etc.

I doubt it. Several teams used a dazzle fabric in striping to show metallic colors before the switch to the edge in 2007* and it didn't seem to be a problem at the time.

*Off the top of my head: Anaheim, San Jose (later changed to flat gray), St. Louis (later changed to flat blue), Minnesota, Nashville (kept using the dazzle fabric after the edge takeover), Pittsburgh, Vancouver, Washington.

Pittsburgh (pre-edge) was the first team I thought of - they used a gold that was shiny and it looked awesome. And I might be wrong...but didn't Ottawa's black alternates (with the laurel leaves) have a shiny metallic to them?

And yeah, Vancouver's silver and Washington's bronze are good examples too.

I sent that to the Icethetics blogger a short time ago. He just added that to the site and his Twitter feed.

Should be interesting to see what the Kings come up with this time.

I really have no idea what the kings could possibly do. I would love to see a modern version of their purple and gold uni.

Based on the ad, probably white. And with the "LA" mark from last year's Stadium jersey, could we just see a white version of last year's jersey?

I can appreciate looking at every available option but man some of these proposed designs would have made the Star's first Edge set look like a masterstroke of design... Like this uninspired "Habs" rip off...

PJXf3Ou.png

This all around disaster...

XeUoNOL.png

And look, they almost pulled a Calgary Flames... :puke:

xpJCN23.png

The flag patch would have at least made some sense for the Stars. In that iteration, it would be team colors, and they're the only team in Texas. Unlike Calgary with the Alberta flag.

And yeah, copying the Canadiens stroke for stroke and just reversing the blue and red? There's no way Montreal or the NHL would have let them come out with that. (Although, we do live in a post-Tampa Maple Wings world so maybe.)

The guys in that video who were saying "I thought we should look at other colours/I fought for red, white, and blue" are idiots. You're the Stars ffs.

Puke.

I was hoping for something a little more CBJ-inspired, but I guess I should've figured. The catalogue that came out months ago was mostly black, bright green, and silvery chromey stuff.

Oh good Lord those are horrible.

I don't like the crests, but everything else is actually pretty good for a one-off. I wish there were a better crest for All-Star Games than just the league's logo heeeey wait a second

1uff53hb32egb77tpfwtjlhyf.gif

IT'S MADE OF STICKS

I like what I'm seeing so far, but I'll wait to see the name/number treatment.

The '80s All-Star shield is fantastic. I would buy a shirt with just that on it.

I don't like the crests, but everything else is actually pretty good for a one-off. I wish there were a better crest for All-Star Games than just the league's logo heeeey wait a second1uff53hb32egb77tpfwtjlhyf.gifIT'S MADE OF STICKS

Thank you, admiral, for blowing my mind…

While I am not a very religious person, to say the least, I am praying to God that those aren't real, and it's just some sick, twisted, pathetic, sad joke. Who would' ve thought that this season in sports we'd see a rather tame and traditional NBA All Star Game jersey designed by the wacky and unconventional Adidas and a horrible, flashy, out of control NHL All Star Game jersey designed by the mega-traditional, generic, and somewhat boring Rebok? Quite a role reversal indeed.

Puke.

I was hoping for something a little more CBJ-inspired, but I guess I should've figured. The catalogue that came out months ago was mostly black, bright green, and silvery chromey stuff.

I really wish the NHL would use elements from the host team's look for the ASG jerseys. They did it in 2004 and it looked pretty sweet:

MARLEAU_03_slide.jpg