2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I am not a very religious person, to say the least, I am praying to God that those aren't real, and it's just some sick, twisted, pathetic, sad joke. Who would' ve thought that this season in sports we'd see a rather tame and traditional NBA All Star Game jersey designed by the wacky and unconventional Adidas and a horrible, flashy, out of control NHL All Star Game jersey designed by the mega-traditional, generic, and somewhat boring Rebok? Quite a role reversal indeed.

I don't know...

0716-rbk15-106.jpg?format=500w

0716-rbk15-107.jpg?format=500w

0716-rbk15-124.jpg?format=750w

While I am not a very religious person, to say the least, I am praying to God that those aren't real, and it's just some sick, twisted, pathetic, sad joke. Who would' ve thought that this season in sports we'd see a rather tame and traditional NBA All Star Game jersey designed by the wacky and unconventional Adidas and a horrible, flashy, out of control NHL All Star Game jersey designed by the mega-traditional, generic, and somewhat boring Rebok? Quite a role reversal indeed.

I don't know...

0716-rbk15-106.jpg?format=500w

0716-rbk15-107.jpg?format=500w

0716-rbk15-124.jpg?format=750w

Looks like the Jets' number font.

Does anyone even buy all-star merch? Especially if they look like they've been attacked by a highlighter?

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Nameplates not being in italic to match the numbers bothers me, but I like the neon green and black/graphite together. I think it should be an eye-catching game for the three people who actually watch it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

In what universe is Reebok "mega-traditional"?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

In what universe is Reebok "mega-traditional"?
Also...Adidas and Reebok are the same company.

I feel like this is the nhl seeing what the NFL did and doing iyt in their own way.

So **** the nfl basicallyf or starting this tacky trend.

Also, while I dont mind the idea of having the sheild in chrome, there still should be a contrast between the background of the sheild and the letters and lines.

Did a quick mock-up of full-bodied Johnny Canuck in front of the Millionaires V. No matter what the size of Johnny Canuck in front of the V (I might have him too big as it is now), I agree with Lee in that Johnny Canuck in the roundel like they have it in the Strength & Conditioning logo would be the best place to start.

8RBoQj4.png

That is BEAUTIFUL. I prefer the white V on blue than the green version. It pops out better and it would be consistent with the white jersey numbers and captain's C.

All I would do is add a green border on both the white and blue V's and the rest of the jersey font. The Johnny V-head, aka, the Vachon cakes rip-off, would be discontinued.

That would be fantastic for the Canucks.

My version from last year has the Millionaires' block V outlined in green, and it is a bit larger relative to Johnny Canuck. While Johnny's colours went off a bit, I think this is a good combination.

original.jpg?w=800&h

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

It's great that the logos aren't chromed to heck, but the same template? It's one step forward, two steps back.

Plus the orange making a comeback on the Sharks uniforms is just bad. It looks really out of place, even moreso than their current home/road set.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

While Icethetics has the Kings in their normal pants, the leak from a Kings blogger Thursday night specifically mentions white pants for the Kings. This would have them perfectly matching the template in use for the Sharks, top-to-bottom:

Helmet: Color 1

Shoulders: Color 2

Chest Stripe: Color 3

Belly/Sleeves/Pants/Sock Top: Color 1

Sock Stripe: Color 3

Sock Bottom: Color 2

Either way, let's be thankful there's only one Stadium Series game this year. What an awful, thoroughly Reebok design.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived