2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Logan Couture ✔ @Logancouture

@brodiebrazilCSN Wish the NHL let players have input....

https://twitter.com/Logancouture/status/543475613378424832

I feel like this needs to be a bigger deal
He shouldn't feel bad in this particular instance... the Sharks themselves probably didn't have much input.

So, I'm still on the "i like this" train of thought but I agree with the general sentiment of the collar being a cluster-you-know-what is spot on.

I'm a little disappointed that the back of the jersey is only teal as well. I mean if you are going to do it, go all the way.

Also I think the socks need to flip the black and teal as i can picture the black on the top of the socks looking like a weird extension of the pants. Like someone wearing running tights under shorts.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

No offense to Logan Couture, but giving players input on design decisions would be opening Pandora's Box of bad uniforms... like if he really did care about ugly uniforms, why did it take this long for him to comment? I mean, he plays for the Sharks, so he's been playing in some average-at-best uniforms for some time now.

Now that I've talked this out aloud, what are the chances that Logan Couture is the "stripes are too heavy" culprit? This uniform would certainly be the tipping point if those were his feelings...

Also I think the socks need to flip the black and teal as i can picture the black on the top of the socks looking like a weird extension of the pants. Like someone wearing running tights under shorts.

The Caps had that same "capris" look before flipping their socks stripes a few years ago...

capitals.jpg

...looked awful. Kinda like these turds.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

No offense to Logan Couture, but giving players input on design decisions would be opening Pandora's Box of bad uniforms... like if he really did care about ugly uniforms, why did it take this long for him to comment? I mean, he plays for the Sharks, so he's been playing in some average-at-best uniforms for some time now.

Now that I've talked this out aloud, what are the chances that Logan Couture is the "stripes are too heavy" culprit? This uniform would certainly be the tipping point if those were his feelings...

Maybe he didn't see it until recently like the rest of us. I think the problem is that the uniforms are a surprise and they are forced to wear it. Maybe he's simply asking for the designers to approach them and just offer suggestions on what they might like to see.

Go A's!

That sounds like a terrible idea.

I dont think players could come up with anything much worse than what Reebok's team has over the past seven years.

Plus, wasn't that CCSLCer in the Sharks' system? I'd trust his judgement. :D

I dont think players could come up with anything much worse than what Reebok's team has over the past seven years.

Have you seen any beer league hockey or roller hockey league??

There are some incredibly awful jerseys in those leagues. And most of them are designed or picked my the players....

Have you seen any beer league hockey or roller hockey league??

There are some incredibly awful jerseys in those leagues. And most of them are designed or picked my the players....

I'm not advocating giving players the chance to actually design the uniforms, but some input could possibly help. Again, it's not like Reebok's Master Designers would be much better...

blake-comeau.jpg

dany-heatley-new-black-senators-jersey.j

139111605.jpg

I'm not advocating giving players the chance to actually design the uniforms, but some input could possibly help. Again, it's not like Reebok's Master Designers would be much better...

blake-comeau.jpg

As bad as that template is, I could live with it if they ditched the clash flag. Now that they have a good secondary logo (on a so-so jersey) there's no excuse not to.

ODXRgHf.jpg

As bad as that template is, I could live with it if they ditched the clash flag. Now that they have a good secondary logo (on a so-so jersey) there's no excuse not to.

ODXRgHf.jpg

Ditch the piping and side paneling and I could really live with that sweater for a while.

Archived