2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No offense to Logan Couture, but giving players input on design decisions would be opening Pandora's Box of bad uniforms... like if he really did care about ugly uniforms, why did it take this long for him to comment? I mean, he plays for the Sharks, so he's been playing in some average-at-best uniforms for some time now.

Now that I've talked this out aloud, what are the chances that Logan Couture is the "stripes are too heavy" culprit? This uniform would certainly be the tipping point if those were his feelings...

A good example: one of the reasons the Kings switched to their current uniforms was supposedly because the players liked them.

No offense to Logan Couture, but giving players input on design decisions would be opening Pandora's Box of bad uniforms... like if he really did care about ugly uniforms, why did it take this long for him to comment? I mean, he plays for the Sharks, so he's been playing in some average-at-best uniforms for some time now.

Now that I've talked this out aloud, what are the chances that Logan Couture is the "stripes are too heavy" culprit? This uniform would certainly be the tipping point if those were his feelings...

A good example: one of the reasons the Kings switched to their current uniforms was supposedly because the players liked them.

There's a difference between allowing players' preference in things already designed and letting them in on the design process.

Compared to the bland-as-paint wordmark jerseys, that were regrettably used for 7 excruciating seasons, the new set is a godsend. The logo is undoubtedly the best they can do without going the throwback route, and the contemporary striping on the sleeves & hem fit well. Unfortunately, the shoulder yokes prevent it from looking great.

Apart from the orange piping, which needs to go from both jerseys (because of the phantom yoke on the home and getting rid of that on one jersey and not the other would be strange) what's wrong with the yoke on the away?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Ducks roads aren't that bad, really. There are some fixes I'd make, but as they are now they're still preferable to the bland wordmark jerseys they just got rid of.

On that note, I think Ducks VS Stars is a better uniform matchup than Ducks VS Blues.

And Blues vs Stars is better still.

The Ducks roads aren't that bad, really. There are some fixes I'd make, but as they are now they're still preferable to the bland wordmark jerseys they just got rid of.

On that note, I think Ducks VS Stars is a better uniform matchup than Ducks VS Blues.

And Blues vs Stars is better still.

I have to admit, seeing both of those jerseys together is stunning. that Dallas green really pops on tv and the blues are just, gorgeous

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived