2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

What I think the Avs should do... Its an easy switch. removing the piping and add the arm stripes.

avsca_zps3d02d62f.png

That would be a decent improvement. Speaking of the Avs, I would like to see them try a third jersey with the old Rockies logo.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I think the Avs should do... Its an easy switch. removing the piping and add the arm stripes.

That would be a decent improvement. Speaking of the Avs, I would like to see them try a third jersey with the old Rockies logo.

Pretty sure NJ has the rights to that logo.

avsca_zps3d02d62f.png

I'd be happy with that...at least it would get rid of that awful piping they're still wearing.

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

We all thought the exact same thing about the Coyotes when the Jets came back and Winnipeg is allowed to sell merchandise with the old logo. I think it's actually the NHL who has the rights to the logos and not individual teams.

Anyone knows if the Ducks will bring back their throwback uniform for another time this season? I think i saw on Icethetics that they were supposed to but i don't know if they're gonna do it. Hope they will

The Ducks aren't bringing their throwback back for anymore games. The throwback jersey was a one-time thing unfortunately. :( On the other hand though, I'm pretty sure that the Ducks will wear their Stadium Series jersey for at least one more game, though I could be wrong about that.

We all thought the exact same thing about the Coyotes when the Jets came back and Winnipeg is allowed to sell merchandise with the old logo.

The NHL transferred the rights to the old Jets logos to the new Jets. It's still possible that the Rockies logo belongs to the Devils. Regardless, the Devils consider the Rockies part of their history. I doubt they'd be ok with the Avalanche using the Rockies' logo.

Anyone knows if the Ducks will bring back their throwback uniform for another time this season? I think i saw on Icethetics that they were supposed to but i don't know if they're gonna do it. Hope they will

The Ducks aren't bringing their throwback back for anymore games. The throwback jersey was a one-time thing unfortunately. :( On the other hand though, I'm pretty sure that the Ducks will wear their Stadium Series jersey for at least one more game, though I could be wrong about that.

I wouldn't be surprised if they brought out the throwbacks for another game, but it has not been announced.

It's all but confirmed that they will wear the Stadium Series jersey again, but I don't believe it's been formally announced.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

We all thought the exact same thing about the Coyotes when the Jets came back and Winnipeg is allowed to sell merchandise with the old logo.

The NHL transferred the rights to the old Jets logos to the new Jets. It's still possible that the Rockies logo belongs to the Devils. Regardless, the Devils consider the Rockies part of their history. I doubt they'd be ok with the Avalanche using the Rockies' logo.

I highly doubt they would like that either, however, if the new Jets are allowed to have the old Jets stuff, (Which I'm sure the Coyotes probably aren't too pleased with either.) then why wouldn't the Avs' be allowed to sell merchandise with the old Rockies logo on it now that they have had a team back in Colorado since 1995. I find that this is actually quite an interesting subject. Hopefully somebody who actually knows how that works will eventually spill the beans on that.

I wouldn't be surprised if they brought out the throwbacks for another game, but it has not been announced.

It's all but confirmed that they will wear the Stadium Series jersey again, but I don't believe it's been formally announced.

With how much praise the Ducks got when they wore the throwbacks, I can't see why they wouldn't wear it for at least another game. I know for a fact that the Mighty Ducks throwback was very popular with fans when they wore it earlier this year. Also, it looks like the Flames will be wearing their retro jersey for at least one game this season. They have been practicing with the retro socks and pants.

From an out of town fans perspective, the Ducks management/front office doesn't appear to be the sharpest tools in the shed, so I don't think they was ever a chance to have the retros worn more than once. Much like the Flames, who I am surprised to have seen wear the retro stuff.

I thought it was only the Islanders and the Kings were going to wear the Stadium Series jerseys later.

IEI5Tg1.png

I highly doubt they would like that either, however, if the new Jets are allowed to have the old Jets stuff, (Which I'm sure the Coyotes probably aren't too pleased with either.) then why wouldn't the Avs' be allowed to sell merchandise with the old Rockies logo on it now that they have had a team back in Colorado since 1995. I find that this is actually quite an interesting subject. Hopefully somebody who actually knows how that works will eventually spill the beans on that.

LOL, I don't think the Coyotes are in position to be unpleased with anything that happens to them. If the King of Quebec came to a Coyotes game, walked on to center(re) ice, opened up his kingly robe and dropped a steaming turd right on the Coyotes logo, the team would probably start taping their sticks on the ice while management simply shrugs their shoulders while the city council starts making it rain by throwing more taxpayer dollars at the turd on the ice.

Also since the league owned the Coyotes, they probably made the Jets logos part of the deal for TNSE to purchase the Atlanta team. I forget their name already.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

With how much praise the Ducks got when they wore the throwbacks, I can't see why they wouldn't wear it for at least another game. I know for a fact that the Mighty Ducks throwback was very popular with fans when they wore it earlier this year. Also, it looks like the Flames will be wearing their retro jersey for at least one game this season. They have been practicing with the retro socks and pants.

I am pretty sure they will be wearing the retro jerseys on Joe Nieuwendyk's "Forever a Flame" night.

LOL, I don't think the Coyotes are in position to be unpleased with anything that happens to them. If the King of Quebec came to a Coyotes game, walked on to center(re) ice, opened up his kingly robe and dropped a steaming turd right on the Coyotes logo, the team would probably start taping their sticks on the ice while management simply shrugs their shoulders while the city council starts making it rain by throwing more taxpayer dollars at the turd on the ice.

Wait, that ISN'T a normal Coyotes game?

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Yes probably. But since they think their new alternate is bad luck(they went 0-8 in those), maybe they'll decide to switch to the retros (if they have another game scheduled with the alternate). That'd be cool, especially if it means a new look in a near future !

Also since the league owned the Coyotes, they probably made the Jets logos part of the deal for TNSE to purchase the Atlanta team. I forget their name already.

LMAO! You're probably right. TNSE stands for: True North Sports & Entertainment. I'll keep dreaming for the day the Avs' will bring back the Rockies logo.

Yes probably. But since they think their new alternate is bad luck(they went 0-8 in those), maybe they'll decide to switch to the retros (if they have another game scheduled with the alternate). That'd be cool, especially if it means a new look in a near future !

The Flames will continue to use their new third jersey, I guarantee it. I know they opted not to use them the last time they were supposed to be worn but I just can't see the Flames discontinue their new jersey so quickly over superstition. I can't see the Flames dropping it when they could continue wearing it and make a bit more money in jersey sales. That jersey is actually a half-decent jersey, even with the wordmark. Any team that brings out a new alternate jersey must use it for at least two years, even though Buffalo's Turd Burger is so freaking bad that the NHL is probably begging the Sabres to drop that piece of crap and start over. XD

If nothing else, the Jets logos were solely NHL property when the league bought the bankrupt Coyotes. They then were in a position to decide what got sold to the new Thrashers owners and Coyotes owners. Might have been easier to do.

That would make a lot of sense. Back to the Flames so called unlucky third jersey. If the Flames wore that jersey as the home jersey instead of a third jersey, it would have wins by now. It's just that the Flames timing for using the jersey has been really bad. Even Buffalo's Turd Burger has been worn in a game the Sabres won so if they can win in that piece of atrocious crap, then the Flames will eventually win in their new third jersey. As the Jets' owner Mark Chipman once said: "It's not a matter of if, it's just a matter of when." Also, I was wondering, now that the Olympics are over, (Yay, Canada won!) has anyone heard anything about the Panthers wearing a throwback next year? I'm wondering because I heard they were going to wear one this year but the NHL supposedly didn't allow it.

Archived