2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's terrible

Well as a fan of what could be classified as the worst uniform set in the NHL, you would know what's terrible.

Why yes, because the fans are totally, one hundred percent involved in the design process of their favourite team's uniform.

--

This Kings jersey isn't particularly good on it's own, but white pants? What were they thinking?

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I gotta say: I think this looks great!

I don't know why everybody doesn't like it.

I could write a dissertation on everything wrong with this uniform and why white pants aren't aesthetically pleasing in hockey, but I'm just gonna respond with "fair enough" instead :D

OK, I'm not in hockey at all. But I think the whole look itself is very nice. For example when I imagine these as soccer uniforms.

Imo the white shorts fit pretty well with the shirt and the socks.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

To be honest, I mostly like the Sharks' version of that; and, unlike everyone else, I kinda like the collar. The Kings, however, mostly missed. I could see it maybe working with the silver and white reversed.

What I didn't notice when the Sharks unveiled theirs are the sleeve numbers that can be seen by the Mars rover.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Its a one off jersey meant to look completely different... Its not a hard concept to grasp people. Sure a lot of people here could design a better looking classic jersey but thats not what they are going for. I think its fine and serves its purpose.

At the press conference for the Penguins, head coach was wearing a jacket, with the skating penguin logo, with the brighter yellow. The jacket also had the bright yellow as accents. Just fashion choice for the day? or hopefully a sign of changing times?

AmPJ0Ty.png 

B5BO_6nCIAAUqpc.jpg

B5BO0qBCUAA4Xmh.jpg

B5BO_NSCcAADgD2.jpg

Horrible... Kings are going to look like an absolute laughingstock.

No. The Buffalo Sabres look like a laughing stock with that yellow/blue abomination. This is just an average design. The only thing wrong with it, are the large arm numbers. It just doesn't work for the Kings. The grey... and not silver isn't a good base for this look. This would work better for a team like Carolina or Vancouver, but not the Kings. You need to strong colors separated by a white color like the Sharks or a strong color with white on the bottom, separated by a second strong accent color. It's just not the right look for the Kings.

So they make the numbers huge and the design simple to make it easier to see from afar, but then at the same time add a pointless "carbon fiber finish" which is barely visible at all, especially from a distance? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. All the carbon design adds is a dull sheen to the logos, which the marketing geniuses at Reebok somehow claim creates a "greater visual impact". How do people with such a lack of basic design knowledge and skill make it so far in the industry? And don't even get me started on the white pants. Simply making them black would have improved the entire look by 50%, but apparently when you're going for ugly, you have to go all out.

Archived