2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's so hard about making the gold uniform, or the previous "forum blue" iteration, a full time alternate? Enough with these half measures, it's not like the Kings have a shortage of recent designs to choose from

It is their alternate. They are just smart about their alternates, using them a few times a year and that's it. They have their brand that they don't want to muddy with an alternate. Trust me, a few years ago you would walk into Staples Center and see jerseys from every era for each game and someone who went with me to the game who isn't a hockey fan asked, "What are their colors?" Now you see black and white with a few purple and golds in their. They will wear their yellow for about three games next year too. They see the horror and mistake of college football, mlb, and the nba where you don't know what's a team's normal look. You now know the Kings are black and white with silver and will a few times a year celebrate their past with the purple and gold. They've hit perfection on how to do an alternate jersey. Make it so you don't see it all the time, and you want to see it more. Make it special.

What's so hard about making the gold uniform, or the previous "forum blue" iteration, a full time alternate? Enough with these half measures, it's not like the Kings have a shortage of recent designs to choose from

It is their alternate. They are just smart about their alternates, using them a few times a year and that's it. They have their brand that they don't want to muddy with an alternate. Trust me, a few years ago you would walk into Staples Center and see jerseys from every era for each game and someone who went with me to the game who isn't a hockey fan asked, "What are their colors?" Now you see black and white with a few purple and golds in their. They will wear their yellow for about three games next year too. They see the horror and mistake of college football, mlb, and the nba where you don't know what's a team's normal look. You now know the Kings are black and white with silver and will a few times a year celebrate their past with the purple and gold. They've hit perfection on how to do an alternate jersey. Make it so you don't see it all the time, and you want to see it more. Make it special.

Your point makes perfect sense, but isn't there a rule that each team has to wear alternate for x number of games? I thought it was around 10 games minimum.

Your point makes perfect sense, but isn't there a rule that each team has to wear alternate for x number of games? I thought it was around 10 games minimum.

Alternative jerseys, yes you are right(I dont know the min number), but if they have them as "Throwback night" jerseys, they can get around this, see Winter Classic and Stadium series for example, and the NJ Devils green for this as well

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I believe it's 15 games for an alternate in the regular season. Throwbacks and special occasion jerseys (Stadium Series, Winter Classic) are worn on the game basis.

And oddball, I wouldn't classify the Kings throwbacks as an alternate, just a throwback/special occasion night because they don't wear it at all outside of the advertised Retro Nights. The Ducks wearing Mighty Ducks last year wasn't an alternate. The Flames wearing their '80s jerseys once a couple years ago for a retro night wasn't an alternate until they made it one the next season after.

IbjBaeE.png

That does make a lot a sense but I think that even ten games a year wouldn't muddy things down for the Kings, especially with two Championships in Black and White. Oddball, in all honesty, my favorite Kings look is the one that you use as your avatar.

I have a question, does anyone know when the Los Angeles Kings will officially unveil their Yellow Throwback Jersey? I'm a bit surprised that they didn't unveil it when they unveiled their Stadium Series Jersey. Also, Merry Christmas everybody!

The Kings are wearing that gold throwback jersey for their Legends Nights this season.

First time they will wear them is on February 12th against the Flames. Supposed to be Barry Melrose Night.

It's not suppose to be, it will be Barry Melrose Legends Night. And they will unveil the jersey on Thursday February 12 when they wear them, and then wear them again on February 24 and March 7.

I did say that, minus the part about the other two dates.

I believe it's 15 games for an alternate in the regular season. Throwbacks and special occasion jerseys (Stadium Series, Winter Classic) are worn on the game basis.

And oddball, I wouldn't classify the Kings throwbacks as an alternate, just a throwback/special occasion night because they don't wear it at all outside of the advertised Retro Nights. The Ducks wearing Mighty Ducks last year wasn't an alternate. The Flames wearing their '80s jerseys once a couple years ago for a retro night wasn't an alternate until they made it one the next season after.

15 seems kinda high....that'd mean if all 41 home games didn't include a legends night or anything of the sort, that would mean 26 games in the regular sweaters and 15 in the alternate...but then again I do not know.

You may not classify it as an alternate, but the Kings do.

You may not classify it as an alternate, but the Kings do.
No they don't. They specifically classify it as a one-off.

I might be super late to the Winter Classic party with this post, but I found this shirt on Lids (and similar products on Fanatics) with another alternate Caps logo for the game...if it's been mentioned, then that's fine, just continue onward.

http://www.lids.com/NHL/Washington-Capitals/20700583

Great logo, and could be a great full-time logo without the regular WC logo in it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I might be super late to the Winter Classic party with this post, but I found this shirt on Lids (and similar products on Fanatics) with another alternate Caps logo for the game...if it's been mentioned, then that's fine, just continue onward.

http://www.lids.com/NHL/Washington-Capitals/20700583

Great logo, and could be a great full-time logo without the regular WC logo in it.

That is an awesome logo. I'd add a gold border (or any colour) to it just because of how it looks like 3 different parts, though.

Archived