2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Surprised it took someone this long to think of it.

Karl_Alzner.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.lids.com/NHL/Washington-Capitals/20700583

Great logo, and could be a great full-time logo without the regular WC logo in it.

I don't think so. Looks like a military patch that goes on the shoulder of an army vest. Nice design, but I don't think it would work for a hockey jersey.

-----------

On topic: Those Captais Winter Classic uniforms are absolute beauties! It would be a travesty if a uni-combo that looks this good is only used just once.

They need to wear it for a couple more season games, and maybe make it the next alternate.

Does anyone know the significance of the CR on (or is it GR) the back left of the helmets? The Blackhawks had one too.

460962086_slide.jpg

Clint Reif, equipment manager of the Blackhawks, passed away recently. Caps asked the Blackhawks if they could wear the decals too.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Isn't the Caps owner highly against alternates or something? I know they wore the previous WC jerseys again but they're a direct throwback so that's not as crazy. Perhaps this one can become a true alternate.

Well they wear their white alternate a lot still to this day....

Isn't the Caps owner highly against alternates or something? I know they wore the previous WC jerseys again but they're a direct throwback so that's not as crazy. Perhaps this one can become a true alternate.

Like Bmac said, it's a direct throwback.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Caps should go back to wearing a red helmet at home full time.

It would complete the consistency of their current look based on the old one, but I don't know if it would look well when the colors are bright red and a dark navy.

Dallas could have done this as well, but they would encounter the same issue.

Like Bmac said, it's a direct throwback.

But slightly modernized.

Why did the original version of that sweater have "WASHINGTON" in such tiny letters and way off to the side instead of part of the wordmark like it was supposed to be? Noticing that made a terrible sweater even more terrible.

dale_hunter_3.jpg

Awful, awful uniforms. They look like a team out of Slap Shot. The jump to the slate blue and swooping eagle in '95 was one of the biggest upgrades an NHL team ever made, and I don't even like the slate blues that much.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Why did the original version of that sweater have "WASHINGTON" in such tiny letters and way off to the side instead of part of the wordmark like it was supposed to be? Noticing that made a terrible sweater even more terrible.

dale_hunter_3.jpg

Awful, awful uniforms. They look like a team out of Slap Shot. The jump to the slate blue and swooping eagle in '95 was one of the biggest upgrades an NHL team ever made, and I don't even like the slate blues that much.

Admiral, judging by that photo, if I had never seen this jersey before, I would think it sucks too. Give this a thought. Take a look at the Capitals' White Throwback third jersey that they currently use. Everything on it is done right and it is a really, really nice jersey. If the Capitals decide to revive this red jersey with the Reebok Edge Template, it will look way better than it does in this photo. The wordmark would be proper and the jersey itself would properly fit the players. I think it is very possible that you would have a different opinion on this jersey if they brought it back with the current Reebok template.

On topic: Those Captais Winter Classic uniforms are absolute beauties! It would be a travesty if a uni-combo that looks this good is only used just once.

They need to wear it for a couple more season games, and maybe make it the next alternate.

I'm beginning to agree. It's certainly better than the current home uniform, and making a white version would be beyond easy.

I think it is very possible that you would have a different opinion on this jersey if they brought it back with the current Reebok template.

I'm perfectly familiar with the throwback they've been wearing and it still looks awful.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think it is very possible that you would have a different opinion on this jersey if they brought it back with the current Reebok template.

I'm perfectly familiar with the throwback they've been wearing and it still looks awful.

Well it's pretty much gorgeous. Plus the fact that it's white makes for some pretty good looking games with some classic sweaters.

it looks BETTER than their current home and road...it's still pretty much a mess. Too many small details all at once.

Other than stars on the chest and sleeves...what other small details exist that make it too many?

Now that the Winter Classic is out of the way, time to look to next year.

Word is that Boston is up. I would absolutely love to see the Canadiens play them at Fenway, but it`ll most likely end up being the Rangers. This would never happen in a million years, but it would also be cool to see them play the Hurricanes wearing Whalers unis.

Stadium Series rumors are Colorado or Minnesota, or both.

sig.png

Archived