2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that the Winter Classic is out of the way, time to look to next year.

Word is that Boston is up. I would absolutely love to see the Canadiens play them at Fenway, but it`ll most likely end up being the Rangers. This would never happen in a million years, but it would also be cool to see them play the Hurricanes wearing Whalers unis.

Stadium Series rumors are Colorado or Minnesota, or both.

I'd rather see New York get a Winter Classic rather than Boston for the second time.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Word is that Boston is up. I would absolutely love to see the Canadiens play them at Fenway, but it`ll most likely end up being the Rangers. This would never happen in a million years, but it would also be cool to see them play the Hurricanes wearing Whalers unis.

I'd rather see New York get a Winter Classic rather than Boston for the second time.

Technically, New York had two outdoor games... in the same week last year

True, but Stadium Series isn't quite the same as center stage, New Year's Day.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

it looks BETTER than their current home and road...it's still pretty much a mess. Too many small details all at once.

Other than stars on the chest and sleeves...what other small details exist that make it too many?

The sleeve cuffs are pointless and the itty bitty WASHINGTON above the logo just adds to an already crowded look. Really, the stars should be enough to make it too many...there are simply too many of them! 6 on the chest and 5 on each sleeve? It's too much.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Except for the day, it's the same. The games were played at Yankee Stadium, wich means a lot. I think the best WC should be in Colorado or Minnesota, enough with this Stadium Series :censored:.

Except for the day, it's the same. The games were played at Yankee Stadium, wich means a lot. I think the best WC should be in Colorado or Minnesota, enough with this Stadium Series :censored:.

Minnesota SHOULD have the Winter Classic and the Stadium Series should go to Colorado.

New York probably won't get a Winter Classic any time soon. The Rangers aren't allowed to play home games outside of Madison Square Garden without risking MSG's exemption from paying property taxes. That's why they were the road team last year at Yankee Stadium: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/25/sports/hockey/rangers-on-road-in-the-bronx-money-may-be-why.html?_r=0

So for New York to get a Winter Classic, it would either have to be with the Rangers as the road team (presumably against the Islanders or Devils, which probably wouldn't attract many casual fans outside the region and would piss off the team left out) or with the Isles or Devils hosting some other team.

Maybe the Islanders can work their way into the NBC Seven and become a potential host if this year isn't a fluke and if the move to Brooklyn raises their profile. But Yankee Stadium is probably off-limits because of the Pinstripe Bowl. And it would be hard to schedule around two NFL teams at the Meadowlands. That leaves Citi Field, which wouldn't be as sexy to NBC and the NHL as having it in the Bronx at the House that Zelous Wheeler Built.

Minnesota SHOULD have the Winter Classic and the Stadium Series should go to Colorado.

I agree. The fact that teams host (or even participate) multiple times before a team that hasn't hosted or participated isn't fair or logical. And why's St. Louis get the shaft? They've got a phenomenal baseball stadium that would be great. Minnesota's also been an NHL market for almost 60 years minus 7.

IMO, the Caps should've hosted someone else this year and the Blackhawks should've played the Blues at Busch Stadium in 2016.

sig.png

No baseball stadium is great as long as they insist upon plopping the rink in the outfield instead of running it along a foul line and putting up temporary seating.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Following Minnesota's lead, the Jets all appear to be going with tucked-in laces this season. Unlike the Wild, though, who went with the straight-across "Stadium Series" look, the Jets' laces are crisscrossed, like they were laced normally with the ends tucked in.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Maybe the Islanders can work their way into the NBC Seven and become a potential host if this year isn't a fluke and if the move to Brooklyn raises their profile. But Yankee Stadium is probably off-limits because of the Pinstripe Bowl. And it would be hard to schedule around two NFL teams at the Meadowlands. That leaves Citi Field, which wouldn't be as sexy to NBC and the NHL as having it in the Bronx at the House that Zelous Wheeler Built.

Wasn't the Pinstripe Bowl moved to an earlier date this year?

Following Minnesota's lead, the Jets all appear to be going with tucked-in laces this season. Unlike the Wild, though, who went with the straight-across "Stadium Series" look, the Jets' laces are crisscrossed, like they were laced normally with the ends tucked in.

I'm glad you brought this up because I was actually getting ready to say the same thing. I just do not understand why the Wild would want to go with the Stadium Series Style mock-tie. It looks terrible on their jerseys and in my opinion it ruins what is a decent road jersey. Speaking of the Wild, I hope that they change their mind on their green jersey because I'm starting to not like it anymore. Before, it looked a lot better because their road jersey was nothing great and it was the best jersey in their set for quite a while but now that they have a road jersey that's pretty decent and quite a bit better than their green jersey, I think it's time to make a matching green version of it, minus the oversized nameplates and part ways with the red jersey as well and make that the new home jersey.

If I remember correctly, weren't the Rangers rumored to be using a Pinstriped Jersey last year but was axed because of the Yankees?

It was on December 27.

The fact that they haven't had a Winter Classic in Minnesota is a joke, even a stadium series. We are having our second outdoor game in California this year but Minnesota has hardly been considered. With the amount of NHL history in the state, and hockey history in general, it's a shame. Hockey Day Minnesota happens once a year and they have 3 outdoor high school games, A, AA, and a girls game. Plus, they have Target Field which is very new, and very nice...along with TCF Bank Stadium which held a Minnesota Gophers outdoor game already and is also very new.

They have the fan base, a good team, and the facilities.

The NHL's still 3rd-tier in Minnesota hockey fandom, will be until the Wild, paragons of medicority and casual interest, win a Cup, and will revert to it shortly thereafter. The only reason people think Minnesota "deserves" an outdoor game is because it's ungodly cold in the winter. Outside that, they're Raleigh with a guilt complex filling the seats.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived