2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

I'm not sure there's any particular reason for the Devils to keep the Rockies identity, other than fuddy-duddyness. They're not going to use that look in New Jersey, they're not going to move back to Colorado, and my understanding of revenue sharing is that only money from merchandise sold in the team store at the arena stays 100% with the team. I can't see too many people in Newark buying Rockies gear. Really, even that 1/30th cut of opening up the gates to selling Rockies gear in Denver would probably be more than they are making with the IP now.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure there's any particular reason for the Devils to keep the Rockies identity, other than fuddy-duddyness. They're not going to use that look in New Jersey, they're not going to move back to Colorado, and my understanding of revenue sharing is that only money from merchandise sold in the team store at the arena stays 100% with the team. I can't see too many people in Newark buying Rockies gear. Really, even that 1/30th cut of opening up the gates to selling Rockies gear in Denver would probably be more than they are making with the IP now.

IDK....

A lot of people in Denver buy Quebec Nordiques apparel...

When I was in Newark for a random Devils game, I commented to my wife about how many Rockies jerseys and shirts were in the crowd. Not a big number, certainly, but they are represented.

IDK....

But it's usually Sakic or Forsberg stuff. It's basically throwback gear for the great Cup-winning Avs players. It's the same for Ron Francis Whalers stuff in Carolina, Mike Modano North Stars stuff in Dallas or to a lesser extent Tkachuk Jets gear in Phoenix or Selanne Jets gear anywhere.

I can't think of many that have the Rockies-Devils connection.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

IDK....

But it's usually Sakic or Forsberg stuff. It's basically throwback gear for the great Cup-winning Avs players. It's the same for Ron Francis Whalers stuff in Carolina, Mike Modano North Stars stuff in Dallas or to a lesser extent Tkachuk Jets gear in Phoenix or Selanne Jets gear anywhere.

I can't think of many that have the Rockies-Devils connection.

No not really...

Most of the stuff is just a plain logo cap or shirt. Sure there are some jersys of Sakic and Forsberg, but I wouldn't say that is the majority.

For that matter, why the Stars keep the Oakland Seals/California Golden Seals identity.

The Stars dont have this identity and havent since Gordon Gund's ownership interest was "extracted" out of the North Stars in 1991 to form the San Jose Sharks. If any team were to still hold the Seals marks it would be the Sharks, since in a VERY roundabout way, the Sharks are the progeny of the Seals/Barons franchise.

Well, they have been selling replicas of the old black 3rd (not the Stadium Series version) since the start of this season, so who knows.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well, they have been selling replicas of the old black 3rd (not the Stadium Series version) since the start of this season, so who knows.

Thanks for the info.

Lol figures that they would start selling them again only a short time after I searched and searched and finally found one on ebay just before the season started.

I love the black alternate and I feel like a team with "black" in the name should have an alternate (at the very least) that has black as the primary color.

It's been 1 or 2 years now that the Blackhawks have been rumored to bring it back since they don't use their Winter Classic jersey anymore. Even in NHL 14, the black one is shown to the alternate status so, i think it's gonna happen next season. As long as they don't use their Stadium Series one

I'm hoping that at some point in the not too distant future, my Blackhawks permanently bring back the black alternate sweater. (first one in my signature). 2014-15 would be as good a time as any.

I'd be okay with them bringing that back. As long as it's not the Stadium Series version. That thing is atrocious.

I also would love to see the Winter Classic jersey come back too.

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

I'm hoping that at some point in the not too distant future, my Blackhawks permanently bring back the black alternate sweater. (first one in my signature). 2014-15 would be as good a time as any.

I always forget the Blackhawks had an edge version of the that jersey :). There really was no need to replace it in the first place and the straight hem stripes look so much better than the diagonal mess of the stadium series jersey (Just make the hems straight already, how hard is this??)... Speaking of which, I finally got to see the Stadium Replica's in person... I don't know how they did it but Reebok has managed to make them look cheaper and tackier than the premier series. The crest is made from the same material as the shoulder patches.

Archived