2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Yes, they look very good.

As nice as the pre-Edge Flames looked, I'd rather they go to a variation on the '89 uniforms that has just enough black to keep the yellow from bleeding into the white, but primarily restores them to being a red and yellow team.

lol did somebody say mcdoanlds :P
Agreed, but they didn't start wearing black until the mid '90s. :P

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What interests me is that the pre-Edge Selanne jerseys worn during warmups had the new CCM logo on the rear neck and the rear right hem. With Reebok having already reverted to CCM branding in every league but the NHL, is this a sign of things to come?

B7Hbqw-CIAAp-o1_zpsmyauvhwl.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

With a look at the straight hem cut and the how low the shoulder piping is (you can tell faintly by the lighting), it's not just a rebranded Edge jersey.

It's still interesting that they have the newer CCM logo on it though. If I had to guess, I'd assume they just brought a vintage Mighty Ducks-era jersey from CCM's vintage line, but the newer CCM logo negates that theory.

I do remember reading somewhere that Reebok wanted to move their Reebok brand strictly under performance wear and bring everything hockey under their CCM umbrella, which is why you see all of their minor affiliates sporting CCM branded jerseys as you mentioned, and even CCM's new line of player and goalie equipment are taking on the same look of Reebok products. So it wouldn't be too far fetched to see the CCM brand take over for their parent company in regards to rebranding their jerseys.

OttawaSenators.png

Another thing about all those throwbacks the Ducks are wearing tonight is that all the non post 2006 "Ducks" jerseys are CCM reproductions and not just old stock that they have have had lying around.

Two biggest examples: the Wild Wing jersey does have triangular shoulders and is missing the classic Duck-mask shoulder patch. As well, the 2003-06 black third jersey not only has a very small "Anaheim" logo across the front, but is also missing the MD shoulder patch.

DSC_0085213532136_slide.jpg

DSC_0087213535592_slide.jpg

Cleverly noted that they are wearing #13 on that black third as it is the only number Selanne actually ever wore on that jersey.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Yes, they look very good.

As nice as the pre-Edge Flames looked, I'd rather they go to a variation on the '89 uniforms that has just enough black to keep the yellow from bleeding into the white, but primarily restores them to being a red and yellow team.

lol did somebody say mcdoanlds :P

_mg_8923.jpg

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Another thing about all those throwbacks the Ducks are wearing tonight is that all the non post 2006 "Ducks" jerseys are CCM reproductions and not just old stock that they have have had lying around.

Two biggest examples: the Wild Wing jersey does have triangular shoulders and is missing the classic Duck-mask shoulder patch. As well, the 2003-06 black third jersey not only has a very small "Anaheim" logo across the front, but is also missing the MD shoulder patch.

Cleverly noted that they are wearing #13 on that black third as it is the only number Selanne actually ever wore on that jersey.

Absolute shame!!! (not being sarcastic...)

Maybe next time they should just outsource to some of those OffShore vendors you find on ebay (being sarcastic)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

What interests me is that the pre-Edge Selanne jerseys worn during warmups had the new CCM logo on the rear neck and the rear right hem. With Reebok having already reverted to CCM branding in every league but the NHL, is this a sign of things to come?B7Hbqw-CIAAp-o1_zpsmyauvhwl.jpg

It is a sign of things to come, perhaps as early as next season. There will be no new products with the Reebok (or RBK) name or logo on them. The first item to transition was this year's Ribcor stick line. I believe Crosby is the only player to still have a Reebok branded Ribcor stick.

What interests me is that the pre-Edge Selanne jerseys worn during warmups had the new CCM logo on the rear neck and the rear right hem. With Reebok having already reverted to CCM branding in every league but the NHL, is this a sign of things to come?B7Hbqw-CIAAp-o1_zpsmyauvhwl.jpg

It is a sign of things to come, perhaps as early as next season. There will be no new products with the Reebok (or RBK) name or logo on them. The first item to transition was this year's Ribcor stick line. I believe Crosby is the only player to still have a Reebok branded Ribcor stick.

The old CCM is(was) generally on all retro printed jersey's, as CCM has always been the ones to print those retro jerseys, but some of those throwbacks were worn in the Reebok days, and are not even produced for sale anymore.

If Reebok does let CCM become the NHL jersey distributor again, I imagine they will go back to the old cut of the jersey's. I wonder if Adidas is phasing out Reebok as a jersey apparel company?

This is from last year, and talks about Adidas wanting to switch the Reebok logo, with the Adidas one, which could be why Reebok's logo is nowhere to be seen on anything but current NHL jerseys. Outside of Crosby, every sponsored player of Reebok is wearing CCM gear. http://nypost.com/2014/02/01/adidas-may-distance-reebock-from-team-sports/

On a side note, nice touch by the Jets to put the 1993, 100th Stanley Cup Anniversary patch on the jerseys, which was Teemu's rookie year

100th.jpg

Yeah, those two were definitely wrong. I noticed it when I went down to the team store and I laughed in front of the employee standing by the jerseys. They were still charging $1000 for incorrect reproductions. Absolutely asinine. I wasn't going to pay those prices, but even if they were cheaper, I probably would have held back because of that.

As for the actual banner itself, a Mighty notification would have been nice, but really my only complaint is that the name/number should have been bigger. Too much unused black space. But I like the design. Shape is consistent with the team banners and the actual design elements are easily ammendable to any future number retirements, either going back for Kariya's #9 or in the future for possible Getzlaf's #15 or Perry's #10. (Long way off, of course. And the probable future retirements of Giguere's #35 and Niedermayer's #27 would be in Teemu's design.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

A THOUSAND dollars? Jesus, the few times I've followed Wild Wing jerseys on eBay for giggles, they've gotten nowhere near that. And those were, you know, accurate.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The old CCM is(was) generally on all retro printed jersey's, as CCM has always been the ones to print those retro jerseys, but some of those throwbacks were worn in the Reebok days, and are not even produced for sale anymore.

If Reebok does let CCM become the NHL jersey distributor again, I imagine they will go back to the old cut of the jersey's. I wonder if Adidas is phasing out Reebok as a jersey apparel company?

This is from last year, and talks about Adidas wanting to switch the Reebok logo, with the Adidas one, which could be why Reebok's logo is nowhere to be seen on anything but current NHL jerseys. Outside of Crosby, every sponsored player of Reebok is wearing CCM gear. http://nypost.com/2014/02/01/adidas-may-distance-reebock-from-team-sports/

On a side note, nice touch by the Jets to put the 1993, 100th Stanley Cup Anniversary patch on the jerseys, which was Teemu's rookie year

100th.jpg

No plans to return to the old cut of jersey, the only change would be the logo branding. While stranger things have happened, if I were to wager on it I'd say we'll be seeing CCM branded jerseys before anything with the Adidas logo, although that certainly is a possibility.

100th.jpg

So you believe that Reebok, who owns CCM, which makes them the same company, would switch to a far less superior old cut of jerseys from the edge jerseys, just because of a manufacturers logo swap....who happen to be the same company....

Thats a bold prediction....that has about 0 percent chance of happening. If anything the CCM branded jerseys would be more along the lines of the new all star jersey template. The possibility of then making the hem straight eventually is possible, but they will never go to the old cut jerseys.

So you believe that Reebok, who owns CCM, which makes them the same company, would switch to a far less superior old cut of jerseys from the edge jerseys, just because of a manufacturers logo swap....who happen to be the same company....

Funny thing about Reebok EDGE sweaters...the tighter cuts and space-age material meant to wick away sweat were both done away with early into their run due to player complaints. The current EDGE sweaters are, in terms of cut, very close to the CCM/Koho sweaters they replaced. The major differences being the duck-tail hem and the EDGE collars.

A THOUSAND dollars? Jesus, the few times I've followed Wild Wing jerseys on eBay for giggles, they've gotten nowhere near that. And those were, you know, accurate.

Yes. One thousand American dollars. that was for all the extra reproductions that were signed by Teemu. For the ones worn in warmups, they were up to $1,500 depending on who wore them (and also signed them).

That's not to mention the replicas of last year's third jersey and throwback jersey with Teemu's name/number/alternate captain patch and the jersey retirement patch selling for $500 unsigned.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I actually, seriously love the Wild Wing jersey design and I broke into a happy dance when I read that the Ducks were going to reproduce and sell them. When I found out how expensive the jerseys actually were, my heart felt like a tire that had run over a spike. I guess I'll just have to carry on with my hapless quest on EBay for an authentic replica that I can afford.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I think there's a damn solid case for the Lightning hosting one at the old Thunderdome for the Stadium Series. Put 'em up against one of the NBC Seven on a Saturday night, and it'll go well.

YES!!! Play Philly in the Trop to hearken back to the old school mid 90s Lightning.

That would be awesome. I'd certainly try attending that if it were to happen. Even though the Thunderdome setup looked really strange because of the size/layout of the stadium, it looked like a great place to see a game.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

Archived