2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

So you believe that Reebok, who owns CCM, which makes them the same company, would switch to a far less superior old cut of jerseys from the edge jerseys, just because of a manufacturers logo swap....who happen to be the same company....

Funny thing about Reebok EDGE sweaters...the tighter cuts and space-age material meant to wick away sweat were both done away with early into their run due to player complaints. The current EDGE sweaters are, in terms of cut, very close to the CCM/Koho sweaters they replaced. The major differences being the duck-tail hem and the EDGE collars.

Key words...in terms of cut. The materials, the weight, the collars, are all different, and the hems are different. Let's not pretend like they are very similar when they are very different. Reebok also changed hockey socks probably forever. Edge socks are far superior to the old knits.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you believe that Reebok, who owns CCM, which makes them the same company, would switch to a far less superior old cut of jerseys from the edge jerseys, just because of a manufacturers logo swap....who happen to be the same company....

Funny thing about Reebok EDGE sweaters...the tighter cuts and space-age material meant to wick away sweat were both done away with early into their run due to player complaints. The current EDGE sweaters are, in terms of cut, very close to the CCM/Koho sweaters they replaced. The major differences being the duck-tail hem and the EDGE collars.
Key words...in terms of cut. The materials, the weight, the collars, are all different, and the hems are different. Let's not pretend like they are very similar when they are very different. Reebok also changed hockey socks probably forever. Edge socks are far superior to the old knits.
Basically everything except the side panels on Edge jerseys has reverted to the CCM 6100 Air-Knit material. Reinforced shoulders and elbows were also brought back with the Edge 2.0/7287 jersey. The current, Canadian-made authentic NHL jersey is basically the pre-Edge jersey, re-cut in proprietary templates.

I can't speak to the socks, having never been up close with any.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As I said, they stopped using the EDGE material shortly after it was rolled out due to player complaints (it tended to wick the sweat right into the gloves). You have to remember that most sweaters they sell still use the new cuts they rolled out with the EDGE sweaters initially. Cuts they abandoned on the game-worn articles. The EDGE stuff today isn't all that different, really.

As for collars and the hem? I think you're really over-estimating the effect the EDGE collars and duck tails have on performance.

We also have the 2006 Olympic Tournament. All anyone needs to disprove the idea that newer materials and cuts = better performance.

I can't speak for socks though. Played goalie most of my life and I never liked the way they felt. Always opted for sweatpants instead.

The new socks are no longer the heavy knit socks that would soak up ice and get wet and even heavier. The only thing those were good for was they worked okay as a towel if you forgot one.

The new socks are still that moisture wicking material, but I think the players like them better because they're lighter and more comfortable.

anaheim-ducks-reebok-edge-sx100-adult-ho

PvO6ZWJ.png

The new socks are no longer the heavy knit socks that would soak up ice and get wet and even heavier. They worked okay as a towel if you forgot yours.

The new socks are still that moisture wicking material, but I think the players like them better because they're lighter and more comfortable.

Our team switched from the knit to these 2 years ago and they are fantastic. First off they are much lighter and the material is much better. The big thing for me is especially with the white socks, the knit ones would stain and darken and end up not being as white as the jerseys. We also wear yellow on the road because the school would not let us get black (School colors are officially brown, yellow and white) so we are able to match the yellows very easily being that the same company makes the jerseys and socks out of the same material.

From a strictly performance perspective, big improvement.

That makes a lot of sense. Traditional hockey socks felt like knit sweaters for the legs. There's a reason they made great stocking caps.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The new socks are no longer the heavy knit socks that would soak up ice and get wet and even heavier. They worked okay as a towel if you forgot yours.

Our team switched from the knit to these 2 years ago and they are fantastic. First off they are much lighter and the material is much better. The big thing for me is especially with the white socks, the knit ones would stain and darken and end up not being as white as the jerseys. We also wear yellow on the road because the school would not let us get black (School colors are officially brown, yellow and white) so we are able to match the yellows very easily being that the same company makes the jerseys and socks out of the same material.

Question: how do these hold up as far as durability goes? I assume NHL teams are replacing them constantly, but we used to get one pair of socks per season and by the end of the year my knit socks were always a mess of holes and puck marks.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Regarding the neon green in the ASG unis, that is actually a Blue Jackets reference. Neon green was a trim color in the team's early days, we still have a neon green mascot, and there are some fans who would like to see a neon green recoloring of the team's home/away set as an occasional fourth jersey.

Except the original color used on the uniforms was more of a highlighter yellow, and while Stinger himself is neon green, I believe it said in somewhere in all the press release gobbledygook that this design was specifically bringing the "Elite Green" Reebok's used on the inner neck tape for its Indo-Edge jerseys to a more prominent position.

Question: how do these hold up as far as durability goes? I assume NHL teams are replacing them constantly, but we used to get one pair of socks per season and by the end of the year my knit socks were always a mess of holes and puck marks.

These hold up great. We've been using the same set for our second season now with 35 players and a home set and road set for each player with a few extra and have not had to replace them. They do not get holes that I've seen and they are made out of the same material as the jerseys, which means everything can be washed together and the same way. I've really never actually seen puck marks stand out (if they are there). We have the old knit socks that we use as the practice socks now and it's very clear how cheap those look compared to the jersey material socks.

The CHL has switched over to CCM branding and it's the same jerseys, just different patches.

AHL has as well.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

The Coyotes will go back to their originals on March 5th against the Canucks, and did an amazing job adapting the design to the Edge template (or vice-versa).

B7Vg_ovCEAAPxmY_zpsornnzpuw.jpg

Back when you could say "at least they have an interesting look..." If that is official I'm impressed. I didn't think they'd be able to pull off the patterned collar on the edge template and even the yoke is spot on. Can't wait to see them in action again.

The mockup is off the Coyotes' official Twitter feed, so yeah, it's legit.

The Coyotes will go back to their originals on March 5th against the Canucks, and did an amazing job adapting the design to the Edge template (or vice-versa).

B7Vg_ovCEAAPxmY_zpsornnzpuw.jpg

I'm worried for the safety of the Coyotes players. The sheer weight of these is a health hazard that, frankly, I'm not comfortable with.

Well the Avalanche, in my estimation, are out of excuses.

Not that they've ever had a good one to begin with.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Damn do I miss the Picasso logo and that trim. I could do without the font they used or the green shoulders, but overall this is so much more lively than the current look.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The Avs have never had an excuse. Reebok told them they could have carried the mountain striping over. The team chose the templated EDGE design so they could have a new jersey to sell to fans.

Damn do I miss the Picasso logo and that trim. I could do without the font they used or the green shoulders, but overall this is so much more lively than the current look.

I'd like it better if they just used the head of the Picasso Phantom Coyote. The whole body is a bit much.

Archived