2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

r71lRF4.png

Nice design, but the quality of those replicas is pathetic. Have they gone to screen-printed numbers full-time, or no? It seems like replicas are a total crapshoot - either you get numbers made of twill, screen-printed plastic (above), or this weird stiff "compromise" material they use for what are supposed to be multi-layered numbers. Those teeny-tiny NOBs are a nice touch, as well!

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Wonder why they didn't wear these beauts when honoring a "legend" in Rob Blake last night.... Missed opportunity?

I don't think he ever donned the purple and gold, IIRC.
Neither did Ian Laperrière:

BGZbxqZ.png

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

If you buy from the NHL Shop, its suppier Fanatics, FansEdge, or a major retailer, you're gonna get the screened twill crap.

If you buy from a hockey specialty retailer like IceJerseys, River City, CoolHockey, or SportsK, you'll get actual, sewn-together customization. It's usually that way at team stores, too, so it's surprising to see the cheap stuff at the Kings' store.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If you buy from the NHL Shop, its suppier Fanatics, FansEdge, or a major retailer, you're gonna get the screened twill crap.

If you buy from a hockey specialty retailer like IceJerseys, River City, CoolHockey, or SportsK, you'll get actual, sewn-together customization. It's usually that way at team stores, too, so it's surprising to see the cheap stuff at the Kings' store.

depends on the store

Sabres(Sabres Store): real authentic customization, best in the business

Leafs(Real Sports): twill heat pressed into the jersey, and letters heat pressed onto a twill nameplate. Because the leafs are a single colour team, it's passable but uncomfortable. Also can pay an extra 15 for the real deal

Penguins (PensGear): I honestly believe that Dicks Sporting Goods sell better quality jerseys than PensGear does.

The Sabres use Jersey Express, or at least they used to, for customization.

Honestly, for any jersey, getting a blank and having the Sabres/jersey express customize it isnt bad, the first if you are local and the latter if you are local as well, but also if you are shipping in from out of town

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

yellow helmets!

Yup! :) Just like wearing white helmets with white jerseys. The Predators can learn from this and so can the NHL. I always loved the Canucks' home yellow/gold.

Looking forward to watching the Kings play Detroit. Just like when the Canucks hosted Calgary back in the 80's. Red vs yellow. No different than black or blue vs white.

yellow helmets!

Yup! :) Just like wearing white helmets with white jerseys. The Predators can learn from this and so can the NHL. I always loved the Canucks' home yellow/gold.

Looking forward to watching the Kings play Detroit. Just like when the Canucks hosted Calgary back in the 80's. Red vs yellow. No different than black or blue vs white.

I hate to disappoint you but I'm pretty sure Detroit will do nothing more than wear their regular road white jersey. I'd love to see a red vs. yellow game and as a fellow Canuck fan, I would love to see the Canucks wear yellow and have a team such as Calgary wear red. It would be really nice to see Detroit wear red against the Kings when they wear their yellow throwback. I hope I'm wrong about Detroit just wearing their road jersey. Speaking of the Canucks, I just watched their game against the Lightning and I can't believe how many fans I saw wearing Tampa's awful new third jersey.

Yea the logo is the only thing that ruins their new unis. It's awful.

I don't know why they couldn't just re-color the old one.

From what i've heard here, the new owner despises it.

And from looking at nhluniforms.com, the first year the owner had full control, he dropped the jersey with the primary logo, leaving the Dallas script jersey as the primary and only home/away until he could rebrand

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/new-york-islanders-to-don-inaugural-season-threads-for-final-game-at-nassau-coliseum/

The New York Islanders have already brought back the Fisherman jerseys, and, according to the team, the uniforms from the teams inaugural season will be worn for the Isles final home game at Nassau Coliseum...

So they'll wear their current home jerseys with orange numbers instead of white ones.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived