2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

The biggest problem with that "classic" crown logo on a yellow background is the complete lack of contrast. For that reason, they really should have stuck with the forum blues and promoted them to full time alternate, status.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, this didn't take long:

B87QES0CQAEVhP5.jpg

Look at that shoulder yoke and hem stripe! Doesn't the photoshopper know that they'll just weight the jersey down by 0.000000676% and totally slow down the players?

I have an immense need for this jersey.

Well, this didn't take long:

B87QES0CQAEVhP5.jpg

Look at that shoulder yoke and hem stripe! Doesn't the photoshopper know that they'll just weight the jersey down by 0.000000676% and totally slow down the players?

I have an immense need for this jersey.

I think the AHL Sharks just found their jerseys. :)

tumblr_niw224rhjd1sb1ox5o1_500.jpg

First look at the Kings breaking in their new Legends Night geal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,r

Edited by TheLAKnight's cat

They look great. We really need a yellow helmet team back in the NHL.

First look at the Kings breaking in their new Legends Night geal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,r

Edited by TheLAKnight's cat

Nashville could do it. But they don't.

I totally agree. Ever since both the Kings and Canucks went to white in the late 80's, there hasn't been a team to wear yellow/athletic gold as a light colour since.

If the NHL did the right thing and have teams wear the lights at home and Nashville followed the same concept as the Kings(pre-Gretzky) with their yellows, it would create interesting uniform match-ups. Especially against red and green teams.

I totally agree. Ever since both the Kings and Canucks went to white in the late 80's, there hasn't been a team to wear yellow/athletic gold as a light colour since.

If the NHL did the right thing and have teams wear the lights at home and Nashville followed the same concept as the Kings(pre-Gretzky) with their yellows, it would create interesting uniform match-ups. Especially against red and green teams.

After reading this comment, I remembered something I wanted to see before. I wish Nashville made that really nice third jersey of theirs from a few years ago the new home jersey, however, what I really wanted to see was a yellow version of that as their new road jersey. I wish there was at least one NHL team that had a non-white road jersey. Hopefully the Senators will make my wish come true.

Sharks honor Nabokov, give him jersey he never wore during career.

B9nWFE_IcAAf-WJ.jpg

You know they traded for his rights?

So why wouldn't he wear their current sweater... :Oo:

I know they did.

He still never wore that in his time with the Sharks during his playing career. Would have been better to have him wear a jersey he did during his playing time with the team.

It's the norm (most times) when someone retires they have them wear the jersey they wore during their playing days. But because teams just sometimes don't put the effort or for their own branding purposes, they just go with the current look.

Go A's!

Did same thing during his presser https://twitter.com/SanJoseSharks/status/565649635809955840

B9nWFE_IcAAf-WJ.jpg

Could they have given Nabokov a jersey from the time he was a Shark? Since the Sharks are acknowledging his career as a Shark, sure. Does it really matter to me? Not really but I do agree, it would have made more sense to do so.

Is Washington wearing their 3rds for the whole West Coast trip?

After the game against the Sharks, with their track record of using this jersey for an entire roadtrip sometimes, I wouldn't be surprised if they wear it for their entire West Coast trip, though I hope they wear it for the rest of the road games this season.

Did same thing during his presser https://twitter.com/SanJoseSharks/status/565649635809955840

B9nWFE_IcAAf-WJ.jpg

He ended his career today as a member of the current Sharks team, so regardless of whether he played a game in it, it's the proper jersey for him to wear. If he was a player coming back for a number retirement years down the road you might have a point, but not in this case. And it's very common for teams to give former players the current jersey for special events these days, like Mr. Bower below.

johnny_bower.jpg

B9nWFE_IcAAf-WJ.jpg

He ended his career today as a member of the current Sharks team, so regardless of whether he played a game in it, it's the proper jersey for him to wear. If he was a player coming back for a number retirement years down the road you might have a point, but not in this case. And it's very common for teams to give former players the current jersey for special events these days, like Mr. Bower below.

johnny_bower.jpg

I'm sure both those guys are very happy to have received those jerseys. I wish an NHL team would give me one. If Buffalo needs to get rid of the Turd Burger Jerseys they're selling, they should give me an authentic one with Gionta on it.

Archived