2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Names look a lot nicer here than the super-narrow version seen on the replicas.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's weird that the Flames are in white for this. I thought yellow counted as a light-colored helmet.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It was just so jarring to see that on TV. Normally Kings games seem dull and dark. This game was almost obnoxiously bright.

Don't get me wrong, I like the purple and gold. It's unique, and the Kings probably should have kept this scheme for the entirety of their history. (If I was ever to buy a Kings jersey, it'd be this one.) But man, that yellow helmet was just the additional cherry on this banana sundae. Thank god they went without the gold pants.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I thought I heard way back in the offseason they were going to wear gold pants with their throwbacks. I guess they, the team who is about to wear white pants in a stadium game, decided gold pants was a step too far.

PvO6ZWJ.png

They've become another team that's had solid looks, but make drastic changes constantly. Purple/Gold --> Black/Silver ---> Black/Purple/Silver ---> Black/Silver.

I personally loved their Black/Purple/Silver sets. They look best with a bit of purple. As much as I do like the original purple/gold look, I think it's best as just a few times a year thing.

Now that they've won 2 cups wearing their current set, I suggest just sticking with them. Create a solid recognizable brand for yourself. It needs a few tweaks, but it has the foundations of a good set.

sig.png

That Kings set is one of the most overrated NHL sets ever (right up there with the stick-in-rink).

Honestly, the purple-and-black era--once they switched to using the crown by itself as the crest--was the best look the Kings have had.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

That Kings set is one of the most overrated NHL sets ever ( right up there with the stick-in-rink ).Honestly, the purple-and-black era--once they switched to using the crown by itself as the crest--was the best look the Kings have had.

You earned a like from me for that.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Archived