Chewbacca

2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

I have a Turd Burger.

Do you ever wear it in public?

I have a Turd Burger.

Do you ever wear it in public?
I wore it once to school last year, ...Ironically of course.

Names look a lot nicer here than the super-narrow version seen on the replicas.

Maybe the novelty of yellow sweaters has worn off but these look pretty ho-hum.

JThf7Iy.jpgw5z2hBs.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2fQ4d89jXc

Very, very nice. Glad to see the Kings in Golden Yellow. Also, if your American, the Kings are selling these throwbacks on their site! I hope they bring some to Canada. Even though I hate the Kings, I would even buy one of these.

It's weird that the Flames are in white for this. I thought yellow counted as a light-colored helmet.

It was just so jarring to see that on TV. Normally Kings games seem dull and dark. This game was almost obnoxiously bright.

Don't get me wrong, I like the purple and gold. It's unique, and the Kings probably should have kept this scheme for the entirety of their history. (If I was ever to buy a Kings jersey, it'd be this one.) But man, that yellow helmet was just the additional cherry on this banana sundae. Thank god they went without the gold pants.

I thought I heard way back in the offseason they were going to wear gold pants with their throwbacks. I guess they, the team who is about to wear white pants in a stadium game, decided gold pants was a step too far.

Yeah I'm glad they decided to keep the purple pants. They never should have worn head to foot gold in the '70s and it's good that they learned from their mistake.

Couldn't they have debuted the Golds against a real uniform?

They've become another team that's had solid looks, but make drastic changes constantly. Purple/Gold --> Black/Silver ---> Black/Purple/Silver ---> Black/Silver.

I personally loved their Black/Purple/Silver sets. They look best with a bit of purple. As much as I do like the original purple/gold look, I think it's best as just a few times a year thing.

Now that they've won 2 cups wearing their current set, I suggest just sticking with them. Create a solid recognizable brand for yourself. It needs a few tweaks, but it has the foundations of a good set.

Calgary should have worn red (retro's would have been ever better, too bad they are no longer part of their set). It's probably against some rule though to wear color vs. color.

Kings jerseys looked great as a one off but wow that was bright.

That Kings set is one of the most overrated NHL sets ever (right up there with the stick-in-rink).

Honestly, the purple-and-black era--once they switched to using the crown by itself as the crest--was the best look the Kings have had.

That Kings set is one of the most overrated NHL sets ever ( right up there with the stick-in-rink ).Honestly, the purple-and-black era--once they switched to using the crown by itself as the crest--was the best look the Kings have had.

You earned a like from me for that.

I hated the Kings Black/Purple/Silver look because they literally stole the color scheme of another team with the exact same nickname.