2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Caps vs. Pens with both in throwbacks tonight. Major uni pr0n.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ryan Miller posted a pic of his "vintage" maroon and cream pads, so I assume the Canucks will be sporting the Millionaires look again.

I would not be surprised. I think it would be nice if they did. Also, Calgary is thankfully wearing their Throwback later this season for one game. Back to the Canucks, I haven't heard a single word about any plans to wear the Millionaires Jersey this season. Every other team announced their Throwback Nights a while ago. The Canucks could drop a bomb and as I said, I would not be surprised but they haven't even made an announcement yet. I guess they don't have too. When they first brought it out a couple years ago, they announced it in early February. One possibility that I could see is the Canucks wearing the Millionaires Jersey against the Toronto Maple Leafs, but I'm probably wrong.

Caps vs. Pens with both in throwbacks tonight. Major uni pr0n.

I don't know what you mean by Major uni pr0n but I must say, both of those jerseys are outstanding.

Sweet pot-bellied Christ...

B-Ek6_YCcAA3b-N.jpg

They kinda look like they're wearing board shorts. Very California, I guess, but not very hockey. At all.

[sigh].....I want to hate them...with every fiber of my body.... But I can't....

That being said. I don't really like them a whole lot. I think I just like that they're different. Since they're only being worn twice this year, then whatever. Would hate to see something like this become the norm....anywhere.

B-Ek6_YCcAA3b-N.jpg

They kinda look like they're wearing board shorts. Very California, I guess, but not very hockey. At all.

[sigh].....I want to hate them...with every fiber of my body.... But I can't....

That being said. I don't really like them a whole lot. I think I just like that they're different. Since they're only being worn twice this year, then whatever. Would hate to see something like this become the norm....anywhere.

With White Shorts , I think there can be a lot of dislike because we aren't used to seeing it on the ice. I don't care too much for the white shorts and I agree with you, I don't like them a whole lot myself but as you say, they're different and I think it is a nice change. It's definitely bold. The Stadium Series seems to be about trying new things and as much as I don't like either Stadium Series Jersey this year, for the two games the Kings will sport white pants, as much as I'm not a big fan of them, it will be interesting to see. If this was about to become the Kings' new alternate jersey, I would completely agree with the backlash over using white pants but for only two games, I'm okay with it. Speaking of the Stadium Series, I heard something about the Sharks looking at making their Stadium Series Jersey their new alternate, however, I hope that turns out to be false. Does anyone know anything about this rumour?

I haven't seen or heard anything suggesting the Sharks adopting the SS jersey as an alternate. I would hope not though. They make a few tweaks here and there and I wouldn't mind, I kinda like it better than their boring black jersey.

If the black went all the way around the jersey and they didn't have the elongated numbers, as well as the carbon-fiber crest, then it would work as an alternate. As of right now, I much prefer the black jersey. With their recent and super lousy home/road jersey change, I wish they would have just made a white version of the black third. If I was in charge of San Jose's last jersey change, I would have made a white version of the black jersey to not only eliminate the Sharkachu logo, but to also eliminate orange from the jersey striping. I also would have made the Diamond Fin logo the new shoulder patch and for an alternate, I'd have the Sharks' wear their original teal jersey and pull an Edmonton/Islanders/Philly/Hopefully Pittsburgh and phased that in as the new home/road set.

You're right on the SS tweaks.

You can't get rid of orange though, I guess it's not a popular opinion but I think the orange is fantastic.

I'd rather have silver and the Original Sharks Jerseys back. I think those were fantastic and they kind of remind me of the Hartford Whalers.

B-Ek6_YCcAA3b-N.jpg

Shush, Gary might hear you and make that happen and then we would all be screwed. He would make everybody wear bright coloured pants and parade around in them after he sticks advertisements on them and ships them off to Las Vegas and Toronto.

NOT THIS GUY AGAIN!

B-Ek6_YCcAA3b-N.jpg

Shush, Gary might hear you and make that happen and then we would all be screwed. He would make everybody wear bright coloured pants and parade around in them after he sticks advertisements on them and ships them off to Las Vegas and Toronto.

Oh dear God..... What have I done?

B-Ek6_YCcAA3b-N.jpg

Dear God what have I done?

Made Gary's day because after he reads this he will ask his best friends at Reebok to start up the production line and then he will call up the marketing department to make sure nobody hears about it until the very last second and then they will plaster ads everywhere on the players skates, Jerseys and god knows where else.

NOT THIS GUY AGAIN!

Ryan Miller posted a pic of his "vintage" maroon and cream pads, so I assume the Canucks will be sporting the Millionaires look again.

Maybe to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Millionaires Stanley cup victory? (March 26 1915).

Since they beat the original Ottawa Senators in the finals it would have been kinda cool if they played the Sens that night.

Anyway I like LA's white pants. There I said it.

The Catch of the Day!

Maybe to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Millionaires Stanley cup victory? (March 26 1915).

Since they beat the original Ottawa Senators in the finals it would have been kinda cool if they played the Sens that night.

But of course this is the NHL so, obviously, they will be playing the Avalanche that night.

I haven't seen or heard anything suggesting the Sharks adopting the SS jersey as an alternate. I would hope not though. They make a few tweaks here and there and I wouldn't mind, I kinda like it better than their boring black jersey.

Reduce the numbers to a normal size and I'm sold. The current alternate is an abomination.

The Flyers honored Eric Desjardins and inducted him into their team hall of fame. On their jerseys they wore a patch with his #37 inside a black circle. That made it look like he died.

Glad it wasn't just me.

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one. I was confused until they referenced him behind them. Maybe they could do with something like bright yellow to be, like, you know, the opposite of death.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

For anyone who thought, "Well, maybe the Kings' white pants will look better in actual game action":

No.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived