2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If every team had sleeve numbers like this game, I never would've had to get eyeglasses for when I'm commentating hockey games.

The whole thing is ruined by the leotard look. Hockey players don't want to look like they're wearing leotards, that's for figure skating. Uniforms are split up with different things being different colors, and when they're not, they're separated by horizontal stripes...that's how it's been since the game started. Leotards are bad.

With a few tweaks, like flipping the socks, maybe a hemline stripe, I could love the Sharks jerseys. and with black pants, I could like the Kings jerseys, but until then, I don't.

I think they're using multiple sets of pants for LA, I was wondering if the players would sweat through them and NBC Sports would have to alter their closeups to avoid showing everyone's jocks, but it hasn't been a problem yet, surprisingly.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Sad part is, his vintage pads would go better with their standard jerseys. Most of the old AHL jerseys didn't bother with hemline stripes, so he'd look pretty properly vintage with San Jose

am66-67.jpg

...but would the brown pads slow him down? We know how adding ink slows you down...

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

For anyone who thought, "Well, maybe the Kings' white pants will look better in actual game action":

No.

I didn't mind them to be honest with you. Granted I didn't watch alot of the game. I got stuck watching CBC's feed (I abandoned CBC earlier this season, after 30 years of loyal viewing, due to all the losers that were brought over and ran off to the Rogers Center Ice package) and got stuck listening to one of the worst play by play guys out there (Paul Romanuk). I tried to watch the game on mute but it wasn't the same so I watched a movie instead.

Man I want to punch this guy in the face.

2exrmnr.jpg

The Catch of the Day!

For anyone who thought, "Well, maybe the Kings' white pants will look better in actual game action":

No.

I didn't mind them to be honest with you. Granted I didn't watch alot of the game. I got stuck watching CBC's feed (I abandoned CBC earlier this season, after 30 years of loyal viewing, due to all the losers that were brought over and ran off to the Rogers Center Ice package) and got stuck listening to one of the worst play by play guys out there (Paul Romanuk). I tried to watch the game on mute but it wasn't the same so I watched a movie instead.

Man I want to punch this guy in the face.

2exrmnr.jpg

I agree with you, the white pants were okay for a change. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that CBC has gone to hell since they were taken over by Sportsnet. One thing that I hate about HNIC now is that they replaced After Hours with Sportsnet's HockeyCentral. I think you got the wrong guy with Paul Romanuk. He's better than Mark Lee, and I'd even say that he's better than Dave Reinsdorf. He seems like a decent commentator to me. Why do you despise him as much as you say you do? I really liked him as a commentator when he was covering the Spengler Cup and I actually haven't minded him on HNIC either. If there's a new CBC person I'd like to smack, it isn't Paul Romanuk, it's George Stroumboulopoulos.

Considering their concerns over uniform weight I'm sure the Sharks owners are dead set against uniform ads...

No doubt, well, I hope so at least. If you told them that the Ads can make a jersey lighter and the players faster, they would probably consider it. XD I wish that the Sharks would start to be a little more concerned about wearing a decent Hockey Jersey again. I hope that the Sharks Prototypes from when they first joined the NHL surface somewhere someday. I hear they were considering Royal Blue and Green. I'm sure a Green and Blue Sharks Prototype would be a very interesting jersey.

In a weird minor change, the Ducks appeared to have changed their gloves.

Last season and seasons prior: all black with orange writing.

141622688.jpg

For the most part of this season: black with orange cuffs and black writing.

jonathan-quick-ryan-getzlaf-patrick-maro

And now starting with their game last Wednesday (just from looking back at the team's photo gallery): all black with white writing.

463999076_slide.jpg

IEI5Tg1.png

141622688.jpg

And now starting with their game last Wednesday (just from looking back at the team's photo gallery): all black with white writing.

463999076_slide.jpg

It really is a weird change. I definitely preferred this year's orange cuffs, but maybe they were more expensive? Easier to order the all-black gloves in bulk?

IDK, but I'm not a fan of it.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

141622688.jpg

463999076_slide.jpg

It really is a weird change. I definitely preferred this year's orange cuffs, but maybe they were more expensive? Easier to order the all-black gloves in bulk?

IDK, but I'm not a fan of it.

I guarantee price has absolutely nothing to do with it.

I sort of feel that they experimented a little and now feel the black with white balances the best. I wish the gloves had a little color to them, but I think they would need gold on the gloves with the orange to really balance. Honestly, the black/white looks best to me of the three.

They look ok there with the white jerseys, but they don't look as good with the black jerseys. But idk, personal opinion. It is still a weird to just change gloves midseason. I'd really like to know why though haha.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived